PDA

View Full Version : "CPT" William James Clark...serial imposter

Eagle5US
08-08-2010, 16:01
This is taken from another board...but it was too good not to share...This didn't happen to me, but it would have been fun

This will be a brief rant about what happened in gizmo's life today:

So, I went to a gun show today with a friend of mine. We were in the mood for some deals, and in general just wanted to go play with some guns. When we get there we immediately notice an individual in ACU's. Since this is on Aug 7th, a Saturday, this came to us as being odd. So, my friend and I both being active duty NCO's start to eye ball this guy and notice his badges and awards. Before I list his extensive record let me describe this individual first. 30-40 yr old white male, approx 300 lbs, Blonde high and tight hair cut and a goofy overall appearance. He was wearing glasses on the back of his head, a belt on the outside of his ACU top full of gadgets and a radio with a hand mic wrapped around him self and clipped on his uniform.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/6.jpg

I wanted a closer look at this guy so I told my buddy I would be right back and conducted some good ole fashion recon. He was at the polaris dealer talking to the sales rep about buying 4 quads "for his guys." I jumped in the conversation

Me: Jokingly "4! Can I have one!"
He chuckled and I asked him what unit he was in.

Him:"10th Special Forces."

Me: "Really? What are you guys doing up here?"

Him: "Oh I'm just helping out some friends of mine"

I took note of all his uniform bits and pieces and walked away. He went about his business and I later confronted him again and asked him if I could talk to him outside. He and I walked out to the back of the gun show and I began to ask him a series of questions that only an individual with his experience would know. He failed miserably and I then decided to level with him. I produced my ID and asked for his. He told me it was in his car so I said lets go get it. Of course he did not have one and I began to lay into him. I yelled at him for a good 30 minutes and made him remove all the items he had never earned on his uniform. I called him plenty of names and said that he was wearing a uniform that my friends have died in, and that he didn't even deserve to touch one.

This guy began to apologize and back pedal, and asked me not to "tell on him." I began to tear into him and lower his self esteem even more hoping that he attempts suicide tonight.

All in all this is everything he lied about and what he was wearing:

Special Forces Qualification
Ranger Qualification
Airborne Qualification
Combat Infantryman Badge with 2 stars
Senior Parachutist Badge
Air Assault Badge
Military Police Badge
US ARMY Tape

and last but not least, Captain Rank.

Later people came up to me and told me what he had told others about himself:

He has served 20 yrs in the Army
He just came back from a 49 month deployment from Afganaland
He goes back and forth all of the time on "Special Mission"

CONSOLIDATED INFO ON WILLIAM JAMES CLARK:
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/350361_imposter07.html
http://www.sequoyahcountytimes.com/view/full_story/705627/article-Impersonator-accused-again
http://www.jerrypippin.com/I40Bridge.htm
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderServlet?Transaction=NameSearch&needingMoreList=false&FirstName=william&Middle=james&LastName=clark&Race=W&Sex=M&Age=&x=73&y=14
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=20049

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/5.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/4.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/3.jpg

greenberetTFS
08-08-2010, 16:17
I just have one question,why isn't this POS back in jail regarding to the Stolen Valor act? :confused::confused::confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Eagle5US
08-08-2010, 16:23
From the thread (I just read all 6 pages of it), the Juno PD refused to intervene. That evening, FBI, CID, OSI and Alaska State Troopers were all notified (mainly due to the Travis AFB Sticker) and were waiting for dude at the gun show the following day. He didn't show there, but he DID show at the ANG Armory asking for boots:rolleyes:.
Supply dude knew nothing about the day before, but didn't give him any boots because he didn't have an ID card.
He is currently still at "LARGE"

rdret1
08-09-2010, 04:06
Too much there for words. It does sound like he is pretty good at persuading people to believe him though. How did he get FBI agents to follow his orders for 2 1/2 days? They must have been rookies and didn't understand jurisdiction, let alone be able to tell a chub like that wasn't a real captain.

