PDA

View Full Version : "cell-phone gun"

Pete
07-30-2010, 11:36
Everybody should get one. It's the latest hot item.

"Deputy confiscates woman's cell phone"

"Delaware County sergeant suspected device could be gun"

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/07/29/Deputy_confiscates_womanxs_cell_phone.html?sid=101

"........Sgt. Jonathan Burke wrote that he repeatedly ordered Greenfield to place the "unknown" object in her pocket and keep her hands free. When Greenfield refused, she was arrested and charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest.

Burke wrote in his report that he feared that Greenfield could have been holding a dangerous object such as a "cell-phone gun."................"

If he thought it was a "cell-phone gun" why did he tell her to put it in her pocket?

orion5
07-30-2010, 11:53
Everybody should get one. It's the latest hot item.

Burke wrote in his report that he feared that Greenfield could have been holding a dangerous object such as a "cell-phone gun."

Well, I know my iPhone rarely answers calls and drops 80% of them. May as well turn it into something useful like a gun. :rolleyes:

On a serious-er note, it appears our friend Sgt Burke was pulling a CYA move and did not want to be on video.

The Reaper
07-30-2010, 12:16
Well, I know my iPhone rarely answers calls and drops 80% of them. May as well turn it into something useful like a gun. :rolleyes:

On a serious-er note, it appears our friend Sgt Burke was pulling a CYA move and did not want to be on video.

True on all counts.:D

TR

Utah Bob
07-30-2010, 14:20
Cell phone gun (http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/cellgun.asp)

Burke wrote in his report that he feared that Greenfield could have been holding a dangerous object such as a "cell-phone gun."................"

If he thought it was a "cell-phone gun" why did he tell her to put it in her pocket?
Bingo!

mojaveman
07-30-2010, 14:21
I did some reading on those awhile back. They're made inexpensively somewhere in Eastern Europe. Probably wouldn't be that hard to get one of those and a few .22LR rounds through a security checkpoint somewhere.

Utah Bob
07-30-2010, 14:26
I did some reading on those awhile back. They're made inexpensively somewhere in Eastern Europe. Probably wouldn't be that hard to get one of those and a few .22LR rounds through a security checkpoint somewhere.

Certainly not through any of our air-tight TSA checkpoints!:rolleyes:

ZonieDiver
07-30-2010, 15:02
Certainly not through any of our air-tight TSA checkpoints!:rolleyes:

You mean these guys and gals? :D

6.8SPC_DUMP
07-30-2010, 17:01
The trend in LE includes an increase of video and audio related monitoring of our populous by their biological "finger prints".

At the same time our populous is being deterred, from audio and visual recordings of their public interactions w/ LE, by arrest. It's going to trial: Link (http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu-sues-after-mother-falsely-arrested-boynton-beach-police-officers)

The guy who recorded a LEO pulling his gun on him while being pulled over on his crotch-rocket and then put it on You-tube is facing 16 years... Link (http://www.mclu.org/node/653)

Five-0 loves the people of his City, Country, SF and dogs.:D Pete is an American hero whether he will admit it or not. :lifter

The line that separates their titles is not the line that separates their potential to contribute positively to this Country. We may not all feel like "Brothers", in the same way we do with those we work with, but it is still Team America.

Can we agree that LE is being taught to view it's people as potential terrorists, that LE IS NOT the enemy but the enforcement of law, and that I come off like an asshole often, but more is at stake than me?

If people are mad at the corruption of Gov. they can't only be mad at "the other side" and it's supporters. That is a barrier to breaking the "divide and conquer" of our people by turning "us vs them" into "America vs America".

It will inevitably involve very difficult admissions relating to the role they play in their job. There is an inherent self-preservation, safety, efficiency and loyalty motivation that makes this a difficult "case by case" issue. (ETA: not talking about wikileaks)

Prayers for all who seek justice for the US.

Defender968
07-30-2010, 17:12

We got briefed on cell phone guns at least as far back as 2004, IIRC they held 5-6 rounds of either 22 LR or 25ACP and could fire all rounds very quickly and looked just like a Nokia cell, just one more reason to always wear your vest.

greenberetTFS
07-30-2010, 17:57
You mean these guys and gals? :D

Zonie,the blond was rather funny,but the NUN,give me a break!!!!!!!............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Sdiver
07-30-2010, 19:13
Zonie,the blond was rather funny,but the NUN,give me a break!!!!!!!............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Teddy,

Look hard at that pic of the Nun being searched. Look at what the TSA agent is wearing on HER head.

Ohhhhh the irony.....:eek: :rolleyes: