PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's Little Girl..

JJ_BPK
08-03-2010, 10:31
Last month, we went to the UK, then on to Italy for our daughter Shannon's wedding to John Cozzolino.

Why Italy??

She & John live and work in London. His mom is born & raised in Malta, his dad from Naples, It. They now live in Sydney Australia, as does John's sister & family.. Then there are the relatives & friends from all over the world.

Net, Net.. Shannon picked Portofino,, I didn't get a vote..

Posted some pic's on FB. Finally getting around to posting here. I held off because I have been waiting for pictures to come in from the photographer and some of the attendees. As an aside, I sent the kids my pictures,, 4 cd's, just shy of 400.. Digitals are great...

Can't wait any longer..

http://jj-bpk.phanfare.com/4743243

Shannon and John micro-managed every detail of the wedding and did a very good job. Surprisingly she also managed to come in under budget. Made Pop-Pop very happy..

She also managed to coordinate everything without speaking two(2) words of Italian. John's parents left Italy when he was 4 yo, so his Italian is,, sparse..

I start with this picture because I love it. Shannon watches some UK show where they "smile with your eyes"..

She's hit it..

One Proud Pop-Pop..

:D:D:D:D

PedOncoDoc
08-03-2010, 10:36
Congratulations to you and yours! She is absolutely beautiful and it looks like a good time was had by all.

Saoirse
08-03-2010, 11:39
Congrats! I wish them both a wonderful, long lasting and joyous marriage!

ZonieDiver
08-03-2010, 11:50
Congratulations, JJ! (To you and your lovely wife, as well as the bride and groom) Great pictures. I am sure glad my daughters (including my older daughter - Shannon) picked LA and Vegas!

Richard
08-03-2010, 12:21
JJ,

Congrats to all. Nice pics, too.

Richard

akv
08-03-2010, 12:31
Congratulations and Best Wishes

zauber1
08-03-2010, 13:38
Congratualtions Proud Pop-Pop. This is your reward for not strangling your teenagers in their sleep when they needed it.

greenberetTFS
08-03-2010, 13:46
JJ,

Your daughter is a very beautiful young woman.............:) Congrats on their marriage.......:) My only daughter (and my 3 sons) are in their late 40's........ She got married in 1981 at 19 the first time and it cost me at that time 8 grand,unfortunately it only lasted less than a year,her second about 18 years and now her 3rd at 7 years and counting............. ;) Maggie and I are in our 52 year,but I know you've heard my story before she was 17 and I had just turned 21........... "Commitment" is the key to what I believe to be why 50% of the marriages survive today............ God Bless her and their marriage..................

Big Teddy :munchin

Red Flag 1
08-03-2010, 13:52
Congrats JJ!! Thanks for the great pics!

RF 1

JJ_BPK
08-03-2010, 15:16
Thank you all...

JJ,
Maggie and I are in our 52 year,but I know you've heard my story before she was 17 and I had just turned 21........... "Commitment" is the key to what I believe to be why 50% of the marriages survive today............ God Bless her and their marriage..................

Big Teddy :munchin

Teddy you are so right,, Our oldest married a fellow I was not happy with.. I still have scares on my shins from getting kicked under the table from my wife every time I started to say something.. Her 2nd one is 110% better.

I think Shannon & John will be a long term affair,, hope hope hope..

Jean & I are on our 36th yr and going strong..

;)

PSM
08-03-2010, 16:07
Congratulations, Jim! Beautiful eyes.

Pat

dennisw
08-03-2010, 17:49
Congrats to your daughter and her new husband. Love the pictures. Portofino looks like a great place. Would you recommend it to others for a vacation?

Saturation
08-03-2010, 18:06
Wishing them a lifetime of happiness together.

You are absolutely correct about her bouquet picture- stunning!

Thanks for sharing, it looks like it was a great time. Kudos for her budget know how!!! That is the first time I've heard of a wedding under budget.

Dragbag036
08-03-2010, 18:41
Alles gute zume hochzeite...und viele Jahre der Liebe

JJ_BPK
08-03-2010, 18:49
Congrats to your daughter and her new husband. Love the pictures. Portofino looks like a great place. Would you recommend it to others for a vacation?

Recommendations???

Yes and No.

Portofino is very small and MEGA rich. It is the epicenter of the Italian Riviera.

There is a picture in the set of my 2 yo g-daughter looking down on the harbor of Portofino. That's it,, village of 1000 people. The Yatchets in the harbor are enormous. The one in the pic has to be pushing 200 ft and 50 ft wide. When I initially looked at accommodations, rates were running 1500-3500 euros a night..

Everyone stayed in Sanata Marghenta Ligure, down the coast about 2.5 miles. Several levels down in glitz factor. Maybe 8-10 K people. Prices drop down to 150-300 euros with air-conditioning.

Now this is the Mediterranean, so little or no beaches in this area, water depth drops off very deep, I didn't see any dive boats or snorkel tours. Lots of nudity on the beaches,, too much,, if only they had a law to stop the over 80 crowd from going topless and parading in speedo's... Not Pretty..

Additionally this is not a kids vacation area. We had a hard time trying to keep
the little ones happy.

The food is Northern Italian. Not a lot of pasta,, lots of sea food. And they have a couple Gelato stands that rival SEX.. Love it..

Great food and friendly people. I would stay there again.

Utah Bob
08-03-2010, 20:37
Congratulations. I hope the wedding was cheaper than Chelsea's.:D

And the bouquet pic?

Best bride picture Ever!:)

Stingray
08-03-2010, 23:56
JJ_BPK,

Congratulations! You have a beautiful daughter and she looked incredibly happy in the great pictures. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

Sincerely,