PDA

View Full Version : AKO problem?

chance
07-05-2010, 10:22
Is anyone else having a problem logging into there AKO from home?

jbour13
07-05-2010, 10:42
Always......;)

It's getting difficult to accomplish anything on it outside of work. Gets worse for us when we take off on Gov Sponsored vacations.

They are always working on something new, and it never really hurts to call if you can manage. They sometimes don't know that a segment of the boxes in a stack of servers isn't behaving as it should until someone calls.

tyrsnbdr
07-05-2010, 17:14
Is anyone else having a problem logging into there AKO from home?

They changed the security settings. Before you go to the site, click on Tools, click internet options, click the right most tab Advanced, then scroll down and check the box that says "use TLS 1.0." (forth from the bottom) click ok. you will be able to access the site then.

I still haven't figured out how to get the change to stick, but I will eventually.

ETA: This fix works on IE8. I think other browsers don't work at all with AKO.

chance
07-06-2010, 17:05
Thanks tyrsnbdr, that fixed it.

MtnGoat
04-02-2011, 15:49
They changed the security settings. Before you go to the site, click on Tools, click internet options, click the right most tab Advanced, then scroll down and check the box that says "use TLS 1.0." (forth from the bottom) click ok. you will be able to access the site then.

I still haven't figured out how to get the change to stick, but I will eventually.

ETA: This fix works on IE8. I think other browsers don't work at all with AKO.

I'm having issues with AKO again. My internet exporer gives me a screen of internet exporer can't open page.

Is there anything else you need to to get AKO to open.

jbour13
04-02-2011, 19:11
I'm having issues with AKO again. My internet exporer gives me a screen of internet exporer can't open page.

I've found that if you wait until you do your 3 questions about 30 seconds, delete all of the excess data in the address bar after the army.mil and hit enter.

Works for me for some damn reason in both Mozilla and IE.

Bring a beer over and I'll show you :D!

But tyrsnbdr had a better, long term solution.

Stras
04-02-2011, 19:31

operator headspace and timing??? :D:munchin

See tyrsnbdr's response above.

MtnGoat
04-04-2011, 19:44
operator headspace and timing??? :D:munchin

See tyrsnbdr's response above.

STRAS - If my boot could reach you!!! :D

Fonzy
04-04-2011, 21:49
any advice for mac users?

Jefe
04-05-2011, 13:11
I had to change to Mozilla Firefox and that fixed my issues

Pete
04-09-2011, 09:04
It's been over a year but my MAC & Firefox got right in.

Well, I should say - remembering the log ins (forgot) and passwords (forgot) into AKO and then both again for MyPay took about 40 minutes. Would have took a lot quicker if I'd have just admitted at each step that I forgot instead of typing crap in and hitting "enter".

OK - now I "remember" - on with tax prep.

Dozer523
04-09-2011, 10:52
I'm not sure what I hate more about AKO . . . What DoctrineMan struggles with:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Sa33bWvCo&feature=related
or that nearly everytime I log on I find a picture of some non ARMY person on ARMY Knowledge On-linelog in page.