View Full Version : National Guard to Active Duty question
Decoy_Octopus
08-09-2010, 13:35
Can you transfer to active duty and go straight into special forces selection?
The Reaper
08-09-2010, 14:12
No.
Especially if you cannot even fill out your profile.
TR
goarmy808
01-12-2011, 12:13
I used the search function and ran across this thread, and rather than creating another thread this one seemed to make more sense. I have generally the same question as the topic creator. I am an 11B in the COARNG and once I get my associates degree I am going to try to get into the training detachment with B Co 5/19th SFG here in Colorado.
My question is, if I complete my SF training and go into the National Guard's Special Forces, do I have the option in the future of going active duty and being able to stay in SF with another SFG?
Team Sergeant
01-12-2011, 12:19
I used the search function and ran across this thread, and rather than creating another thread this one seemed to make more sense. I have generally the same question as the topic creator. I am an 11B in the COARNG and once I get my associates degree I am going to try to get into the training detachment with B Co 5/19th SFG here in Colorado.
My question is, if I complete my SF training and go into the National Guard's Special Forces, do I have the option in the future of going active duty and being able to stay in SF with another SFG?
Yes.
goarmy808
01-12-2011, 13:29
Much appreciated, Sergeant, have a good one.
Much appreciated, Sergeant, have a good one.
SERGEANT!!!
do push-ups.......:munchin
goarmy808
01-12-2011, 13:37
Roger.
Kind of a follow up question, but would I lose any rank going from a NG SF Unit to an AD SF unit?
The Reaper
01-12-2011, 13:57
Roger.
Kind of a follow up question, but would I lose any rank going from a NG SF Unit to an AD SF unit?
The odds are good that the answer is completely irrelevant at this point in your career.
Complete SFAS, and then we can talk about it. Till then, and as we have mentioned repeatedly, you need to focus on the 25 Meter target.
You probably won't have to revert to PV2.
TR
Dozer523
01-12-2011, 13:58
today at 14:34SERGEANT!!!
do push-ups.......:munchin
today at 14:37Roger.
Kind of a follow up question, but would I lose any rank going from a NG SF Unit to an AD SF unit? I don't think he told you to stop after just three minutes. You might want to discover what a Team Sergeant is ("god-like creature who walks on . . ." ) before you actually meet one.
(I hate consecutive snowdays)
Roger.
Kind of a follow up question, but would I lose any rank going from a NG SF Unit to an AD SF unit?
RECOVER!!!
If you're a PFC now in the NG, then go through SFQF, you'd probably be an E-5 by the time you graduated (if you graduated). More than likely if you came active duty at that time, you'd still do so as an E-5. If you waited and were promoted to E-6 before going on active duty, you might be demoted back to E-5....jd
goarmy808
01-12-2011, 14:19
Roger,
I have done some research regarding overall transfer's for National Guard members of any MOS to active duty while on deployment. If I am on AD status with a NG SF unit on deployment, would I still lose some rank if I transferred to AD with a AD SF unit?
Foot Drill
01-12-2011, 16:17
X
ZonieDiver
01-12-2011, 16:49
Roger,
I have done some research regarding overall transfer's for National Guard members of any MOS to active duty while on deployment. If I am on AD status with a NG SF unit on deployment, would I still lose some rank if I transferred to AD with a AD SF unit?
What do we have here, a learning disability? Did you miss TR's post just a few above this one of yours?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by goarmy808
Roger.
Kind of a follow up question, but would I lose any rank going from a NG SF Unit to an AD SF unit?
The odds are good that the answer is completely irrelevant at this point in your career.
Complete SFAS, and then we can talk about it. Till then, and as we have mentioned repeatedly, you need to focus on the 25 Meter target.
You probably won't have to revert to PV2.
TR
I think you should do push-ups until ALL of us get tired, not just FOG's like me.
ZonieDiver
01-12-2011, 16:50
If I may, I would like to jump in here with hopes of getting the message across to, goarmy808. As mentioned above you need to focus on the immediate goals in front of you before you even begin to consider these questions you ask.
1. Attend SFRE and pass.
2. Attend SFAS and get selected.
3. Attend and graduate the Q course.
Ok, these three should keep you busy for about 2+ years. After you have completed these three you will be able to answer you own questions. And I'm certain that by that point you would have realized these questions you ask are kinda silly. I'm not saying that other people don't have these types of questions, I've had thousands of them myself....asking them when we haven't been selected is pointless and annoying to the QP's.
my .02
NO, you may not! This is an SF area where SF-qualified members answer questions from those with enquiring, repetitive, refuse-to-read-the-thread-or-stickeys minds!
You can do push-ups, too!
goarmy808
01-12-2011, 20:13
Actually, I did. I completely spaced on that. When I pulled up the thread it jumped me down to the last post I didn't scroll up far enough, which was my mistake. Sorry about that, more attention to detail will be used in the future
What do we have here, a learning disability? Did you miss TR's post just a few above this one of yours?????
I think you should do push-ups until ALL of us get tired, not just FOG's like me.
Team Sergeant
01-13-2011, 09:56
Actually, I did. I completely spaced on that. When I pulled up the thread it jumped me down to the last post I didn't scroll up far enough, which was my mistake. Sorry about that, more attention to detail will be used in the future
Nothing like getting the attention of half a dozen Special Forces soldiers.... they're all just screwing with you, well, except "The Reaper" even Chuck Norris checks under his bed for "The Reaper".
Train hard if you think about going SF. Train your mind as well.
Team Sergeant
One option although not without issues is AR 135-210, Order to Active
Duty as Individuals for Other Than a Presidential Selected Reserve
Call-up, Partial or Full Mobilization
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/download/AR135-21019990917.pdf
MVP