PDA

View Full Version : for the HALO guys

zoolander6
06-09-2010, 16:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQ1qEh9ar8&feature=player_embedded

FOR THE MODS:

im posting this in the 20th group section, because thats where i am. I didnt see a HALO or off topic section so i apologize in advance.

Irish_Army01
06-09-2010, 16:49
Very Ballsy lol..

JJ_BPK
06-09-2010, 17:54
FF says...

:mad:

tst43
06-10-2010, 12:56
I admire the guy's courage, but man, that looked a little gay.:D

fng13
06-10-2010, 15:50
I admire the guy's courage, but man, that looked a little gay.:D

I think that sums that up pretty well. Ofcourse as with all mtv stunt reality shows I wonder how much cocaine he just did off camera.

Green Light
06-10-2010, 19:27
This MFF JM says:

IDIOT!

BTW, the pilot in command cannot allow anyone to exit an aircraft without being attached to a parachute. I'm not sure what all the FAA can do to any of the blisterheads, but it can at the very least pull the license of the pilot. They'd probably descend on the drop zone operator and go through all of the maintenance records, etc. It's easy to find a violation. Then they shut them down for good.

I wonder what they would have done with the video if the guy bounced?

JJ_BPK
06-10-2010, 19:43
This MFF JM says:

Bounce?

Or maybe just splat..

Like a bug on the windshield...

Dozer523
06-10-2010, 19:58
I wonder what they would have done with the video if the guy bounced? It would have been auctioned at Christie's . . . . and the bidding would have been brisk.

Ambush Master
06-10-2010, 20:03
This MFF JM says:

IDIOT!

BTW, the pilot in command cannot allow anyone to exit an aircraft without being attached to a parachute. I'm not sure what all the FAA can do to any of the blisterheads, but it can at the very least pull the license of the pilot. They'd probably descend on the drop zone operator and go through all of the maintenance records, etc. It's easy to find a violation. Then they shut them down for good.

You can bet that it was done "Off-Shore" and where the "Regs" do not prohibit this!!!

Later
Martin

Papa Zero Three
06-10-2010, 20:18
You can bet that it was done "Off-Shore" and where the "Regs" do not prohibit this!!!

Later
Martin

No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico. Subsequently, it still falls under the FAA and as such Travis Pastrana's membership with the United States Parachute Association (USPA) has been revoked. I am unaware of the FAAs response to the event as I do not know if it was brought to their attention or if the pilot could be identified.

Travis might be "the Man" in the motor cross world and on Nitro circus but this event,while well planned out from what has been told about the events/preparation leading up to the stunt, did nothing but shed a bad light on the rest of the skydiving world in the eyes of the FAA and the general public.

It was a dumb stunt done simply to promote one of his sponsors (Red Bull) without regards to the laws and the negative light it would bring on the sport of skydiving and skydiving operations.

BLUF: Travis Pastrana is an ass clown.

fng13
06-11-2010, 06:49
No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico. Subsequently, it still falls under the FAA and as such Travis Pastrana's membership with the United States Parachute Association (USPA) has been revoked. I am unaware of the FAAs response to the event as I do not know if it was brought to their attention or if the pilot could be identified.

Travis might be "the Man" in the motor cross world and on Nitro circus but this event,while well planned out from what has been told about the events/preparation leading up to the stunt, did nothing but shed a bad light on the rest of the skydiving world in the eyes of the FAA and the general public.

It was a dumb stunt done simply to promote one of his sponsors (Red Bull) without regards to the laws and the negative light it would bring on the sport of skydiving and skydiving operations.

BLUF: Travis Pastrana is an ass clown.

He also clearly litters. Just saying.

Smokin Joe
06-15-2010, 10:45

Later
Martin

AM,

I don't know? These guys do some seriously stupid shit CONUS. I have seen a few videos of them base jumping at the PALMS in Vegas and this is the second or third video I have seen by him or his crew doing jumps very similar to this.

I remember my Dad used to say. "Son, there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots" I'm thinking that although these guys are good, they are stupid and someone at some point is going to die with the stuff they pull.

Just my .02 cents

koz
06-15-2010, 11:27
I think AM is saying they probably were CONUS but when they were reported, the pilot probably said they weren't in the US - otherwise he would have had his license pulled. Pastrana was kicked out of the USPA for this stunt. FAA regs prohibit a pilot allowing an intentional jump without TSO'd equipment.

Many of the BASE jumps these guys do are legal as the owner of the buildings have given permission for them to jump and "ensured" that the area below was clear as not to endanger anyone.

mojaveman
06-15-2010, 11:54
Do you think that they practiced the link-up in a wind tunnel a few times before trying this?

Seems the crazy ones always provide for good entertainment...

Counsel
06-15-2010, 12:18
No, this act of stupidity was done in Puerto Rico.

Damn. Why is it that everytime it looks like PR is always in the middle of some shit? :mad:

It has to be the heat!