PDA

View Full Version : Swift boat vets against Kerry

rubberneck
08-04-2004, 19:01
This one is going to leave a mark. I guess some of the guys that served with Kerry think he isn't fit for command.

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video_wmv.html

Team Sergeant
08-04-2004, 19:24
Great post rubberneck.

Greenhat, is there a military bulletin board on the internet you do not belong to?

TS

Gypsy
08-04-2004, 20:02
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough is discussing this book right now (9pm CST)

Team Sergeant
08-04-2004, 20:12
I can no longer access the website, something is wrong on their end.

TS

Gypsy
08-04-2004, 20:14
TS, I just accessed it again, perhaps the trouble is on your end?

ghuinness
08-04-2004, 20:16
You can also access the base site:

http://www.swiftvets.com/

A lot more information on this site as well.

Ambush Master
08-04-2004, 21:10
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
I can no longer access the website, something is wrong on their end.

TS

TS,
I think that you have some issues with your end. Ref. our talk this evening !! I had no trouble accessing the link above and I'm on a "Dial-up" !! Something is "wicky" with your hook-up/set-up !!

Will contact ya tomorrow !!

Later
Martin

Bill Harsey
08-05-2004, 11:18
Mr. Rush Limbaugh is still going on about this as I type.

NousDefionsDoc
08-05-2004, 17:55
The reply (http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/DemsResponsetoVetsAd_800-1.gif)

LOL - gettin' hot in the Kerry Camp.

Sweetbriar
08-05-2004, 18:00
If that fax is legit it's the worst move they could have made. IMO.

Ambush Master
08-05-2004, 19:06
On the way home, Sean Hannity had the Retired Admiral that Kerry served under and the Swiftboat Captain of the Swiftboat that he "Med-evac'ed" on out to the Coastguard Ship for the "Rice" that was blown into his ass when he threw a concussion grenade into a san pan carrying the Rice !!! These guys have virtually every other Swiftboat Officer that Kerry served with on their side !! This is going to really tear them up !!!

Roguish Lawyer
08-05-2004, 19:12
This is such a pleasure. :D

QRQ 30
08-05-2004, 19:56
I am no Kerry fan but I'm not sure I buy the "M-79" story. That round is spin armed at a "safe" distance and the chances of hitting a rock on shore and taking a frag on the boat are very slim. It can happen but not very likely. I do have scars on my arm from an M-33 grenade I didn't throw far enough. :o

brownapple
08-06-2004, 07:56
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Great post rubberneck.

Greenhat, is there a military bulletin board on the internet you do not belong to?

TS

Don't belong to paratroopers.net or trackpads. I'm sure there are others, but those are the only two that come to mind. :D

Gypsy
08-06-2004, 08:18
The irony absolutely stuns me...

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/august/0806_dems_threaten_networks.shtml

Democrats Threaten Networks Over Anti-Kerry Ads
By Jeff Gannon
Talon News
August 6, 2004

WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- The Democratic National Committee quickly responded to ads that began airing this week which question Sen. John Kerry's (D-MA) military record. Lawyers for the DNC and the Kerry campaign sent a letter to station managers across the country advising them that their stations could be held "responsible for the false and libelous charges" made in the ads.

Several members of over 250 Vietnam veterans who make up a group known as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (web site) appear in the ad, claiming that Kerry lied about certain aspects of his four months of combat duty. One of the veterans in the ad says that Kerry didn't deserve one of the three Purple Hearts that enabled him to return early to the United States.

Many of the group were wounded in combat or are highly decorated veterans themselves. They are resisting the attempt by Democrats to suppress their side of the story.

Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann (ret.), founder and chairman of the organization, said, "We purchased with our blood and service the right to be heard, to set the record straight about our unit, and to tell the truth about John Kerry's military service record."

The ad campaign comes in advance of the August 15 release of a book written by another member of the group, John O'Neill. His book, "Unfit for Command," argues that Kerry's conduct in Vietnam as well as his anti-war activities following his early out disqualify him from being commander-in-chief. O'Neill debated Kerry on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 about the Vietnam War.

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, told the Associated Press that he thought the ads went too far.

Hoffmann responded, "We respect Sen. McCain's right to express his opinion and we hope he extends to us the same respect and courtesy, particularly since we served with John Kerry, we knew him well, and Senator McCain did not."

Still, the Arizona Republican urged the White House to disavow the ads that he called "dishonest and dishonorable." But McCain had harsh words for his future senate colleague in 1973 when he wrote an article for the U.S. News & World Report. McCain said that the communist captors who held him at the infamous Hanoi Hilton for five years tried to demoralize him with the public statements of Kerry and other Democrats including Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA) who talked of war crimes committed by U.S. soldiers.

McCain said, "All through this period [they] were bombarding us with anti-war quotes from people in high places back in Washington. This was the most effective propaganda they had to use against us."

The White House denied any involvement in the ad or the 527 group that produced it.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said, "We have not and we will not question Senator Kerry's service in Vietnam."

"The president has been on the receiving end of more than $62 million in negative attacks from shadowy groups," McClellan added. "The president is calling for an immediate cessation to all the unregulated soft money activity."

McClellan was referring to the ads from 527 groups like MoveOn.org that have waged a brutal and relentless anti-Bush campaign for nearly a year. Billionaire financier George Soros has contributed $15 million to these groups for the specific purpose of driving Bush from the White House.

He said, "I think that this is another example of the problem with the unregulated soft money activity that is going on. The president thought he got rid of this kind of unregulated soft money when he signed the bipartisan campaign finance reforms into law."

