PDA

View Full Version : New Florida Benefit

ODA CDR (RET)
06-05-2010, 07:20
Passed on Memorial Day.

Effective July 1, 2010 Florida’s state parks will provide discounts on or free Annual Entrance Passes to those who currently serve or have served in the United States military branches, veterans with service related disabilities and surviving spouses of members of the US military who have fallen in combat.

The discounted Florida State Parks Annual Entrance Pass is only available for purchase at any Florida State Park staffed ranger station. The free annual pass can only be obtained at a staffed ranger station. View list of staffed ranger stations.

Effective July 1, 2010 the Florida Park Service shall provide discounts on the purchase of Annual Entrance Passes to persons who present satisfactory written documentation which demonstrates their eligibility:

25% discount on Annual Entrance Passes for active duty and honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or reserve units of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who present proof of eligibility.

Satisfactory written documentation to prove eligibility includes:

Current military identification card showing the bearer as active duty, reserve or retired member of a branch of the Department of Defense, or
Personal identification (i.e.: driver license) and
Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the named individual’s Character of Service as Honorable, or
Other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, or one of its branches, naming the bearer as active duty, reserve, veteran or retired military.
Free for Life Family Annual Entrance Passes for honorably discharged United States veterans who have service-connected disabilities.

Satisfactory written documentation to prove eligibility includes:

Most recent DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the named individual’s Character of Service as Honorable, or
Other current official documentation from the Department of Defense, or one of its branches, naming the bearer as veteran, or retired military, and
Current official documentation from the Department of Defense, or one of its branches, naming the bearer as having sustained a service-related disability.
Free for Life Family Annual Entrance Passes for surviving spouses of deceased members of the United States Armed Forces, National Guard or reserve units of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who have fallen in combat.

Proof of spouse having fallen in combat and proof of spousal relationship are required.

The final DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, showing the date of death as the same date as the date of separation, and,
Marriage certificate or license, or death certificate showing the bearer as the spouse of the military member who has fallen in combat.

JJ_BPK
06-05-2010, 09:34
This is a very good opportunity for those that have served.

:D:lifter:D:lifter

Thanks for posting..

Utah Bob
06-05-2010, 10:13
I worked for the Florida Park Service for many years. Glad to see them doing this!:cool:

echoes
06-05-2010, 13:43
The challenge has been thrown down, and it is way past time that the other States with Parks follow suit, IMHO!!! :munchin

http://www.stateparks.com/usa.html

Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • District of Columbia • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming

Holly

alright4u
06-06-2010, 02:07
I worked for the Florida Park Service for many years. Glad to see them doing this!:cool:

TN has military rates at all state parks. We are talking about some great condo type homes for about 70 bucks.

TN also offers free hunting and fishing licenses for all Vets rated 30% or more. Add no property taxes for 100% permanent and total disabled Vets. The TN Dept of Vet Affairs has gone out of it's way to help my wife when she fought grade IV cancer to present. I feel blessed and am grateful.

Note: The Guard members get a great rate, too. Hell, they serve our state.