PDA

View Full Version : Physical Prep for Nasty Nick

SquirrelMaster8
08-03-2010, 12:44
I've been prepping for SFAS for about six months. I've read Get Selected and Chosen Soldier and I've incorporated a workout regime that I'm confident in except in one area, the Nasty Nick. Besides climbing ropes with good technique is there any other recommendations for training any one has? Weather it be exercises in the gym or getting outside and practicing something. Thanks for the help.

The Reaper
08-03-2010, 12:53
I've been prepping for SFAS for about six months. I've read Get Selected and Chosen Soldier and I've incorporated a workout regime that I'm confident in except in one area, the Nasty Nick. Besides climbing ropes with good technique is there any other recommendations for training any one has? Weather it be exercises in the gym or getting outside and practicing something. Thanks for the help.

SM8:

Wow.

In the six years this board has been open, no one has ever come up with that question before.:rolleyes:

The most important exercise for you for the forseeable future will be pushing the button marked "Search" in the upper right hand corner and reading through old threads.

If there is something you have to ask that hs not already been addressed, I will be shocked.

Do not start new threads to ask old questions, or try to G2 the course.

Have a very SF day.

TR

ZonieDiver
08-03-2010, 14:26

Here's how I did it:

1) Start course.
2) Approach obstacle.
3) Manuever successfully through, over, or under said obstacle.
4) Approach the next obstacle.
5) Repeat until course is completed.

This technique NEVER fails. I highly recommend it.

Go Devil
08-03-2010, 14:50
Never Quit.

SquirrelMaster8
08-03-2010, 15:27
Wow

TR[/QUOTE]

So, I had already done what you suggested. But just to make sure I did it again. There is a lot of great information about complete workout regimes, and you gave a nice long account of your experience with the nasty nick. But, being that I have a solid PT regime to prepare, in part developed from what I've found through research and from my personal experience in the military, I asked if anyone had any exercise advice SPECIFIC to the nasty nick.

rubberneck
08-03-2010, 15:33
Stupid hurts but I am sure you'll find that out first hand shortly.

Eagle5US
08-03-2010, 15:37
Hey SquirrelMaster8 -

How about you regroup without the friggin attitude? Thin skinned? Have a nice life in the regular Army.
You do have lots of nerve, although seriously lacking along the lines of SA. Especially seeing as how you are smarting off to folks who have something you want...and I'm not referring to the long tab...I am referring to THEIR HELP.
So pound that little chest of yours all the way to wherever it is that makes you feel special. Ask all the other little woodland creatures there if they will help you out.

Your first impressions here have been noteworthy.

Eagle

Tatonka316
08-03-2010, 15:38
SquirrelMaster - I have a couple of suggestions for you:

1. Apologize as profusely as you possibly can for your comments directed at The Reaper! He is a warrior, a leader and one of the finest men I know. Until you have gotten to know him - even only through this forum - your comments are out of your lane and totally inappropriate.

2. Approach the opportunity to learn from these truly amazing quiet professionals on this forum with gratitude and grace - not bravado and arrogance. TRUST me, you have NO idea who you are "messing with" and if you have ANY thought of becoming a member of the United States Army Special Forces, I would suggest listening and learning as the primary order of the day.

3. Refer back to #1

molon labe

SquirrelMaster8
08-03-2010, 15:43
Clearly this is not a place to ask, only hope its been addressed. There is no thread specifically addressing what I asked. That's a moderator flexing their ego.

Go Devil
08-03-2010, 15:50
Clearly this is not a place to ask, only hope its been addressed. There is no thread specifically addressing what I asked. That's a moderator flexing their ego.

Candidate, you have failed to negotiate this obstacle. Do you wish to try again?

The NN is part of the assessment, let your heart and mind show your fitness.

The Reaper
08-03-2010, 15:51
So, I had already done what you suggested. But just to make sure I did it again. There is a lot of great information about complete workout regimes, and you gave a nice long account of your experience with the nasty nick. But, being that I have a solid PT regime to prepare, in part developed from what I've found through research and from my personal experience in the military, I asked if anyone had any exercise advice SPECIFIC to the nasty nick.

