PDA

View Full Version : 19th SFG WA/CA/CO

TCTAC
05-30-2010, 22:44
Currently deployed as a contractor overseas and have been trying to contact the recruiters at the individual units as posted in the contact section. I understand a phone call is the better way to get information, but time zones and phone availability make it a little difficult.

If anybody could PM me about any alternate ways to contact the recruiters at the WA/CA/CO units, I would greatly appreciate it.

As my bio says, recent USAF JTAC with ABN and SOF experience. Actively looking for guard units with opening for a tryout. WA state resident currently, but most 19th group locations work for me.

Thank you, and I will keep the regular phone contact up in the meantime.

Scimitar
05-31-2010, 01:33
Currently deployed as a contractor overseas and have been trying to contact the recruiters at the individual units as posted in the contact section. I understand a phone call is the better way to get information, but time zones and phone availability make it a little difficult.

If anybody could PM me about any alternate ways to contact the recruiters at the WA/CA/CO units, I would greatly appreciate it.

As my bio says, recent USAF JTAC with ABN and SOF experience. Actively looking for guard units with opening for a tryout. WA state resident currently, but most 19th group locations work for me.

Thank you, and I will keep the regular phone contact up in the meantime.

I recommend going through the new guy who's taken over from Gregory as lead tabbed recruiter for 19th group HQ is based out of Utah. You can enlist in thru 19th-HQ UT-ARNG and then pretty much go to any 19th group unit upon graduation.

CA, WA, TX, UT, CO, OH, WV, RI, (AZ - That one's for you TS) :munchin :cool:

I haven’t got the new guys email, and can't remember his name off hand, but can get it off of him Tuesday probably and with his permission PM it to you.

Any help?

Scimitar

TCTAC
05-31-2010, 03:06
Thanks Scimitar...I would greatly appreciate any info you have available.

You may have helped answer a big question I had, and that was which units required you to be a resident of their state in order to tryout?

I will standby for your PM next week and get in contact with the HQ recruiters, and go from there.

Thank you again.

-TC

Scimitar
05-31-2010, 10:25
Apparently it’s very common across the board for large percentage of the NG SF units to have out of state members. Ohio's B-2-19th has a guy who fly’s in from Vietnam for drill! Is that out of state enough for ya. :cool:

Also most NG SF units allow split training, where you can defer drill for up to three months. This helps with busy schedules or long plane rides from the Left Coast and some units may allow you to undertake short contracts with this split training program. I believe to defer over three months it goes beyond the unit and up to the State NG level which becomes less flexible.

If it’s any easier I can put you in direct contact with the Ops Sergeant for Ohio's B-2 19th. They have a great recruiting team there, I worked with them remotely while overseas to reenlist myself, and I know firsthand they can work with you remotely as well?

I will PM you Ohio’s details now, and if Sergeant ***** can’t help just ask me for 19th HQ. ****’s address is a yahoo address for the sake of PerSec. Let me know how it goes.

Stay safe

Scimitar

18C4V
05-31-2010, 10:54
First of all, Scimitar stay in your lane in your knowledge and information.

Most units do allow what you call split training BUT that's only for SF qualified soldiers. Our company allows that, but in addition it's only for experienced SF soldiers. Our current policy is if you do split training, you'll be put on a ODA that does very little training and you'll be on the bottom of the OML list for schools.

TCTAC,
What state do you plan on coming back to? My two cents will be go to the unit that's closest to you. For example, if you go to CA, you'll have to pass our tryouts and explain yourself to our oral board and justify why we should take you as a commuter.

I've only allowed one commuter from the last two North SFRE tryouts come to our unit and that was based upon his prior military and civilian experience.

As a Non Qual , you'll be expected to pay your dues and attend every drill. Most non quals will be training for SFAS, and pulling back side support for the ODA's.

What we're looking for is guys who want to stay in the unit. We do understand guys who want to go AD or change jobs, but having a filter helps us maintain longevity and allows the ODA leadership to plan for good quality training.

You figure out where you want to go and let me know. CO is my Bn and I got contacts there. WA, one of the AGR's used to be my Jr 18E on my ODA, and CA is my company.

HTH

TCTAC
05-31-2010, 22:46
18C4V-

Good questions and information. I am going to PM you with a little more background. In short, my current situation allows me some options on where I join/participate. Not planning on half-assing my participation in any way.

-TC

abc_123
06-01-2010, 10:15
.. if you go to CA, you'll have to pass our tryouts and explain yourself to our oral board and justify why we should take you as a commuter.

I've only allowed one commuter from the last two North SFRE tryouts come to our unit and that was based upon his prior military and civilian experience.

What do you mean by "commuter"... Someone who lives in another state?

18C4V
06-01-2010, 10:18
What do you mean by "commuter"... Someone who lives in another state?

Yes, commuters from another state.

abc_123
06-01-2010, 10:43
Yes, commuters from another state.

Interesting.

Didn't know that not residing in the state was a discrimminator.

18C4V
06-01-2010, 10:54
Interesting.

Didn't know that not residing in the state was a discrimminator.

It's not. Everyone has to meet the same standards as everyone else. Remember I'm talking about non quals here.

abc_123
06-01-2010, 11:29
PM sent.

g2001
09-18-2010, 02:26
18C4V- I have been looking for an email POC for someone from the 19th group in washington. I should be demobing in FT Lewis in a few months and I would like to email a recruiter there and ask them a few questions. I have tried calling without success.

18C4V
09-18-2010, 10:38
18C4V- I have been looking for an email POC for someone from the 19th group in washington. I should be demobing in FT Lewis in a few months and I would like to email a recruiter there and ask them a few questions. I have tried calling without success.

Can you read? Or did you deliberlately choose to ignore the rules of this site?

The Reaper
09-18-2010, 11:30

I can certainly see why, given your lack of interest in reading the rules and stickies before posting.

TR

wet dog
09-19-2010, 22:43
Who can say how these things are really started?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12492861&autostart=y