PDA

View Full Version : Two Weeks of Federal Furlough???

JJ_BPK
09-17-2010, 18:20
This is a brazen throw down to Berry, Reid and Pelosi.

I hope there is a lot of yelling and screaming..

Maybe they should up it to 4 weeks and repeated annually until they balance the budget???

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=35&sid=2055749

Bill calls for two weeks of federal furlough

September 17, 2010 - 4:14pm

Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) introduced a bill this week that would require two weeks of furlough in 2011 for federal civilian employees. The furloughs would save taxpayers $5.5 billion, according to a release about the bill.

"Furloughs provide slight problems but they provide large solutions to the budget trouble we face," Coffman said.

Coffman's bill, H.R.6134 would make two weeks of unpaid non-consecutive furlough days mandatory, reduce appropriations for salaries and expenses for legislative branch offices, and provide a 10 percent reduction in pay for members of Congress. There are exceptions for national security or reasons related to public health or safety.

In his introduction to the bill, Coffman pointed out that at least 24 states have instituted short-term furloughs, mentioning that Furlough Fridays are happening at the state and local levels.

"I would like to make the U.S. Government as cost conscious as the states," Coffman said. "My legislation is a start."

Ret10Echo
09-18-2010, 05:01
Hmmm....Let me see.

Congress:

These chuckle-heads nut up the process, spend money faster than a speeding bullet, then point to someone else to help "pay the tab".

THEIR boss hires some women (bypassing official processes and law) who I imagine has a salary considerably larger than most Federal employees:

Obama makes it offical: taps Elizabeth Warren as financial consumer czar
By Lynn Sweeton September 17, 2010 3:05 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)
THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 17, 2010

President Obama Names Elizabeth Warren Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

WASHINGTON - Today, President Obama announced the appointment of Elizabeth Warren to serve as Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Here's a suggestion for those idiots on the Hill who feel compelled to rape this country for all it's worth.

Give up YOUR paychecks...in fact, give up being paid AT ALL...for the honor of serving your fellow Americans.

How 'bout this...instead of coming up with wild schemes to make yourself seem like you are not a prostitute to small interest and lobbyists..just in time for the election cycle...how about you QUIT...or better yet, let US FIRE YOU.

Mr Coffman, not every Federal employee is some fat-overweight bureaucrat in a $1000 suit, sucking the blood out of the taxpayer. Some of them are single parents making ends meet, some of them are keeping the bad guys away from your sorry @##$....stop showboating and fix the problems. Wasn't that what you lied...I mean...told the people you were going to do?

Have a nice day.

Pete
09-18-2010, 05:36
...........Mr Coffman, not every Federal employee is some fat-overweight bureaucrat in a $1000 suit, sucking the blood out of the taxpayer. Some of them are single parents making ends meet, some of them are keeping the bad guys away from your sorry @##$....stop showboating and fix the problems. Wasn't that what you lied...I mean...told the people you were going to do?

Have a nice day.

How about fire all the new government employees that are getting stuffed into all the government jobs that were created in the new Federal Departments that were created under Obama.

The Federal Government should not be a jobs program for single parents.

JJ_BPK
09-18-2010, 05:40
Hmmm....Let me see.

Your correct,, this bill will not fly,, but I like Rep's Coffman's way of getting Berry's ear.

This is what is happening in most states in one fashion or another. The LEO, FD, Sanitation, Teachers, & Utilities employees are getting squeezed because of the lack of tax monies.

The local county governments are raising taxes as fast as their constituents will allow, but in most areas it's not enough.

The only other way to get the A$$HATS attention is to introduce what looks on the surface to be outlandish legislation, but in reality, may be the only way to stop the carnage..

This train is out of control and blowing the trestle may be what's needed..

:mad::mad::mad:

Pete
09-18-2010, 07:54
.......... The LEO, FD, Sanitation, Teachers, & Utilities employees are getting squeezed because of the lack of tax monies........

A business has to balance employee pay vs the bottom line and keeping the product competitive in the market. You can price yourself out of business and go under.

Governments, local, state and federal are under no such pressure. They don't have to "produce and compete". They need more money they just raise taxes or in the Fed's case - print more.

