PDA

View Full Version : Blue to Green

ixo
07-08-2010, 05:10
Hello, I've searched around a bit and only found a couple guys mention the Blue to Green program. I was just curious if any of you have actually have been prior Air Force or possibly Navy and switched over to the Army to become a QP or may know some one that has. If so how was your transition and experience? I'm curious because I'm looking at doing this now. I have 2 options I am currently contemplating, either put my heart towards PJ selection or put my heart towards SFAS. No matter one one of these two choices will be made when I leave Okinawa. As of now I'm leaning more towards going Blue to Green as I have a friend here that is currently a QP and he is extremely motivating.

scotchrick05
07-08-2010, 07:57
Currently in the Q we have a PJ who wanted to come over to SF and a guy who washed out of BUDS who transitioned from the Navy to attend SFAS. Anything is possible I imagine if you are prepared to succeed here.

The Reaper
07-08-2010, 08:11
IIRC, there are at least a half dozen threads on that topic, as well as people who introduced themselves as being in that program.

How many did you get when you did your search?

TR

ixo
07-08-2010, 20:20
TR, I might have not been specific enough and I will do more thorough searches in the future. I was wonder more about changing over, the experience it self. IE: Did your knowledge of your previous knowledge of your branch help/hurt you in any way. Did the personnel seem extremely different from your previous branch. How were the quality of life changes; food, housing/quarters, base facilities. How was it changing from being an e-4 or 5 knowing everything about your job to being an e-4 or 5 and knowing nothing at all about land navigation, survival, weapons systems. Was it hard to adjust to the rank structure of the Army or adjusting to the Army values? Things similar to these questions. Thank you.

Utah Bob
07-10-2010, 06:48
I am currently contemplating, either put my heart towards PJ selection or put my heart towards SFAS.

WAY different career paths.
You need to decide which you want to be. Then work toward it. Everything else is secondary.