Utah Bob
05-25-2010, 18:02
Screw him. It's not his to use.

Five-O
05-25-2010, 18:20
We are a Nation without a leader.

Peregrino
05-25-2010, 18:55
I am utterly indifferent to where or how BHO spends Memorial Day given that I've never looked to him for leadership (or anything else for that matter). I will gather with peers at the USASFC(A) ceremony and render honor to our fallen as befits their memory. Then I will pray that our country is not judged as wanting as its leadership in the light of their sacrifice.

Box
05-25-2010, 19:09
If my family had earned a "Gold Star" during one my trips overseas, I doubt they would be interested in the 'Gold Star Families' breakfast event at the White House anyway...

...have a good weekend with your loved ones Mr President, stay as long as you like. We will do our best to celebrate our fallen brothers in your absence.

PSM
05-25-2010, 19:17
We are a Nation without a leader.

We're supposed to be a nation that doesn't have leaders. He's supposed to be an administrator and the Congress are supposed to be representatives.

Using "leaders" and "lawmakers" is Newspeak.

Pat

Tatonka316
05-25-2010, 19:22
I will be at Arlington, with my memories of my son and all our brothers that have given ALL for the warrior next to them. I am actually glad I will not have to see him in such a place of honor for I do not know how I would react - probably not well!!!

Thank you to ALL on PS.com for ALL you have ment to me over these past years. You are truly my source of strength and getting to know so many of you has done so much to help heal the hole in my heart. I love you all!!!

molon labe

Richard
05-25-2010, 20:13
We will gather at the DFW National Cemetery to remember and honor our comrades who reside there in eternal rest - and then gather to eat, drink, and...errr...ummmm...truthfully remember events long past and of people now gone. ;)

As for the POTUS (see attchd)...we'll sing a 'him' in his honor - "Him...him...#*%# him!"

Richard's $.02 :munchin

rdret1
05-25-2010, 20:17
There will be enough of us at Arlinton this weekend, we won't even miss him. I guess Barry doesn't like the sound of Rolling Thunder.

akv
05-25-2010, 21:12
This is a positive, the memory of our brave vets does not need the crocodile tears of a CIC who at the end of the day does not love this great nation. I will be at the Presidio Ceremonies, thinking of veterans past, my friends who didn't make it out of the towers, and all of you at PS.com.

Respectfully,

AKV

swatsurgeon
05-25-2010, 21:35
It is with the greatest respect as an american citizen that I....
place my right hand over my heart, salute, stand at attention or other sign of respect during one of our American traditions. Be it taps, the national anthem, the pledge of allegiance...a sign of honor to those that brought this country to those that value freedom. To those that presently serve, have served and will serve, I thank them for every day that I enjoy my freedoms.

I wish I could make it to Arlington, my father has inurnment in the Columbarium, and on such a day, some show of rememberence, some action to honor those that gave for us.....

It is not the office of the President of these United States that makes the man but the man that makes the office to earn and maintain its respect....in that, he has failed.....

olav ha'shalom and ale ha'shalom...may peace be upon he, and her, who have died...with service to America.

ss

Tatonka316
05-26-2010, 01:46
Doc!

I will go pay my respects to, and visit with your dad this weekend, and everytime I go to those hallowed grounds from now on - he will ALWAYS be remembered.

molon labe:lifter

blue02hd
05-26-2010, 01:56
A few of us from CM's will be there, hope to see some of you Sat or Sunday.

swatsurgeon
05-26-2010, 02:15
Doc!

I will go pay my respects to, and visit with your dad this weekend, and everytime I go to those hallowed grounds from now on - he will ALWAYS be remembered.

molon labe:lifter

Thank you...from the heart....same for Jr.

ss

The Reaper
05-26-2010, 02:59
Thank you...from the heart....same for Jr.

ss

Same from here.

I will have something to send you soon in remembrance.

I can assure you that Junior is remembered well here, along with all of the other fallen comrades and heroes. He is with us and in our hearts every day.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

We remember, amigo.

Rest in Peace, and thank you.

TR

Aoresteen
05-26-2010, 03:11
Drudge is reporting that he will make it back to DC for the Paul McCartney concert....

greenberetTFS
05-26-2010, 05:50
As for the POTUS ...we'll sing a 'him' in his honor - "Him...him...#*%# him!"

I concur!......... ;) Never did I ever hear the rest of that song....... :( I still wonder how that P#*%k ever got elected.............:confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

Pete
05-26-2010, 06:00
What he does or does not do will not effect me in any way.

If you don't do it with feelings, you just go through the motions and then go have some beer and shoot some hoops with friends you're just window dressing on the Memorial Day Weekend.

