PDA

View Full Version : Misspelled SF tattoo

ThatDudeOrion
05-28-2010, 13:28
A buddy found this picture on Facebook and called me over to check out this "cool tat" and I noticed it didn't look right. The Facebook page belongs to the owner of this ink and he is a Soldier, but I don't think he's SF (as if a QP would misspell his own crest) Thought you folks might like to see this, I guess he's planning on teaching the opressed to read?

Mike
05-28-2010, 14:53
Very candelstein.

Eagle5US
05-28-2010, 16:06
"OPPRESSO" is also missing a "P".

If he isn't a QP, then it would be a TRIPLE fail.

Stong work!!!:lifter

Eagle

18DWife
05-28-2010, 16:15
I **think** I have seen this dude on Myspace a couple yrs ago ,he was a poser .

I wish I still had that link ...hmmmmm :confused:

Utah Bob
05-28-2010, 17:11
Hilarious!
I wonder if he was on a dessert team?
Some Green Berrys can't spell.

You should also be careful of getting tattoos in a foreign country while drunk.:D

mark46th
05-28-2010, 17:30
Maybe he was on a SKUBBA team and HILO qualifoed...

SOT-Aj KIA 4th July 2010
05-28-2010, 21:41
Just Lol.

Green Light
05-29-2010, 06:44
Opresso Libre is the younger brother of Nacho Libre. (Queue Telemundo Announcer) ¡El Luchador primero del todo el mundo! Also the cousin of Cuba Libre, the nemesis of untold numbers of SF soldiers. :D

Green Light
05-29-2010, 07:46
There is an SF coin that does use the spelling "opresso". CSM Jeff R still laughs about this. Doubt if he was in this unit.

x SF med
05-29-2010, 10:47
Dude must be a combat Libriarian... Libre is "book"... but Librarians generally proofread... must have been a recycle.

Team Sergeant
05-30-2010, 08:53
A buddy found this picture on Facebook and called me over to check out this "cool tat" and I noticed it didn't look right. The Facebook page belongs to the owner of this ink and he is a Soldier, but I don't think he's SF (as if a QP would misspell his own crest) Thought you folks might like to see this, I guess he's planning on teaching the opressed to read?

That is funny as hell.......

alright4u
05-30-2010, 11:16
Dude must be a combat Libriarian... Libre is "book"... but Librarians generally proofread... must have been a recycle.

We can laugh at this clown, but; I wonder if the VA pays him?

Cool Breeze
06-30-2010, 10:53
Honestly though, if he is a poser, f--k him in the heart with a spork. I was part of a group of special ops vets (was the only SF, the others were ex-seals), who got f'd over by a fake seal.
Hate that mother f'r and all the posers out there. My first team sgt was telling me that there are a bunch of poser POWs out there who are collecting VA benes.
wonder what Nick Rowe would have to say about that???:boohoo

ODA572
06-30-2010, 12:37
http://www.groups.sfahq.com/

Anybody heard of these guys? Just kidding.

They seem to like the "libre" version too.

Dominus_Potior
06-30-2010, 13:15
http://www.groups.sfahq.com/

Anybody heard of these guys? Just kidding.

They seem to like the "libre" version too.

I love how they have the spinning crest at the top with "liber" spelled correct though. Strange....:confused:

Irish_Army01
06-30-2010, 14:20
Opresso Libre is the younger brother of Nacho Libre. (Queue Telemundo Announcer) ¡El Luchador primero del todo el mundo! Also the cousin of Cuba Libre, the nemesis of untold numbers of SF soldiers. :D

ROTFFLMAO!!:D

Bennett
07-01-2010, 10:47
There was an 18B in B/3/10 that had a forearm tat with Oppresso spelt with one p, but he was up front about and showed off his f**k up to everyone, not that he could hide it. We bought some hats from the Vegas Convention last summer to sell from our chapter QM, yesterday my son was wearing one and noticed that they had misspelled DOL, it read de oppresso uber? We never noticed.

mcarey
07-02-2010, 08:27
De Expresso Liber! - LOL - I blew mountain dew out my nose reading this thread. Thanks:D

rdret1
07-05-2010, 18:01
I love how they have the spinning crest at the top with "liber" spelled correct though. Strange....:confused:

Hey, some of us are a little dislesic , disleksic, dyslexic at times.

