PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

Stingray
06-02-2010, 04:01
As Memorial Day passed I was remembering a couple conversations I had with my former high school football coach. He was a Ranger with multiple tours in Vietnam. I didn't realize it at the time but I was getting stories from a man who lived the history many of us only get to read about. I was fortunate to have the time after graduation to know him differently and hear those stories. It saddens me that many of those stories go untold and go to grave with these soldiers. A piece of history witnessed from a point of view only that particular soldier has is gone. I can only imagine how many great stories about moments that are important to each individual for different reasons are out there untold.

With that in mind, my request to the forum is to share. Share with those of us outside your close knit group that may never hear about the times you guys have had. I, as well as many others I am sure, would love to hear any stories that are special to you that you are willing (and able) to share.

Thank you to each Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine on this forum for your service.

Sincerely,