PDA

View Full Version : Restore Honor Rally

JJ_BPK
08-28-2010, 11:34
There is a live feed from the Lincoln Memorial for those that are on FaceBook and not able to attend..

http://apps.facebook.com/sowflive/?_fb_fromhash=f68a1b08f25ac9ed677e723ef95448d6

Enjoy..

T-Rock
08-28-2010, 11:43
Thanks for the link….I just clicked on…, in time to hear the song, The 8th of November :cool:

18DWife
08-28-2010, 11:51
I wanted to go ,but missed out :boohoo

greenberetTFS
08-28-2010, 12:00
Thanks for the link….I just clicked on…, in time to hear the song, The 8th of November :cool:

I'm with T-Rock,just caught the ending of 8th of November.......... Big and Rich did the original song which they also wrote................:D

Big Teddy :munchin

T-Rock
08-28-2010, 12:50
I'm with T-Rock,just caught the ending of 8th of November.......... Big and Rich did the original song which they also wrote.

That song gives me chills every time I hear it. I had no clue about “Operation Hump” till after hearing that song when it first came out.

Rest in peace SFC Lawrence Joel - Hand Salute!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7EPlqvMAfU

They’re saying the numbers for the event were close to a half a million…

Only ~ 3,000 showed up for Al’s rally :D

:munchin

JJ_BPK
08-28-2010, 13:47
Sorry I didn't find this earlier..

:mad:

Green Light
08-28-2010, 18:38
I thought that the most inspiring part was the representatives of dozens of religions, and many races, standing together as honorable men and women. Dr Alveda King's speech was inspiring.

While the protest against the Rally claimed that Beck was "hijacking" the legacy of MLK, King's former lawyer stated that he was impressed with the gathering's and that he felt that King would have been proud of the message of peace and equality that was pronounced there:

"Clarence B. Jones, who served as King's personal attorney and his speechwriter, said he believes King would not be offended by Beck's rally but "pleased and honored" that a diverse group of people would come together, almost five decades later, to discuss the future of America.
Jones, now a visiting professor at Stanford University, said the Beck rally seemed to be tasteful and did not appear to distort King's message, which included a recommitment to religious values."

That's pretty clear.

There are those who will attempt to describe it otherwise.

hdgb
09-07-2010, 09:33
My wife and i drove the bike up from South carolina to attend. 1000 miles on my old but , tho i got to visit with some old SF buddies during the weekend so all worth it.
I went cause it was sponsered by the Wounded warriors foundation and i also like glenn beck. The turn out was unbelievable it was packed from washington monuement all the way to lincoln, on both sides all the way out past the wall.
I'm positive 500,000 is an underestimation.
The Wounded warrior fund raised over $5 million dollars so what ever your politics or opinions Glenn beck is a patriot and This was a huge fund raising events for the cause and i was glad to be a part of it.