PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the meantime/ personal opinions...

Shock
06-21-2010, 19:24
Hello gentlemen,

I have decided to put off enlistment for the better part of a year, due to my past drug abuse / foreign military service it has been recommended to me that I spend time learning and working in the US for several reasons. My question is what do you personally feel would be best to further myself in the special operations community?

There are things that I plan on pursuing for the sole fact that these are things I want to accomplish to further myself as a person. They are:

EMT course and certification,
NASM personal trainer certification,
PADI advance open water/rescue certification,

In addition I am considering continuing college as I have not completed a bachelors degree.

What in your personal opinion would be the best for me to pursue? Including anything that may have been overlooked on the list. I would expect that employment would follow in the same idea as the list to further the experience gained.

This post was not meant to go over if I am eligible for security clearance or not. It was already hinted at by my recruiter that I should lie, which is not a road I am willing to go down. The situation is being dealt with to the best of my ability. I am only looking for advice for the meantime.

much appreciated.

ZonieDiver
06-21-2010, 21:45
You asked for advice, here's mine:

1) I don't see how any of the things you listed would be a great help to your goal.

2) Finish college. Can't hurt.

3) Don't lie. You are often found out. That would be bad.

4) I reviewed all your posts here, and to be totally honest, I really don't see how you could be of use to the "SOP" community.

Good luck...

Richard
06-21-2010, 21:53
Based on your input, my advice is:

Stay clean
Pursue your true talents
Avoid the SOP {sic} community

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Shock
06-22-2010, 06:32
I'm sorry for the typo, those keys are right next to each other. It's been fixed. And I appreciate the advice so far.

blue02hd
06-22-2010, 06:55
Go Navy

Utah Bob
07-01-2010, 15:44
What Richard said.