Me? I'll spend part of the weekend on a National Battlefield with friends.

longrange1947
05-26-2010, 06:11
OK, I 'm going to be the a**hole here. While I do not like the POTUS and he truely pisses me off by just looking at him. Be careful what fight you pick and make sure that you have a justifiable rage. You may wish to look at the history of the past Presidents and their attendence at Arlington before you go off on this one. :munchin

Again, not defending the POTUS, just saying be wise in what fights you pick.

Ret10Echo
05-26-2010, 06:19
What he does or does not do will not effect me in any way.

If you don't do it with feelings, you just go through the motions and then go have some beer and shoot some hoops with friends you're just window dressing on the Memorial Day Weekend.

Me? I'll spend part of the weekend on a National Battlefield with friends.

I'm with you Pete,

This should come as no surprise since he has repeatedly failed to even pretend to have respect for those who have guaranteed the safety of this country.

I think the presence of brothers means more than any politician.

Basenshukai
05-26-2010, 06:36
This is our Commander-in-Chief. But, I'm not surprised that he would do this. It's ill-adviced, but I don't think he really cares. That's OK. I'd rather have him not go being that his heart will not be in it. He can't relate to us anyway. It's a damn shame. For those who voted for him, this guy came well-advertised but has shown little substance. I'm glad I didn't vote for our current POTUS.

Five-O
05-26-2010, 06:38
We're supposed to be a nation that doesn't have leaders. He's supposed to be an administrator and the Congress are supposed to be representatives.

Using "leaders" and "lawmakers" is Newspeak.

Pat

The man is the Commander -in-Chief and as much as he dislikes the military he should at least pretend to give a shit about our fallen. Then he can go smoke a fatty with his hommies in Chi-town.

ReefBlue
05-26-2010, 06:42
It should be one of his unofficial ceremonial duties, but Reagan didn't go in 82, Bush didn't go in 92 and Bush 2 didn't go in 07.

The Reaper
05-26-2010, 06:43
I think the Illinois cemetery visit is an afterthought, concocted to address questions about his actions during his personal vacation.

Arlington is THE national military cemetery, and contains the remains of more vets who have died on Obama's watch than any other cemetery.

I am saddened, but not surprised that he would do this. In his world, Obama's personal gratification always comes first.

I hope those who voted for him continue to be proud of their decisions.

TR

Richard
05-26-2010, 06:53
...but Reagan didn't go in 82, Bush didn't go in 92 and Bush 2 didn't go in 07.

President Reagan attended a summit meeting in Williamsburg, Va., with leaders of the industrialized democracies on Memorial Day 1983; GHWB attended a wreath-laying ceremony and made brief remarks at an American Legion hall in Kennebunkport, Maine, on Memorial Day in 1992; and as for Shrub in 2007...

http://www.wireimage.com/gallerylisting.asp?navtyp=gls====276188&source=rss&nbc=1 :confused:

However, GWB did remain in Texas and VP Cheney did the Veterans Day ceremony at Arlington on 11-11-2007...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21738589/

And so it goes...

The Reaper
05-26-2010, 07:01
It should be one of his unofficial ceremonial duties, but Reagan didn't go in 82, Bush didn't go in 92 and Bush 2 didn't go in 07.

I guess this is a mistake then:

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=46204

TR

Pete
05-26-2010, 08:07
The Right Wing's Memorial Day Attack on Obama

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/26/rightwing-memorial-day-attack-on-obama/

".......Moreover, not every president has spent Memorial Day at Arlington. In 1983, President Reagan was at a summit meeting, and the deputy secretary of defense -- not even the veep! -- placed the wreath. Nine years later, President George H.W. Bush passed off the wreath to Vice President Dan Quayle (who had used family connections to get a slot in the National Guard during the days of the Vietnam War draft). And in 2007, Vice President Dick Cheney took on the wreath mission, while President George W. Bush was in Texas, perhaps clearing brush. .............."

Got his talking points memo and failed to fact check it.

".......So what the hell do these conservatives want out of Obama? And does it matter if Obama throws some leaves on a tomb?........."

And the above statement pretty much sums up the left's view of America.

orion5
05-26-2010, 08:19
The Right Wing's Memorial Day Attack on Obama

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/26/rightwing-memorial-day-attack-on-obama/

".......Moreover, not every president has spent Memorial Day at Arlington. In 1983, President Reagan was at a summit meeting, and the deputy secretary of defense -- not even the veep! -- placed the wreath. Nine years later, President George H.W. Bush passed off the wreath to Vice President Dan Quayle (who had used family connections to get a slot in the National Guard during the days of the Vietnam War draft). And in 2007, Vice President Dick Cheney took on the wreath mission, while President George W. Bush was in Texas, perhaps clearing brush. .............."

