PDA

View Full Version : Red Green Beret

FMF DOC
08-02-2010, 13:13
Sorry if this is an obvious question, I have met and served in support of few Green Berets during my carrier and attended way to funerals for the fallen. Recently while reviewing a memorial page I saw a photo of one of your fallen brothers who was wearing a Red beret with a Special Forces De Oppresso Liber tab along with the Special Forces patch. Was just wondering why the red beret and was there any special meaning.

Thank You in advance,

Doc

The Reaper
08-02-2010, 13:25
Sorry if this is an obvious question, I have met and served in support of few Green Berets during my carrier and attended way to funerals for the fallen. Recently while reviewing a memorial page I saw a photo of one of your fallen brothers who was wearing a Red beret with a Special Forces De Oppresso Liber tab along with the Special Forces patch. Was just wondering why the red beret and was there any special meaning.

Thank You in advance,

Doc

Airborne, not Special Forces qualified, assigned to an SF unit.

Easy to find via searching/googling.

TR

FMF DOC
08-02-2010, 13:33
Roger that, I did know that the red beret was usually AirBourne just did not realize anyone other than a True Green Beret could wear your tab. Thanks.

The Reaper
08-02-2010, 13:48
Roger that, I did know that the red beret was usually AirBourne just did not realize anyone other than a True Green Beret could wear your tab. Thanks.

I really doubt that he was wearing an SF Tab.

TR

Eagle5US
08-02-2010, 15:41
I am sure you mean CREST...not tab. The SF Tab goes over the Left Shoulder patch which incorporates the AIRBORNE tab, which I am certain must be different from the "Jason air 'BOURNE' tab":D

Eagle