PDA

View Full Version : Kalua's passing

Shifty
07-15-2010, 02:47
I would like to pass on this email that I just received.

ALCON, After talking to several people the last two days we realized that many out there didn't know that Mike Kalua had passed away. While many of you may not have known hime there are those around you who did, so please pass this on to your team mates and fellow 18E's. Mike's visitation was last friday evening, 9 July followed by a memorial service the next day at the JFK chapel at Ft. Bragg. Mike had a very storied career within the Special Forces community and continued his service as a Training Instructor assigned to the 18E committee after retirement from active duty.
The number of attendees at his memorial services was amazing, a tribute to the respect we had of him and for his family. His antenna will continue to live on and carry his name - The Kalua Off Center..." THE KOC!

I was one of those students who learned about him through his work.

albeham
07-15-2010, 05:25
Sad to hear this. RIP

One of the best

AL

BT SK

Quartz_MJC
07-15-2010, 09:36
Sad to Hear. I am proud to say I was one of his students. RIP

BrianH
07-15-2010, 14:05
A fine instructor and a fine man. One of my favorite stories from the Echo course was the day he shot a dog on his front lawn because it ate his wife's cat right before he left for class, and had to leave before lunch because the cops wondered why there were two dead animals piled next to his mailbox with a sign that had his cell phone number on it.

Red Flag 1
07-15-2010, 14:08
Rest In Peace!

krax
07-21-2010, 12:17
RIP.

greenberetTFS
07-21-2010, 12:45
God Bless,Rest in Peace Warrior.................:(

Big Teddy

Fox583
09-20-2012, 21:36
Wow, i was one of his students. You cant forget someone that wears Hawaiian shirts everyday for 4 months and never put the same one on twice. God must of needed a damn fine Echo for an A-team in Heaven.

Ghost_Team
09-21-2012, 06:03
I was one of his students back in the day. I always got a kick out of his "Let me tell you about this one good time I had...." war stories which inevitably ended with him killing somebody.

RIP