Richard
08-09-2010, 05:22
Looks like another exception to having to do the pipe crawl out a Camp Mackall - BP coulda lowered him down on top of that spewing oil head to plug the flow in the Gulf if they could've found the guy. :rolleyes:

Richard

Green Light
08-09-2010, 17:24
Reminds me of when Homer Simson got so fat he had to wear a mumu. :rolleyes:

LongWire
08-11-2010, 14:26
Good Catch!!!!

alright4u
08-11-2010, 22:53
In the years I have gone to SOAR as an SOA member, I have yet to meet one SF man anywhere near this man's girth/weight/size. No SF man I ever served with let himself go like this man has.

Utah Bob
08-14-2010, 18:54
Jesus what a pos!
Get the dogs and run this sob to ground.
Went to the NG Armory to get boots?? Unbelievable!
It would appear his prison stint didn't rehabilitate him. He needs some more time inside to get his mind right.

Richard
08-15-2010, 04:06
Must be within a mile of a water hazard - he's still wearing that inner-tube flotation device under his t-shirt.

Anybody wanna bet his 'bat cave' is lined with diplomas and award citations he's gotten on-line somewhere and filled in himself?

Richard

7624U
08-16-2010, 12:28
This has hit the Email's of a lot of 10th group guys already, We are conducting a roll call to see if any of our 10th grp brothers went missing from being eaten when this Doppelganger appeared.

craigepo
08-16-2010, 13:55
I've done a little checking on this guy.

He was sentenced to three years for impersonating an army officer, 70 months for being a felon in possession of a firearm, sentences ran concurrently(he previously did time in a Missouri state penitentiary). He was sentenced in US Federal Court in Muskogee, OK on 26AUG03.

He was released from custody 1NOV07.

I can't figure out if he is still on parole. However, I would presume he is not, as his parole orders stated that he wasn't to go outside the state of Oklahoma, without permission(it seemed that the photos above were taken in Alaska?).

If he is still on parole, then he needs to be reported to his parole officer. If not, then the Feds in Alaska might need to be made aware of his criminal history.

LongWire
08-16-2010, 14:13
He was released from custody 1NOV07.

Apparently he hasn't learned his lesson. Perhaps some retraining is in order?

ZonieDiver
08-16-2010, 14:31
Maybe he could be "palletized" and "heavy dropped" into Afghanistan/Pakistan on a "Find Bin Laden" mission!

Drug his huge ass, he wakes up just before being kicked off the tail of a C-130, in a modern-day update of "Operation Dumbo Drop"! :D

greenberetTFS
08-16-2010, 14:54
Maybe he could be "palletized" and "heavy dropped" into Afghanistan/Pakistan on a "Find Bin Laden" mission!

Drug his huge ass, he wakes up just before being kicked off the tail of a C-130, in a modern-day update of "Operation Dumbo Drop"! :D

"Dumbo Drop 2",very funny Zonie,very funny indeed.........:):)

TheShootist
08-27-2010, 15:24
He's still at it...but this time he's an MP!

Firearms charge for convicted Army faker

The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Aug 27, 2010 13:40:45 EDT

FAIRBANKS, Alaska — Police said Friday they are looking for a convicted con artist with a long history of impersonating Army officers.

A Fairbanks magistrate has issued a $100,000 arrest warrant for William James Clark, 37, on a charge of weapons misconduct or being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported that police were called to the North Star Council on Aging on Monday afternoon after a man showed a pistol to the facility director, Julie McCumby, and claimed to be a military police officer.

Clark was cited for trespassing and told not to return by a police officer responding to a call from McCumby.

Police learned later that Clark has outstanding warrants in five different states.

LINK: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/08/ap-army-william-james-clark-faker-firearms-charges-082710/

Eagle5US
08-27-2010, 15:29
He's still at it...but this time he's an MP!

Firearms charge for convicted Army faker

The Associated Press
Posted : Friday Aug 27, 2010 13:40:45 EDT

FAIRBANKS, Alaska — Police said Friday they are looking for a convicted con artist with a long history of impersonating Army officers.

