PDA

View Full Version : TAG/unit release to SF


PTHFNDR
09-29-2010, 07:21
I USED the search button and couldn't find anything on this, so I was hoping to get an answer from one of you.
I am in a situation, unit is deploying soon, and don't think my unit will release me to go to the 19th SFG. I understand why and all, but is there anyway to get released aside from an IST? I am not trying to piss people off and have a good relationship with my unit currently. I am just looking to do bigger and better things in my carreer at this point in time. I am not trying to get out of a deployment, which probably comes to many minds, as I have a deployment under my belt already. SF has always been a dream of mine and I have just now pulled my head from my 4th point of contact to make it possible. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Let the heat rounds fly!

blue02hd
09-29-2010, 07:55
Deploy, then try out.

LongWire
09-29-2010, 08:51
Deploy, then try out.

My Brother is right.........The experience should do you well. Timing is everything. Next time pull your head out earlier!!

greenberetTFS
09-29-2010, 10:16
Deploy, then try out.

I concur completely............:)

Big Teddy :munchin

C0B2A
09-29-2010, 12:20
I also agree, get some downrange time under your belt.

PTHFNDR
09-29-2010, 12:28
Thank you all for the time and responses. I guess morally, I was thinking the same. I let the group know about the situation at hand already and they said to come down and try out anyway, and if they release me they release me. Thanks again.

Peregrino
09-29-2010, 12:56
If you have the time before you deploy, build a relationship with the 19th. It'll make it that much easier when you get back if somebody knows your name and that you're interested. Knowing that you sucked it up and met your moral obligations to the current unit will help too.

PTHFNDR
09-29-2010, 13:16
Thank you all again. I hear what you're saying Peregrino and that is exactly my intent. Appreciate the kind words also.