PDA

View Full Version : Subacromial decompression?

dfirsty
07-09-2010, 10:31
Anyone had this done? About a year ago I had surgery to repair my labral tendon, pain stayed after rehab. Another MRI showed my acromion bone was curved and impinged, Doc said it was a 3?.

Had surgery 2 days ago and the doc said he cleaned up the frayed tendon, removed 2 bone spurs, and shaved down the acromion bone. I figured with no tendon repair I'd be feeling great but thats not the case.

Just curious if anyone who has had or preformed this surgery can give me some insight into how long recovery will take.

Thanks,
Derek

Boomer-61
08-05-2010, 10:38
Dfirsty,
You probably feel a whole lot better by now. I think it would be a minimum of 6 weeks for things to start feeling much better with the bony work you had done. The next thing you'll need to do is PT to get the strength back up to where it was. It sounds like you had the decompression to make more room for your rotator cuff, to keep those spurs from eroding through again. Once you heal up your motion should be a lot better, you should not be having any more impingement and you should sleep better at night.
Good luck.
Boomer