Being that you are the moderator and have already been through selection and the Q course, I'm sure it was fairly easy for you to develop this "comic book guy from the Simpson's" attitude. Before you fire back sarcastically I suggest you yourself search what I just asked. If you want to be a serious douche that's up too you. Is this a full time job for you? Enjoy this one venue where you can freely fire away with your sarcasm and rolleyes smilies, because that doesn't change who you actually are in person.

Thanks for the help douche bag

And thanks to you as well for your insightful and articulate words, which you have subsequently edited. I am sure that those sort of comments will be tremendously helpful when you encounter someone who you do not think is being responsive to your demands in SFAS. Frankly, I do not think you will have to worry about the SFQC.

There are 26 threads on Nasty Nick, BTW. Hope you read them all already.

Since it would appear that you have chosen to ignore my advice, and since I have already done something you want to do (and helped decide who came back, and who did not), do you have anything more profound to say to aid your cause other than puerile name calling? Is calling me a douche bag really your best effort?

I don't think you would say that to my face, either, BTW. The internet makes for some bold characters though.

I made it through the Nasty Nick when COL Rowe was still working at CMK. Without any special prep or G2. It hasn't changed that much. Either you are in shape and can climb ropes, or you are not.

As plank owner here, I have read every post on this board over the years. Given a lot of helpful advice where I thought it was needed as well. Lots of graduates here were helped by posts my brothers and I put up here in our spare time. As they have demonstrated, everything you really need to know is already posted, if you have the heart for it.

If you had done as much reading as you claim to, you would see that I watched kids go through the SFAS and SFQC for a very long time, and got a pretty good sense about who is and who is not going to make it.

Frankly, I don't see you being in that formation at the end of it.

BTW, as the rules state, this is our board, not yours. You were given an opportunity to unscrew yourself, and chose to ignore it. Since you lack SA, respect, and manners to boot, you can now find somewhere else to get your advice.

Adios. Good luck, do the best that you can.

TR

Guy
08-03-2010, 22:00
Here's how I did it:

1) Start course.
2) Approach obstacle.
3) Manuever successfully through, over, or under said obstacle.
4) Approach the next obstacle.
5) Repeat until course is completed.

This technique NEVER fails. I highly recommend it.It's just that easy and does not require "critical" thinking or souped-up special meals and/or supplements.

BTW...I've never even heard of Nasty Nick and/or seen it before be told to go.

Stay safe.

1stindoor
08-04-2010, 06:41
Well that was a fun read...and he lasted almost the entire day. lol.

Ret10Echo
08-04-2010, 07:11
Well that was a fun read...and he lasted almost the entire day. lol.

What is the record just out of curiosity? Would that require some sort of chronograph for accuracy? :D

1stindoor
08-04-2010, 10:33
What is the record just out of curiosity? Would that require some sort of chronograph for accuracy? :D

I'm sure it's been recorded...but this guy lasted just over 3 hours.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6172&highlight=banned+user

Behold...the "Search" button in all it's glory!

koz
08-04-2010, 10:49
I'm sure it's been recorded...but this guy lasted just over 3 hours.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6172&highlight=banned+user

Behold...the "Search" button in all it's glory!

You mean 3 MINUTES ! Not hours:lifter

1stindoor
08-04-2010, 10:59
You mean 3 MINUTES ! Not hours:lifter

I meant the OP of THIS thread lasted about 3 hours. I should have been more clear.

Buffalobob
08-04-2010, 13:50
I saw his name in Introductions and I thought "Squirrelmaster" , this guy must be the world second greatest squirrel hunter. :D :D :D

Bill Harsey
08-04-2010, 22:37
wow, just wow.

SM8, if your still reading...I'm trying to think of an appropriate analogy for what you just did....

First,
The Reaper is a personal friend of mine and he does not hide behind any made up "internet persona", in fact the internet is the much kinder and gentler side of him and not very much of his story is told here.

The same can be said for every Quiet Professional on this website.

Back to that analogy thing, imagine your a lion on the great plains of Africa and wanted to join a group of lions and not just any group but the hardest and most succesful group of hunters that currently make a living there.
You just walked up and kicked one of the big lions and he noticed.

Good luck.