PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Military Career.

QRQ 30
08-06-2004, 08:34
When and if confronted with attacks on Bush's military career, here are a few facts you may reply with. At the time of Bush's service the ANG had responsibility for air Defense in CONUS. Bush flew F-102's, not an easy or particularly safe task. When the F-102 was replaced Bush no longer had a ride. It takes years, even for experienced pilots, to become qualified in a modern jet aircraft. Even if he were to volunteer for Vietnam he would have done no flying. He would have pushed papers.

Today, the ANG flies significant combat missions in the Middle East. They patrolled the "No Fly Zone". Units are in and out of Shaw AFB in SC continually.

By volunteering to be a Pilot in the ANG Bush in no way avoided danger. Had he served as an admin type it may have been different.

I have had some pretty posh assignments in SF. I also had some pretty hairy ones. I was a three, four or more time voolunteer and took the good with the bad.

Huey14
08-06-2004, 17:36
I thought to be qual'd on a new AC it was the same process as any other type rating?

QRQ 30
08-06-2004, 18:02
I read somewhere that it takes around 2 years to qualify in an F-16. Its not just the flying, it is a transition to fly-b-wire and a myriad of avionics and weapons systems.

In either way I would be upset if I heard someone knocking the Reserve Component if I were in the Guard or Rederves. Rather than defend Bush maybe we ought to defend the Guard.

Bill Harsey
08-06-2004, 18:09
Lately I've been kinda wondering if the job "Commander in Chief" counts. Are there any higher ranks than that?