A Fairbanks magistrate has issued a $100,000 arrest warrant for William James Clark, 37, on a charge of weapons misconduct or being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported that police were called to the North Star Council on Aging on Monday afternoon after a man showed a pistol to the facility director, Julie McCumby, and claimed to be a military police officer.

Clark was cited for trespassing and told not to return by a police officer responding to a call from McCumby.

Police learned later that Clark has outstanding warrants in five different states.

LINK: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/08/ap-army-william-james-clark-faker-firearms-charges-082710/
Yes, if you would have read the original post you would have seen that he was claiming to be an MP there as well, including (improperly AND inappropriately) wearing an MP badge. It is the big thing on his left upper man boob.

Eagle

greenberetTFS
08-27-2010, 16:03
This POS should get busted for that firearms violation,but what if he gets wind that he could claim he has a MOH and that it's not a violation to the Stolen Valor Act..... I wouldn't put it past him to do it............In fact God only knows how many POS's will do that now that they know they can get away with it............ Maybe time for some vigilante justice...........:mad::mad::mad:

Utah Bob
08-28-2010, 11:42
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner (http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/9309424/article-Wanted-con-artist-posing-as-Army-officer-is-arrested-in-Deadhorse-?instance=home_news_window_left_top_4)

JJ_BPK
08-28-2010, 12:00
Now that the Stolen Valor Act was declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL,, I guess they'll let him go??

Scumbag...

greenberetTFS
08-28-2010, 12:11
JJ's right,this guy is like Uncle Remus' "tar baby",now that they got him,what can they charge him with?................:confused:

Mitch
08-28-2010, 14:38
Looks like he has gaind some weight since 2002: (From the 2002 article below)

Weaver described Clark as being in his late 20s to early 30s, standing 5-foot-11 to 6-2 and weighing about 180 to 200 pounds. He has light, sandy red hair and a muscular build.

Oklahoma barge crash - Report: Army impostor may be Missouri ex-con
Associated Press | June 6, 2002

Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:13:31 PM by HAL9000

MUSKOGEE, Okla. (AP) -- A man who showed up at last month's deadly bridge collapse in eastern Oklahoma claiming to be an Army officer may be a Missouri ex-convict with a history of impersonation, according to a newspaper report.

The FBI is investigating the man who arrived in Webbers Falls two hours after a barge struck the Interstate 40 bridge and caused it to tumble into the Arkansas River, killing 14 people. The man, dressed in fatigues and a beret, identified himself as Capt. William Clark from Fort Carson, Colo.

A Missouri law officer and a relative of the man believe he may be Billy Clark, a resident of Tallapoosa, Mo., the Muskogee Daily Phoenix reported in Thursday's editions.

Officials at Fort Carson said they had no record of Clark. FBI spokesman Gary Johnson would not confirm to The Associated Press late Thursday if Billy Clark was the man under investigation.

Billy Clark got out of a Missouri prison six months ago, Alan Clark, the man's uncle, told the Phoenix. Alan Clark said his brother and nephew have the same name, and that the elder Clark was once in the military.

"Billy wears his dad's clothes and uniforms and charges motel rooms to the U.S. government,'' Alan Clark told the newspaper. "He has even charged hospital stays to the government. He never pays for a meal.

"He'll go into a restaurant and say he's a firefighter and they paid for 10 meals and only got eight. He's unbelievable.''

read more at: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/696021/posts

Mitch
08-28-2010, 14:44
Just a bit more from 2002:

Police in Van Buren, Ark., said the man showed up at a Super 8 motel on May 28, saying he was helping with the bridge collapse and needed eight rooms. The man put "Do Not Disturb" signs on seven of the rooms, which were never occupied, and slept in an eighth room for one or two nights, police Lt.
Brent Grill said. He told police he was a captain with U.S. Special Forces and was on leave from Pakistan.

The man said the hotel rooms were for other rescuers and Clements' father.

"He tells a pretty good story," Grill said. "It's just pathetic that he would take advantage of a situation like this."

The man skipped out on the $900 bill for the hotel rooms, Grill said.

