PDA

View Full Version : Liquid image video mask

Last hard class
06-30-2010, 05:36
Unfortunately, I took no underwater pics. Two reasons: 1) u/w photography (to me) is an awful lot like WORK!

I have always been like you. You miss half of the dive when focusing on the camera. I saw a liquid image video mask on TV today. Looks fairly easy to use without ruining the dive. I am tempted but the internet had mixed reviews. I do not usually dive below 60' anymore. As I age I tend to like warmer shallow dives with good floor reflection. I am not interested in external lights. (too much work)

Anyone here used one of these? If so, how did they rate?

Thanks,
LHC

ODA572
06-30-2010, 07:10
I have one of those Liquid Image Mask Cameras. I have had it for two years now, so it may be one of the first models. I bought it for my boys (7 and 10) to use on vacation at the beach. For that purpose, it is perfect. Simple operation and easy to keep waterproof. But the frames-per-second is slow so video is a bit choppy. It serves the purpose of a "fun" camera but most adults would be disappointed in the quality of the images.

We also used the mask as just a waterproof camera too. On the jet skis it was handy to know the camera was safe in the spray, etc. I would keep it on top of my head and just "point and shoot".

Like I said, great for "fun" shots that you normally would not have taken because of the wet environment.

The boys snow ski too and for that we use a helmet mounted video cam the size of a lipstick container. That's available on-line and has been a lot of fun too. With an 8 gig card you can record video and sound for a whole day then edit it at night. Waterproof containers are available for those too so who knows?

ODA572