PDA

View Full Version : TT FRB (Medical Kit)

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:35
The Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag, as I understand it, was designed as a replacement for the old M3 trifold Aid Bag. Although we were issued the M3, I didn't care for it, so never really used it. The TT FRB on the other hand is in my opinion, an excellent piece of kit. The FRB is is constructed from heavy duty Cordura nylon and heavy duty nylon webbing. The bag has YKK zippers with dual pulls. There is a zippered pocket on the top flap, good for protocols, etc. (make sure you drown proof them before putting them in there.) The SF Medics Handbook will NOT fit in the top flap pocket.

There is a pocket on the outside front for trauma scissors. It secures the scissors with an adjustable strap and fastex buckle.

The TT FRB can be worn as a fanny pack, attached to a belt, over a shoulder, or attached to a pack.

The waist strap is long enough to use as a shoulder strap - again closes with a fastex buckle. If you are not going to use it as a shoulder bag, you will need to cut or tape the excess strap - it is LONG.

There are PALs channels on both front and back for additional pouches.

Inside the top flap, there are elastic bands for holding instruments, syringes etc. The main compartment is divided into several areas, again with additional loops for instruments, syringes, etc. The whole set up is well organized and very much to my liking.

The TT FRB will hold as muchas the M3 I think, and has none of the drawbacks. The material is an improvement over the M3, which used to tear frequently. The bag is well made and should hold up well if you take care of it.

But the biggest advantage is that it connects right into a RAID assault pack.

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:36
Here is an open view

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:37
The FRB snaps into the RAID on the top like it was made for it. I like it there. Reminds me of the old M5 sticking out of the top of a large Alice. I ran the waist strap of the FRB around the RAID under the cinches on the RAID. The whole thing seem very secure, but we don't know until we get it in freefall, do we Razor? Good news is, set up this way, the FRB snaps right off for medicking.

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:40
Attached to an Assault Pack. The fastex buckles on the FRB snap right into the RAID.

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:44
Here is a suggested packing list for high threat tactical environments (Thanks TF Kilo):

AIRWAY
Nasopharyngeal Airway w/Surgilube ea 2
Oropharyngeal Airway ea 2
BREATHING
Asherman Chest Seal ea 2
10-13 Gauge Needle Cath 3'' ea 2
CIRCULATION
Emergency Trauma Dressing ea 4
Kerlex 6' ea 4
Tourniquet ea 2
Ace Wrap 6" ea 4
Abdominal Dressing 11 3/4" ea 1
Tape 2" ea 1
Sam Splint ea 2
IV Set Complete x 2
18g catheter 1.25 ea 4
IV Plug ea 4
Extention set Macro Drip ea 4
Alcohol prep pad ea 8
Tegaderm ea 4
Line Backer IV secure device ea 4
Velcro constricting band/Penrose drain ea 4
Normal saline 500 ML ea 2
MISC
Trauma Shears ea 1
ANA Kit ea 1
Sharps Shuttle Container Taped ea 1

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 20:45
In summary - if you're medicking, get this bag. Available in OD, Black and now Tan. With this set up and the HAM med insert inside the assault pack, and maybe the EGL Medic leg rig, you will be a well-equipped medic for insurgencies, guerrilla wars, counter-terrorism ops and any other by invitation-only social events on your calendar.

Do have a very SF day.

The Reaper
01-31-2004, 21:49
NDD:

Excellent pitch!

Thanks for sharing.

TR

Surgicalcric
01-31-2004, 23:21
NDD:

Thanks for the previously provided information on the TTFRB. I am waiting on mine to arrive any day now.

JD

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 00:04
The FRB will not attach as shown on any of the Airborne packs. It will be high front so to speak since the fastex buckles are not part of the shoulder strap system on the RAP and Airborne Raid packs. I will try and get pics of the bag attached to both Leg and Airborne raids posted manana.

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 20:55
Strap design of the Leg Raid,

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 20:56
TTFRB attached to Leg Raid

Wouldnt want to try and go prone with this on.

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 20:57
Strap/buckle setup on the Airborne Raid

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 21:02
TTFRB attached to Airborne Raid

Note: The TTFRB will attach to both Eagle and LBT packs, but not to Blackhawk packs. Blackhawk uses non standard fastex buckes.

NousDefionsDoc
02-01-2004, 21:05
Thanks for the additional photos brother. Your opsec is weak on the next to last one.

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 21:41
Yep its true, My name is lucas, and I live on the 2d floor LOL.

Surgicalcric
02-01-2004, 22:31
I see you have it mounted on the left side of the LEG(can I use that word :D ) bag. Will the TTFRB not mount in the same place as you have it on your ABN RAID, on the bottom front?

Thanks,

JD

Psywar1-0
02-01-2004, 22:48
My original post over at LF I had the bag perm attached to the bottom front, but quit carrying it like that after a couple days. Depending on the make up of the team Im with I either clip it to the top or leave it home.

TF Kilo
02-03-2004, 13:30
It wasn't really designed so much as a replacement for a M3 as a solution for the squad CLS bag being a hooahs nightmare when you had a casualty.. You'd swedish chef medical supplies all over the place trying to get to what you needed because they just had no form or anything.

My preferred method of carry if I am carrying one of those is to actually use the waistband and wear it below my assault pack, or just sling it like a paperboy. Either way allows quick accessibility to the equipment and it's still comfortable.

NousDefionsDoc
05-26-2004, 08:52
I've been using this kit for about a month, daily, in all kinds of weather and for all kinds of support. Excellent kit and I still recommend it.

05-27-2004, 15:28
I see, give credit to the man, not the woman who helped him think of stuff. ;)

No gloves, or don't you worry about that?

NousDefionsDoc
07-25-2004, 10:18
I'm carrying gloves in the Eggroll Med Leg Rig (Mark1 Mod0).

TF Kilo
07-26-2004, 03:56
Wow.. almost posted everything in caps. Formflow be damned.

Dredging up an old post:

This bag was designed from the get-go to attach to the Ranger assault pack. It also attaches handily to the PJ bag that London Bridge also manufactures.

I would typically undo the belt strap as far as I could and simply sling it on my back, or wear it tight around my waist. Even with it worn with a ruck over it, you still could unbuckle it and access everything you would need to patch up your casualty.