Grill said police were interviewing hotel employees and are "99 percent sure" they know the man's identity. He will be charged with theft of services, a felony.

The man also told an Associated Press reporter his name was Capt. William Clark and that he was from Fort Carson, Colo. The fort has no record of the man.

Mitch
08-28-2010, 15:03
Here is a radio broadcast produced by a group who believes that this guy, Clark, has been duped by the government - and is suffering from Government Mind Control Programs (i.e. Men Who Stare at Goats - Clooney). They interviewed the POS - you can hear his comments - sounds like both sides are playing each other - the producers want to believe him, and he is feeding them what they want to hear.

Sorry about the length, apparently it is unedited, and the "Over the top" sound effects.

Unbelievable

(04-02-08) This program took years to put together, five of our producers were involved as well as myself in getting William J. Clark to come on the air and tell his side of the I-40 Bridge Collapse back in 2002. Clark was sentenced back to prison for violation of his parole. The violation, he reported to the Russian Embassy that he was part of a plot of US government black operators to assassinate the Russian President. After being put in Limbo for several months Federal Judge James Payne ordered Clark back to prison. UPDATE on WILLIAM CLARK - (August 27, 2010) William Clark is now out of prison after having served his full sentence. He lived in LA for a while but I understand now he is in the Southeastern US. There are reports to us that he has recently been seen wearing a Special Forces uniform again but he has gained a lot of weight so no one is likely to believe he is really a US Army Captain.

The Bridge Collapse Murder
CLICK HERE to Order

We had interviewed Clark earlier but we wanted to hold up the program release until this legal jeopardy period was over for Clark. With Payne's decision last week, we feel we are free to release the Clark story as told by William Clark himself.

The tale involves his side of the story on how he pretended to be an Army Captain and took over the rescue efforts when a tug boat knocked down the bridge over the Arkansas River near Webbers Falls on I-40 in Oklahoma. The bridge is not far from a nuclear waste dump that was left unguarded with huge numbers of radioactive waste in barrels in the open with only an empty guard shack.

In this program, Clark is probed about his hearing voices, memory loss and total failure to remember calling the Russian Embassy. The Tug Boat Captain had similar tales to tell in a court proceeding in Mississippi. Could this be some sort of mind control activity using dubious characters to do under cover black ops? Or was it just a case of total ineptness by Homeland Security, The National Guard, Oklahoma Highway Patrol and other authorities.

Then there was the case of the real Army Captain who died in the accident and his missing lap top, some valuables and a brief case. Could the military officer been a courier of secrets that someone did not want to go to the Pentagon which was where he was headed by car from California.

In this 90 minute interview, Pippin probes all the possible scenarios with Clark who gives candid answers and we think you will find the closing monologue by Pippin interesting and troubling.
MP3 - Running time: 1 hour, 35 minutes, 19 seconds - Windows media Part 1, Windows media Part 2,
Windows media Part 3

http://www.jerrypippin.com/I40Bridge.htm

Richard
08-29-2010, 14:36
I was just sent this info and guess who was just checked into his new lodgings...:D

Richard :munchin

Wanted Army Impersonator Arrested In Deadhorse
Anchorage Daily News, 29 Aug 2010

A man who served prison time for impersonating an Army officer at the scene of an Oklahoma bridge collapse has been arrested in the North Slope community of Deadhorse. William J. Clark, 37, had outstanding warrants in five states, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported Saturday.

The director of the North Star Council on Aging contacted Fairbanks police earlier in the week after Clark displayed a handgun. Though Clark posed as a military police officer, the woman told police she thought he was mentally ill or a jail escapee.

Despite the outstanding warrants, Fairbanks police let Clark go because he did not show up as a convicted felon in a statewide database. A national database was not checked until it was too late.

A hunter who read a newspaper article about Clark contacted police, reporting that he met a man in military fatigues who fit Clark's description, said Fairbanks police Sgt. Eric Jewkes.

The man believed to be Clark mentioned he was going to Deadhorse, more than 400 miles north of Fairbanks. North Slope Borough police found Clark at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel on Friday and he was arrested without incident, Jewkes said.