USMC_Anaconda
08-10-2010, 17:22
isnt the term 'Special Forces Tattoo' a bit of an oxymoron?? Doesn't it defeat the 'clandestine' purpose?

Snaquebite
08-10-2010, 17:28
USMC Anaconda

GO back and follow the instructions you received when you signed up here. DO NOT post again until those instructions are completed.

ZonieDiver
08-10-2010, 19:24
isnt the term 'Special Forces Tattoo' a bit of an oxymoron?? Doesn't it defeat the 'clandestine' purpose?

Not, it would seem, with the amount of tatt-wearing posers out there. It may soon be the case that IF you want someone to think that you AREN'T in SF, you will have to have an SF tattoo - preferably misspelled! :D

Dozer523
08-10-2010, 19:28
De Expresso Liber! - LOL I dibs that! My coffee shop on Yadkin Road.

lksteve
08-10-2010, 21:24
I dibs that! My coffee shop on Yadkin Road.I believe that would be espresso...

MVP
08-11-2010, 08:52
We took a QP from another Group on a USEUCOM RST mission that had tats from shoulder to wrist on both arms. During the day he looked pretty good in a suit. Back at the hotel on the first night in country he hit the bar in a t-shirt, one sleeve rolled up to hold a pack of cigarrettes. Really brought home the expression "you can dress em up but you can't take em out". So much for being a chameleon. Thinking back on that trip I remember that the RST member that was paired with him as a trainer had to remove him from an area and group of people to counsel him on the proper language to use in that environment...

SS

wet dog
08-11-2010, 09:48
Thinking back on that trip I remember that the RST member that was paired with him as a trainer had to remove him from an area and group of people to counsel him on the proper language to use in that environment... SS

I find the lack of civility these days a bit annoying, language, proper dress or respect for elders, women and small children. The only time I ever heard my father cuss was when a hammer landed on his thumb, but he first looked around to see if my mother was within ear shot.

WD

Dozer523
08-11-2010, 11:20
I believe that would be espresso... Oh . . . right. this guy can mess up "De Oppresso Liber" and it's all "haha, hee he"
But, I goof up a cupa coffee . . . :rolleyes:
The only time I ever heard my father cuss was when a hammer landed on his thumb, but he first looked around to see if my mother was within ear shot. WD I was 35 playing golf with my Dad when I first heard him say F. . .
That was funny!

greenberetTFS
08-11-2010, 11:39
Not, it would seem, with the amount of tatt-wearing posers out there. It may soon be the case that IF you want someone to think that you AREN'T in SF, you will have to have an SF tattoo - preferably misspelled! :D

I concur!.............;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Thomas Paine
08-11-2010, 14:37
I was 35 playing golf with my Dad when I first heard him say F. . .
That was funny!

This was good for some laughs:
http://www.amazon.com/Sh-t-My-Dad-Says/dp/0061992704

Utah Bob
08-12-2010, 13:30
I believe that would be espresso...

Actually either expresso or espresso are used according to Wikipedia. And they're never wrong!:D

I believe De Expresso Liber translates as "Turn loose of my coffee".
It is frequently followed with the Latin for You Asshole but I don't recall what that is.

lksteve
08-12-2010, 14:04
I believe De Expresso Liber translates as "Turn loose of my coffee".Thusly, De Expresso Libre translates to Cliff's Notes.

Utah Bob
08-12-2010, 15:57
Thusly, De Expresso Libre translates to Cliff's Notes.

Bingo.:D

GSquared
08-16-2010, 13:10
The tattoo in the original post screams "Quiet Professional".

I went to Sharky's here in Fayetteville and ran into a bunch of team guys wearing matching ODA hats. More quiet professionals. I don't get what's up with that.

As for people that go and get misspelled special forces tattoos, they deserve that shit and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Fuck them.

