PDA

View Full Version : What SOF do Army Special Forces hold in high regards?

taskforceiron
08-02-2010, 20:07
Just curious of what other SOF Green Berets have respect for?

The Reaper
08-02-2010, 20:16
Just curious of what other SOF Green Berets have respect for?

We don't play that here, because it really quickly turns into the question, "Who did you not mention/do you not have respect for?" All are important.

Low tolerance for trolls here, you may want to think beforte starting threads like this one.

TR

taskforceiron
08-02-2010, 20:18
I apologize.

Peregrino
08-02-2010, 20:18
Relative to their own culture, all "SOF" Soldiers are exceptional. I'd even be willing to work alongside some of them. In most cases I'd certainly prefer to work with the best available in whatever locale my country sent me to work. And I'd prefer that whatever adversaries I was asked to address were the worst examples of their particular culture. Other than that - it really isn't important. If you want to do hypothetical comparisons of "elite units" you should stick to watching Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV. That's not what we're about.

taskforceiron
08-02-2010, 20:20
I don't watch that show. It's ridiculous and I was not wanting to turn this into some childish debate. So sorry about starting this thread.

Utah Bob
08-04-2010, 15:43
Your disdain for Deadliest Warriors wins you points here.:D

taskforceiron
08-04-2010, 15:47
It's stupid. It's not even based on a good educated guest. Like someone mentioned in another thread. The Spetsnaz and Special Forces matchup happened 24 years ago in Afghanistan and they found a way to screw that up on that stupid show.

Richard
08-04-2010, 15:51
It's stupid. It's not even based on a good educated guest.

Kinda like this thread? ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Pete
08-04-2010, 15:53
I don't watch that show. It's ridiculous and I was not wanting to turn this into some childish debate. So sorry about starting this thread.

I hold any soldier who does his/her job well in high regard.

I traveled the world with cooks, mechanics, riggers, MI types, NBC guys and supply guys. They all worked hard at their jobs suporting the "action guys" and filled in elsewhere as needed.

They all have my respect.

Big Green has many, many wheels with many, many cogs - and all are needed.

taskforceiron
08-04-2010, 15:54
Kinda like this thread? ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

I was not looking for a make believe encounter between SOFs of various nations. I was seeking whom you guys held in a respectful view.

taskforceiron
08-04-2010, 15:55
I hold any soldier who does his/her job well in high regard.

I traveled the world with cooks, mechanics, riggers, MI types, NBC guys and supply guys. They all worked hard at their jobs suporting the "action guys" and filled in elsewhere as needed.

They all have my respect.

Big Green has many, many wheels with many, many cogs - and all are needed.

Thanks Pete.

Richard
08-04-2010, 16:19
I was seeking whom you guys held in a respectful view.

Pete's exactly right - those who, based on demonstrated performance, we know and trust.

Richard

Team Sergeant
08-04-2010, 16:56
About 10% of the US military does the actual fighting, the rest support those that fight.

Those that support us have always had my respect, even the intel weenies.;)

Green Light
08-04-2010, 16:56
Pete's exactly right - those who, based on demonstrated performance, we know and trust.

Richard

Agreed! Some of the best soldiers I've known were dedicated clerks, guys in the motor pool, and the most derided but most important of the support folks - the cooks. They've all been my friends and fellow soldiers. Almost forgot to mention the riggers. Those and dozens more specialties that allowed us to do our part.