PDA

View Full Version : When the wife is not at home...

MVP
09-27-2010, 08:44
One of the recent threads reminded me of things I reserve for "when the wife is not at home. Some are experiments and some are recurring, a few examples:

Test firing a rifle or pistol in the garage (suitable large chunk of wood for backstop).

Boiling an animal skull on the kitchen stove to get the meat and fat off for mounting.

Once I "tumbled" some brass in the dryer that was placed in two cotton bags with rice and jeweler's rouge.

What have you done?

MVP

dr. mabuse
09-27-2010, 08:49
Test fire small caliber in the master bathroom closet.

Cured some moly resin sprayed parts in the lower oven in kitchen ( it's never used ). ;)

mangler
09-27-2010, 11:25
Small Arms test fire, into suitable backstop.

Washing K&N style air filters for race car in dishwasher.

Placing mounted tire in over to "grow" it in order to get the stagger needed for the go-cart.

Sacamuelas
09-27-2010, 13:17
My wife knows I that I frequent this site and help moderate the forums.

Rule #1 in effect. :D

Pete
09-27-2010, 13:22
I ain't talkin'

busa
09-27-2010, 13:46
I take the fifth or drink it...:p

FMF DOC
09-27-2010, 13:59
No Longer married, But when I was along with small arms fired in basement , completely dressed out two deer in basement and tried to conceal evidence.

The Reaper
09-27-2010, 14:32
I see no need for anyone else to know this info, by my rights under the Fifth Amendment.:D

TR

Bill Harsey
09-27-2010, 14:43
See "leather sheath care" thread in Edged Weapon area here.

MVP
09-27-2010, 14:45
BH, the inspiration of course, perhaps this thread should be moved...

MVP

greenberetTFS
09-27-2010, 16:00
I take the fifth or drink it...:p

Absolutely!..............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

orion5
09-27-2010, 16:01
I see no need for anyone else to know this info, by my rights under the Fifth Amendment.:D

TR

All you Fifth Ammendment guys are no fun.

Just start off your story with "Well, my buddy once told me......"

I doubt any of you can be as bad as Mr Harsey anyway. :cool:

taskforceiron
09-27-2010, 16:01
Tried on some of her clothes. Just kidding. :D

Gypsy
09-27-2010, 17:18
Now see, I wouldn't think the statute of limitations would ever expire for this subject. :D

drymartini66
09-27-2010, 19:22
Parked my motorcycle in the living room.:D

Hooligan
09-28-2010, 03:21
-Bake dried painted metal parts in the oven

-Refinished ole military gunstocks on the stove

-removed the kitchen lights to have more light in my garage

-Left about 30 gallons of homade beer spoil when we deployed and the Frau was visiting here mom for a month....still hear about that one...

-melted silverware

-conducted brazing operation on the kitchen table...

-Skinned a racoon on the counter

-test "Blued" some small metal parts on a bed of brass shavings on the stove...gotta be in a cast iron skillet..

-distilled brandy on the stove with a homade still made from a pressure cooker
(came out pretty good)

-moved my bench grinder in from the garage so I could watch the news...I now have a tv in my garage....

-set up a pellet gun shooting range from the living room into the kitchen

-and one by one over the years manage to destroy every single one of my wife's Hummel plates...:eek:

cold1
09-28-2010, 05:40
Actually get to think that I am King of my castle. At least until she calls to tell me to do some obsure thing she forgot.

taskforceiron
09-28-2010, 14:19

-Left about 30 gallons of homade beer spoil when we deployed and the Frau was visiting here mom for a month....still hear about that one...

-melted silverware

-test "Blued" some small metal parts on a bed of brass shavings on the stove...gotta be in a cast iron skillet..

(came out pretty good)

-moved my bench grinder in from the garage so I could watch the news...I now have a tv in my garage....

-and one by one over the years manage to destroy every single one of my wife's Hummel plates...:eek:

Ok. My wife should never get mad at me after reading this. :)

GratefulCitizen
09-28-2010, 14:28
When the wife isn't home, I tend to the children while she enjoys a well-deserved vacation.

She has the important job.
I'm just the plow horse.

busa
09-28-2010, 15:21

-melted silverware

(came out pretty good)

I think we have a winner!:lifter

busa
09-28-2010, 15:49
Well, I am divorced from the “Wicked Witch of the West”, so here it goes. The ex went somewhere (who knows, who cares), so the boys and I started riding the Suzuki DS80’s (small dirt bikes) around the back yard, they were around 8 & 10 at the time. Which of course lead to riding in the house and through the house.

The track consisted of around the fence line of the back yard into the house through the sliding glass door into the family room, up two stairs into the dining room, around the dining table and then jump the two stairs down into the family room and out to the back yard again.

It was so exciting and I got into my “race” mode and block passed one of the boys in the dining room and sent him and his bike into the wall which left this little tell tale “knobby” marks on the wall, as well as a hole from the handle bars…

Well you know the rest of the story…:rolleyes:

PS: But I did win!!!!:lifter

forward
09-28-2010, 16:59
Which of course lead to riding in the house and through the house.

But of course. It is after all a logical expansion to the route. :rolleyes: However what really scares me is that I could very easily see myself doing the exact same thing! :eek:

Love it.

/r,

Forward

ZonieDiver
09-28-2010, 17:55
Well, I am divorced from the “Wicked Witch of the West”, so here it goes.

Hell, I didn't know my "ex" re-married!:D

busa
09-28-2010, 18:35
Hell, I didn't know my "ex" re-married!:D

Are you tall, blond, thin and blue eyed? Because my boys are both tall, thin, blond and blued and the “ex” is NOT tall, thin, blond or blue eyed, I never did like that woman!

If so you owe me a hell of a lot of child support!:D