PDA

View Full Version : Help on AR

Markm81
08-28-2010, 10:40
Does anybody remember how to shorten the throw on the fire selector switch on an ar 15 lower?
I would like to change the factory setting at 90 degrees to 45 degrees. My CRS is setting in really fast any more.
Thanks
Mark

Oldschool45B
08-30-2010, 13:50
Well, you are going to have to put in a new selector. There are grooves in the switch that allow the trigger parts to move and operate in FA mode. I have not seen a 45 degree switch in YEARS! You may ask over at Subguns but out of a dozen or more big catalogs of parts I can not remember the last time I saw one for sale. And IIRC the ones back then did not work worth a damn anyway. it is going to be an oddity to say the least. You will also want the side plate that gives the new positions. It goes against the receiver under the selector.

regular guy
08-31-2010, 01:51
Does anybody remember how to shorten the throw on the fire selector switch on an ar 15 lower?
I would like to change the factory setting at 90 degrees to 45 degrees. My CRS is setting in really fast any more.
Thanks
Mark

Hey Mark,
I hope I am not stepping on any toes here hoping to answer it, but I would post on thehighroad.com, those guys have been bench shooting ARs and the variants longer than I have been alive. They are really humble guys who love good questions, try giving them a holler! Stay Safe!

Markm81
09-17-2010, 19:11
Thanks for the info