Add a few more workers? Hey, no problem just raise taxes.

At what point does someone say enough is enough?

Our local school system cries for more money every year. The county employs around 7,000 folks in the school system. 25% of the jobs are outside the classroom but to get more money the school lays off the classroom teachers to get the parents up in arms and calling the County Board.

The local Sheriff does not get the money for the fancy new SWAT toys? He lays off the school crossing guards. Again the parents are up in arms and he gets his money.

Not everyone can work for government. Somebody has to "make" the money government sucks in to pay it's workers.

And don't give me that "We pay taxes to" crap. If you have 100 workers in a closed system and all work for the government what would the tax rate need to be to pay them?

That is what it's coming to. The private sector tax payer is getting squeezed by the ever increasing size of the government workers at all levels.

Oldrotorhead
09-18-2010, 08:13
Hmmm....Let me see.

Congress:

These chuckle-heads nut up the process, spend money faster than a speeding bullet, then point to someone else to help "pay the tab".

THEIR boss hires some women (bypassing official processes and law) who I imagine has a salary considerably larger than most Federal employees:

Here's a suggestion for those idiots on the Hill who feel compelled to rape this country for all it's worth.

Give up YOUR paychecks...in fact, give up being paid AT ALL...for the honor of serving your fellow Americans.

How 'bout this...instead of coming up with wild schemes to make yourself seem like you are not a prostitute to small interest and lobbyists..just in time for the election cycle...how about you QUIT...or better yet, let US FIRE YOU.

Mr Coffman, not every Federal employee is some fat-overweight bureaucrat in a $1000 suit, sucking the blood out of the taxpayer. Some of them are single parents making ends meet, some of them are keeping the bad guys away from your sorry @##$....stop showboating and fix the problems. Wasn't that what you lied...I mean...told the people you were going to do?

Have a nice day.

How about taking the pensions from all ELECTED officials and converting it to Social Security? That will sabe Billions.
With the exception of the Military how about making Federal retirement age 66 for a full pension?
How agoutreturning to the 18 enumerated powers given to the Federal Government in the Constitution. and eliminated all other departments. Start with HEW.

Pete
09-19-2010, 06:48
Michael Barone: Dems at war: Public unions vs. gentry

This story relates to the public vs private employees

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Dems-at-war_-Public-unions-vs_-gentry-liberals-900388-103175199.html#ixzz0zykBKx5a

".......Four years ago, Fenty carried every precinct in the city. In office he has drawn national attention for his appointment of Michelle Rhee as school chancellor. Rhee's reforms have produced higher test scores, stable rather than declining enrollment, a teacher evaluations system that has resulted in dismissals of dozens of incompetents, and a union contract giving administrators greater flexibility in assignments.

Rhee won national acclaim but antagonized politicians like Gray with deep roots in Washington's black community. Blacks here as in most large cities have been more likely than average to work in public-sector jobs -- a legacy of the days half a century ago when governments, at least north of the Potomac, didn't discriminate against blacks as many private firms did.

As a result, Gray struck a chord with black voters when he denounced Rhee's teacher layoffs -- the same layoffs that gentry liberals hailed as eliminating bad teachers who hold back children from poor families.........."

Unions at all public levels are out for themselves - not the people they serve. The teacher's unions love to keep the masses on the plantation. So public service union folks see the destruction of their children but still vote the union way.

So after Gray wins how long before a new school chancellor?

mojaveman
09-19-2010, 09:30
Not everyone can work for government. Somebody has to "make" the money government sucks in to pay it's workers.

And don't give me that "We pay taxes to" crap. If you have 100 workers in a closed system and all work for the government what would the tax rate need to be to pay them?

That is what it's coming to. The private sector tax payer is getting squeezed by the ever increasing size of the government workers at all levels.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point Pete.

Were you talking about the future of California? :p

2018commo
09-19-2010, 13:15
How about fire all the new government employees that are getting stuffed into all the government jobs that were created in the new Federal Departments that were created under Obama.

The Federal Government should not be a jobs program for single parents.

Brother, you have no idea; the only people who get fired are the ones who try to make these goobers work.