PDA

View Full Version : PS.com members in Charley's path

Roycroft201
08-15-2004, 15:35
Have Kyobanim, BMT, and the other Florida members of PS.com checked in ?

I'm wondering and hoping all is well with them.

(My brother and his family -his grown children who also have their own homes in the Orlando area - thankfully only sustained tree damage. His place of employment had many trees uprooted, etc and there is just alot of cleaning up to do.)

Roycroft201

Team Sergeant
08-15-2004, 16:26
Koybanim called me and said he had a few trees down, computer offline, otherwise family is OK.

Gypsy
08-15-2004, 18:43
Glad to hear Kyo checked in and that your family is safe RC. Hope all of the other members down there are okay and will check in soon.

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 04:11
Whataya know, I plugged in my laptop and there was a wireless network. :D I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the fire station or school because there's no cable here.

I'll have a full report for you later with pictures but just a quick one here. Thanks to the crews from Progress Energy in raleigh, NC for getting our power up last night. We would have had it around 4 in the afternoon but since they were from NC and hence in a different union's jurisdiction, they had to wait for permission from the local union to throw the switch.

I shit you not. There words.

Devistation is just unbelievable and standing in the eye of a hurricane is very cool, until the back side of the eye wall hits.:cool:

The Reaper
08-16-2004, 05:35
Originally posted by Kyobanim
Devistation is just unbelievable and standing in the eye of a hurricane is very cool, until the back side of the eye wall hits.:cool:

Been there, done that a couple of times, I can go without it again.

Glad to hear all is well.

Hear you got some free landscaping....

TR

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 05:59
close call. I was sitting by the window in the room where that tree came down.

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 06:01
Another view

The Reaper
08-16-2004, 06:02

Got chainsaw?

Is that a treehouse, or some other structure it hit?

TR

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 06:09
Got a chainsaw and my brothers bringing his over this morning so we can start on it. That was a tree house, there's a fence under there somewhere. We're going to have to 'engineer' the tree out of there. There's a branch it's resting on that kept it from hitting the house. We're just flat out lucky.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-16-2004, 06:45
Glad to see that you all made it thru okay.. I guess the only positive thing about the tree is that it went down before it got any bigger.

Jack Moroney

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 07:05
I've heard that Deland got hit pretty bad. If anyone can get ahold of BMT I can shop around here and deliver to him if needed.

Sacamuelas
08-16-2004, 07:14

Glad to hear your family is okay...

BTW- were you TRYING to win the Darwin award by sitting next to a window during a cat 4 hurricane??? :D

Roguish Lawyer
08-16-2004, 10:28
Glad you and the family are OK, K.

No word from BMT yet?

Roycroft201
08-16-2004, 10:58
Kyo -

Very glad you and your family and your home made it thru OK (and it looks like your home made it thru by a matter of inches in those pics you posted! )

RC201

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 12:13
BTW- were you TRYING to win the Darwin award by sitting next to a window during a cat 4 hurricane???

I think it was more of the facination of the destructive force sitting on the other side of the glass, similar to standing outside the lion's cage at the zoo. It was very intense.

Humor from the storm. The guy down the street had a hurricane party, a bunch of people showed up. Everyone parked in the road under the trees even though the old timer floridians warned them. The result was this perfect drop from the oak tree. The branch is sitting perfectly in the bed of the truck, only damage was the bed was dented a little. The guy drove off down the road with the branch still in the truck.

Kyobanim
08-16-2004, 12:14
Here's the truck