Clark is expected to be flown back to Fairbanks within the next few days.

Clark has a history of impersonating Army officers, most notably after the 2002 collapse of the Interstate 40 bridge over the Arkansas River in Oklahoma -- an accident that killed 14 people.

Clark spent 2 1/2 days posing as an Army officer, delivering orders to police and FBI agents and even performing media interviews before disappearing. He later pleaded guilty to impersonating an Army officer and received a 70-month federal prison sentence.

A prosecutor said at the time Clark staged the ruse to obtain food, clothing, a pickup and other items.

Shortly after leaving prison in 2007, Clark called a Russian embassy claiming to be part of a U.S. Special Forces squad planning to assassinate Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. :eek:

Clark reportedly told investigators after the incident that he is mentally ill and has no military experience.

In February 2008, Seattle police pulled over Clark because his vehicle lacked license plates. A military uniform was found in the car and Clark claimed to be a military police officer.

Clark's most recent stint in jail ended in August 2009, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

This month a Davenport, Iowa, television station reported that Clark is suspected of passing a bad check at a computer store in April. The man who passed the check reportedly said he needed a laptop for his deployment to Afghanistan.

Fairbanks police also are investigating Clark as a suspect in several cases of bad checks being passed off around the city, Jewkes said. Similar fraud charges are anticipated in Juneau.

http://www.adn.com/2010/08/28/1429035/wanted-army-impersonator-arrested.html#ixzz0y0y1CIT9

Team Sergeant
08-29-2010, 14:40
I was just sent this info and guess who was just checked into his new lodgings...:D

Wanted Army Impersonator Arrested In Deadhorse
Anchorage Daily News, 29 Aug 2010

A man who served prison time for impersonating an Army officer at the scene of an Oklahoma bridge collapse has been arrested in the North Slope community of Deadhorse. William J. Clark, 37, had outstanding warrants in five states, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reported Saturday.

The director of the North Star Council on Aging contacted Fairbanks police earlier in the week after Clark displayed a handgun. Though Clark posed as a military police officer, the woman told police she thought he was mentally ill or a jail escapee.

Despite the outstanding warrants, Fairbanks police let Clark go because he did not show up as a convicted felon in a statewide database. A national database was not checked until it was too late.

A hunter who read a newspaper article about Clark contacted police, reporting that he met a man in military fatigues who fit Clark's description, said Fairbanks police Sgt. Eric Jewkes.

The man believed to be Clark mentioned he was going to Deadhorse, more than 400 miles north of Fairbanks. North Slope Borough police found Clark at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel on Friday and he was arrested without incident, Jewkes said.

Clark is expected to be flown back to Fairbanks within the next few days.
Clark has a history of impersonating Army officers, most notably after the 2002 collapse of the Interstate 40 bridge over the Arkansas River in Oklahoma -- an accident that killed 14 people.

Clark spent 2 1/2 days posing as an Army officer, delivering orders to police and FBI agents and even performing media interviews before disappearing. He later pleaded guilty to impersonating an Army officer and received a 70-month federal prison sentence.

A prosecutor said at the time Clark staged the ruse to obtain food, clothing, a pickup and other items.

Shortly after leaving prison in 2007, Clark called a Russian embassy claiming to be part of a U.S. Special Forces squad planning to assassinate Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. :eek:

Clark reportedly told investigators after the incident that he is mentally ill and has no military experience.

In February 2008, Seattle police pulled over Clark because his vehicle lacked license plates. A military uniform was found in the car and Clark claimed to be a military police officer.

Clark's most recent stint in jail ended in August 2009, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

This month a Davenport, Iowa, television station reported that Clark is suspected of passing a bad check at a computer store in April. The man who passed the check reportedly said he needed a laptop for his deployment to Afghanistan.

Fairbanks police also are investigating Clark as a suspect in several cases of bad checks being passed off around the city, Jewkes said. Similar fraud charges are anticipated in Juneau.

http://www.adn.com/2010/08/28/1429035/wanted-army-impersonator-arrested.html#ixzz0y0y1CIT9

From the looks of this guy they are going to need a "very large aircraft"......