But the Federal Election Commission failed to deal with the loophole in the law when it had the opportunity earlier this year. Vice chairman Ellen Weintraub, a former Democratic counsel to the House Ethics Committee who was chosen for the commission by Sen. Tom Daschle (D-SD), recommended against taking action before the November election. The FEC's inaction led to massive amounts of "soft money" flowing into the 527 groups that are virtually unregulated.

This is the first legal action suggested from either party in regard to statements made by 527s. Earlier this year, the MoveOn.org web site featured a commercial where Adolf Hitler morphs into President Bush. The Republican National Committee complained about the ad, but no legal action was taken.

A copy of the DNC letter to station managers can be found at Human Events Online (web site).

Additional information about Kerry's anti-war activities can be found at WinterSoldier.com (web site).

Bill Harsey
08-06-2004, 08:48
Mr. Tim Russert spoke briefly on this topic this morning for NBC's morning news show. He called it something like "a heavy blow" to the Kerry campaign. He wasn't smiling very much either.

NousDefionsDoc
08-09-2004, 10:13
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20040809.shtml

The Reaper
08-09-2004, 10:55
The Dems' talking heads are all saying that this is a pack of lies and is a smear campaign by the Republicans and the Pres, demanding that they do something about the ads.

Last time I checked, Kerry's CO, his fellow Swift Boat COs, and his Doc were making these statements about factual matters they had personal knowledge of. Not sure how the Dems can say they were lying, the facts pretty much speak for themselves.

As far as a smear campaign, when moveon.org was comparing the Pres to Hitler, the Dems were saying that was an independent organization they had no control of. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander, IMHO, you can't have it both ways.

Frankly, Kerry's military record is nothing to run on and appears to be self-aggrandizing.

Where were they when it was a decorated, disabled vet running against a draft-dodger who stated that he "loathed the military"? This AQ campaign started on his watch.

Guess strong military credentials weren't important when their candidate was a coward.

TR

Bravo1-3
08-09-2004, 11:21
Sir, respectfully, you should KNOW by now that the current crop of Democrats don't have to be consistant, nor do they have to practice what they preach.

rubberneck
08-09-2004, 16:11
Where were they when it was a decorated, disabled vet running against a draft-dodger who stated that he "loathed the military"? This AQ campaign started on his watch.

It is funny you mention Clinton because during the campaign in 1992 John Kerry went on record saying that Bush Sr's military record wasn't relevant to the election. Know when the shoe is on the other foot it is all important. If it weren't for Fox, the Wall Street Journal, the National Review and talk radio the Democrats would be free to lie their asses off and never have to be held to account.

Adam White
08-09-2004, 20:24
The Swift Boat Veteran organization has posted their response to the threats form the DNC:

http://www.swiftvets.com/article.php?story=20040808144320243

Gypsy
08-09-2004, 21:01
Thanks Adam, this is a truly powerful response.

Bill Harsey
08-10-2004, 08:33
Good job Adam, Haven't seen that reported on the broadcast media. If Kerry was a Republican running for Pres, the media would have already "blown him out of the water" using the story you linked. It would be the end of the campaign and we'd be watching psychological experts being interviewed as expert witness's on the Sunday morning talk shows about Kerry's behavoir disorders.

Bill Harsey
08-10-2004, 08:38
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertnovak/rn20040809.shtml Thanks NDD, This one didn't make my broadcast media either. I wonder if we can charge the media with both negligence and conspiracy...a crime punishable by our not buying their services.

The Reaper
08-10-2004, 11:00
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Thanks NDD, This one didn't make my broadcast media either. I wonder if we can charge the media with both negligence and conspiracy...a crime punishable by our not buying their services.

Mr. Harsey:

A minor point. You don't buy broadcast services, you buy products that are advertised on them.

You don't like the reporting, note who their advertisers are, and write a note, cc to the station telling them of your concerns and its possible impact on your future buying decisions.

The media can gripe about it, but you are merely exercising your First Amendment rights and freedom of choice.

Less viewership equals reduced ad revenue equals lower budgets and personnel changes at the station.

Just my .02.

TR

Bill Harsey
08-10-2004, 12:46
Originally posted by The Reaper
Mr. Harsey:

A minor point. You don't buy broadcast services, you buy products that are advertised on them.

You don't like the reporting, note who their advertisers are, and write a note, cc to the station telling them of your concerns and its possible impact on your future buying decisions.

The media can gripe about it, but you are merely exercising your First Amendment rights and freedom of choice.

Less viewership equals reduced ad revenue equals lower budgets and personnel changes at the station.

Just my .02.

TR Sir Reaper, Point well taken. I like the idea if writing notes, all products and services advertised on tv should have websites listing the contacts back at corporate. (ps, computer back up and running after two power outages in a row, just bought a brandnew backup BATTERYpack/powersource, good for one hour after the power goes off, for the computer and put in a new ethernet card to replace the one that got fried)

ghuinness
08-25-2004, 19:04
POW's Join Swift Boat Vets (http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video2.html)

Documentary to follow: link (http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40129)

Bill Harsey
08-25-2004, 19:12
The snowball keeps rolling down the hill...

Bill Harsey
08-25-2004, 19:15
Sorry, forgot, GOOD JOB Guinness!!!

Gypsy
08-25-2004, 19:25
...and is getting larger

Bravo1-3
08-25-2004, 19:36
And hopefully, it'll run that bastard right the hell over!

Gypsy
08-25-2004, 19:37
Can you say Avalanche? :D

Bill Harsey
08-25-2004, 19:51
Originally posted by Gypsy
Can you say Avalanche? :D Yes I can!

Gypsy
08-25-2004, 20:09
Let's say it all together now!

Razor
08-25-2004, 20:15