Bennett
08-16-2010, 13:46
It's a team thing you may not understand. Quiet Professional does not always mean silent. There have been Team T-shirts (in Tölz it was the black Junker Schule)/Patches /Hats/Coins and everything in between for as long as I can remember in 10th Group going back to 1984 and yet when we were in Ft Devens you could go out into the hinter land (Boston and Harvard and Leominster) and no one knew a thing about us. Here in the Springs it’s just about the same. As for the tattoos, well I’ve seen some great ones and like mine they were added after the game was over, sort of a memento to a great time. I have an edelweiss on a dagger with three lightning bolts on my left shoulder and a Trojan Horse framed with a Nous Defions skull on the bottom on my right, oh ya with DOL spelled correctly. No one outside has a clue as to their meaning, just the boys. Questions?

greenberetTFS
08-16-2010, 15:18
The tattoo in the original post screams "Quiet Professional".

I went to Sharky's here in Fayetteville and ran into a bunch of team guys wearing matching ODA hats. More quiet professionals. I don't get what's up with that.

As for people that go and get misspelled special forces tattoos, they deserve that shit and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Fuck them.

Those are very strong words "young tiger",rather interesting how you've entered into our forum!................:confused:

GSquared
08-16-2010, 15:33
It's a team thing you may not understand. Quiet Professional does not always mean silent. There have been Team T-shirts (in Tölz it was the black Junker Schule)/Patches /Hats/Coins and everything in between for as long as I can remember in 10th Group going back to 1984 and yet when we were in Ft Devens you could go out into the hinter land (Boston and Harvard and Leominster) and no one knew a thing about us. Here in the Springs it’s just about the same. As for the tattoos, well I’ve seen some great ones and like mine they were added after the game was over, sort of a memento to a great time. I have an edelweiss on a dagger with three lightning bolts on my left shoulder and a Trojan Horse framed with a Nous Defions skull on the bottom on my right, oh ya with DOL spelled correctly. No one outside has a clue as to their meaning, just the boys. Questions?

Sir,

I totally understand the esprit de corps of team shirts/hats/etc. I was merely referring to these guys who are going around acting like idiots at the strip clubs/bars/etc with team stuff on. I have a few coins, hats, and t-shirts myself. I just feel that if I wear something like that around, I need to act in a way as to bring credit to those I have served/am serving with.

I agree that guys who are out should be able to express themselves however they feel, they've earned that right. I've served with amazing people so far in my short time, and I appreciate being able to say I have, it just bugs me when people act like idiots when they're representing. That's just me though, and I really have no say in how grown ass men conduct themselves.

Much respect for your service. No disrespect meant by my post.

GSquared
08-16-2010, 15:35
Those are very strong words "young tiger",rather interesting how you've entered into our forum!................:confused:

Again, no disrespect meant by my post. Just an observation and my opinion.

Bennett
08-16-2010, 16:30
None taken, as the saying goes "You can choose your friends but you can't choose your team mates". I've been lucky to have served with some great guys and there have been those who I would go to war with but wouldn't hang out with. It takes all kinds to make this a great unit, if we were all the same it would be boring, personalities make the team as much as skill sets.

GSquared
08-16-2010, 18:48
None taken, as the saying goes "You can choose your friends but you can't choose your team mates". I've been lucky to have served with some great guys and there have been those who I would go to war with but wouldn't hang out with. It takes all kinds to make this a great unit, if we were all the same it would be boring, personalities make the team as much as skill sets.

Agreed. I've made tons of friends that I wouldn't have made otherwise unless we were in the same unit. Guys I have nothing in common, but who I'd die for. I'm going to mind my P's and Q's here, I know my place here, being a support guy and show my huge amount of respect respect for the team guys around here.

I feel as if I've overstepped my bounds and will watch it here.

Masochist
11-22-2010, 18:40
To Oppress the Extremely Free?

rdret1
11-22-2010, 21:03
Masochist, where did those come from?

Masochist
11-22-2010, 21:22
Masochist, where did those come from?

On eBay. Someone selling militaria had those in their store. I immediately thought of this post when I saw them.

Flashbang12
11-27-2010, 04:23
thats awesome