Richard
08-29-2010, 14:47
From the looks of this guy they are going to need a "very large aircraft"......

I'd wait until November and sling load his naked a$$ to Anchorage under the belly of a shithook. :mad:

JJ_BPK
08-29-2010, 19:51
I'd wait until November and sling load his naked a$$ to Anchorage under the belly of a shithook. :mad:

Richard,, you are just a wussy.. I'd suggest one of the semi's that drive the frozen highway,, mount his as a front bumper sticker...

1stindoor
08-30-2010, 06:30

Is a Chinook rated for that weight?:D

Mitch
08-30-2010, 16:58
By the way - I listened to that 90 minute + broadcast. Listened to what the guy had to say regarding the Oklahoma Bridge collapse. To say the least, this guy should have probably started off about fifteen minutes earlier that day - or just stayed in bed.

Had he been 15 minutes earlier – he would probably be dead, the 15th victim. Had he stayed in bed, he would not have arrived at the scene prior to most of the first responders and he would have been kept well away.

Turns out, he was just a dude driving from California to Missouri to visit his Grandmother when he pulled up on the scene of the accident. He said that from the roadway – you could not see the bridge out at all because you had to drive up the elevated approach to the bridge – thus anyone going that way, would not have been able to stop until it was too late.

His story was that after being stopped at the approach to the bridge by a state trooper, he just parked his car and walked down to the river to see if he could help out. He claims lots of stuff from this point on, about helping rescue a woman and her daughter, about being picked up by a fishing boat and eventually being taken to a site a ways down the river where authorities were making a Command Center. He said that all this time, he did not have on that Uniform – which was in his car.

One of ironies that has caused a lot of “Conspiracy Theory” speculations is that there really was an Army Captain traveling that morning – a CPT Clements. He had sent his family on ahead on a PCS move and was just driving alone that morning - on his way to Virginia. Apparently – some of the guys in the fishing boat – found the Captains briefcase and for whatever reason, they gave it to our guy Clark. Probably because they wanted to stay in the boat and he had a car – don’t know. Clark says he opened the brief case and laid all the papers out to dry and of course he read them – it mainly contained PCS orders and medical records.

He claims that he eventually got mad because the State Troopers were not allowing any divers into the water due to the current – so, he claims that he felt that if he put on that uniform - which he had in his car he could take charge of the situation and force State Troopers to allow the divers to dive. So he retrieved his bogus (SF Captains Uniform, with a Green Beret from the 10th Group) and took charge.

Apparently that last bit of the story is true – because that is what he was eventually arrested and convicted for. AMEN

Other things he did while wearing uniform is to call the “Dead Captains” wife on the phone and tell her that he had her husband’s belongings (unbelievable). He called the Captain’s Unit and told them that the Captain had apparently died and that he was a Captain in the Army himself and asked for Instructions – they apparently hooked him up to people in the Pentagon – he said. He claims to have had conversations with several officials who were seeking details.

By the way - he claims that he got the Uniform from a friend at Ft. Carson - and he used it to shop for cheeper stuff at the PX - among other things. Can't see this guy having any friends - but that is what he said. Also - in my opinion - I think he put on the uniform from the moment he decided to walk down to the river - he says he didn't but that makes more sense - it would also explain why the guys in the boat turned the documents over to him.

Anyway – that is how he got involved in Oklahoma, and that is partly how he got to where he is today. Not to say he would not have eventually ended up in jail in Alaska anyway had he stayed in bed that morning? But for sure, he could have done himself and all the rest of us a great service by getting an earlier start that morning - say about 15 minutes.

nousdefions
08-06-2011, 17:37
....Guilty.

Awaiting sentencing, could get 25 years.

Story here (http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=26097)

USANick7
09-27-2011, 08:44
From the looks of it he might have eaten an SF captain...perhaps he thought that was the same thing.:D

Dusty
09-27-2011, 09:48
From the looks of it he might have eaten an SF captain...perhaps he thought that was the same thing.

:D:D:D:D