PDA

View Full Version : Body Armor

Mike792
08-13-2010, 01:50
Have a friend looking for light weight, multi hit body armor for work here in Afghanistan. Anyone have any recommendations? I personally use Paraclete.
Thanks

kgoerz
08-13-2010, 07:39
Diamond Back FAPC is about the best one I ever used. The Cummerbund can be removed easily. The low profile Mag holders work great.

Mike792
08-14-2010, 04:11
Thanks brother will send him to the Website.

Bushranger
08-15-2010, 21:55
/transfered to another thread/

caveman
08-16-2010, 05:18
Hello,
I experienced that during certain type of ops, body armour is more of a nuisance and is actually endandering oneīs life more than protecting, like multiple days dismounted recce patrols, long covert humps for the OP etc., especially higher in the mountains. I personally would prefer to be lighter and able to really manouver with unit, not just drop like a bag of sh.t, and wait for CAS during the contact. I also think that this is the reason why we have so many casualties caused by IEDīs, as most people drive around in vehicles, and it is more and more uncommon to do letīs say 20 clicks patrol on foot. I am talking mainly about rural A-stan. On the other side, I surely definately understand and appreciate wearing body armour for one day ops or ops with vehicles, or in urban areas. So my question is, what is your opinion? I think that GC should have a choice to allow his guys to go light if needed.

PS: I know this is not purpose of the author of the thread, but I did not want to start a new one when there already is a thread named like this.

There's a good conversation answering your question and offering quite a bit of Quiet Professional Opinion here:

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22238&highlight=body+armor

If you drop the "U" from your spelling of "armour" I suspect you'll have better luck when searching.

Bushranger
08-16-2010, 08:49
There's a good conversation answering your question and offering quite a bit of Quiet Professional Opinion here:

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22238&highlight=body+armor

If you drop the "U" from your spelling of "armour" I suspect you'll have better luck when searching.

Thanks dude;)