Got his talking points memo and failed to fact check it.

".......So what the hell do these conservatives want out of Obama? And does it matter if Obama throws some leaves on a tomb?........."

I just went to that site above and emailed the author, David Corn, about his inaccuracies and poor choice of words. Hoping others do, too....Thanks for this, Pete.

o5

Utah Bob
05-26-2010, 08:23
Throws some leaves on a tomb :mad:
I can't even type a response I'm so infuriated!!

Richard
05-26-2010, 08:39
And does it matter if Obama throws some leaves on a tomb?

YGBSM!!!!! :eek: :mad:

Richard :munchin

Dozer523
05-26-2010, 08:51
Chicago is hosting a Memorial Day Parade. The Soldiers of the 33rd IBCT will be honored. I'm sure the CINC will attend. We're all from the land of Lincoln. It just sucks that we don't have ranches in Illinois.

The Soldiers from the 33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team of the Illinois Army National Guard are home. The overseas deployment of nearly 3,000 Guardsmen from 30 units across the state was the largest in state history since World War II.

The 33rd IBCT was mobilized during the summer 2008 as Task Force Phoenix VIII. Their primary mission was to train and mentor Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police forces. Some of these accomplishments include:
Helped reduce the poppy crop production in Afghanistan: Discovered and later burned 11.2 tons of poppy seeds
Assisted with 19 road projects
Helped dig 135 wells
Helped build 12 medical clinics
Helped build 15 schools
Helped repair 14 civic or cultural centers
Provided 200 emergency tents for flood victims
2.7 million pounds of humanitarian assistance distributed

During the course of the deployment, more than 4,600 awards were presented to Illinois Soldiers, including 66 Purple Hearts, 606 Bronze Stars, eight Bronze Stars with valor, 909 Meritorious Service Medals, 765 Combat Action Badges and 576 Combat Infantry Badges. There were 18 KIA (5 from my battalion).

ILARNG just sent a group to the Sinai, have some with the Poles in Afghanistan and are prepping a group for the Balkans. I think guys from 20th Group out of Chicago are down-range too.

TrapLine
05-26-2010, 09:23
And does it matter if Obama throws some leaves on a tomb?........."

As a civilian I could never pretend to know how much this holiday means to those who have served and lost brothers. However, as someone who appreciates the sacrifice required for freedom, the above statement makes me sick. The fact that such offensive words can be printed with little to no outrage makes me wonder if the divide between those on the right and left is unrepairable.

My thoughts and prayers this Memorial Day will be with each of you serving and those who have served and given so much. There are still some of us who realize it is not a day set aside for BBQs and a three day weekend. Thank you and God bless you.

TrapLine

Ret10Echo
05-26-2010, 11:41
"The 30th day of May, 1868, is designated for the purpose of strewing with flowers or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country during the late rebellion, and whose bodies now lie in almost every city, village, and hamlet church-yard in the land. In this observance no form of ceremony is prescribed, but posts and comrades will in their own way arrange such fitting services and testimonials of respect as circumstances may permit. If other eyes grow dull, other hands slack, and other hearts cold in the solemn trust, ours shall keep it well as long as the light and warmth of life remain to us. Let us, then, at the time appointed gather around their sacred remains and garland the passionless mounds above them with the choicest flowers of spring-time; let us raise above them the dear old flag they saved from dishonor; let us in this solemn presence renew our pledges to aid and assist those whom they have left among us a sacred charge upon a nation's gratitude, the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan "
-General John A. Logan's Memorial Day Order, Headquarters, Grand Army of the Republic, General Orders No.11, Washington, D.C., May 5, 1868

bandycpa
05-26-2010, 11:43
OK, I 'm going to be the a**hole here. While I do not like the POTUS and he truely pisses me off by just looking at him. Be careful what fight you pick and make sure that you have a justifiable rage. You may wish to look at the history of the past Presidents and their attendence at Arlington before you go off on this one. :munchin

Again, not defending the POTUS, just saying be wise in what fights you pick.

LR,

I hear you. What you're saying makes a lot of sense, and we do have to be careful about the political battles we fight. My issue is: why would the President go last year and elect not to go this year?

Here is an article from May 2009.

Bandy

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2009/05/25/memorial-day

The President returned from Camp David last night so that this morning he could have breakfast with Gold Star Families in the State Dining Room, participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, and speak at the Memorial Amphitheater at Arlington National Cemetery:

Here lie Presidents and privates; Supreme Court justices and slaves; generals familiar to history, and unknown soldiers known only to God.

A few moments ago, I laid a wreath at their tomb to pay tribute to all who have given their lives for this country. As a nation, we have gathered here to repeat this ritual in moments of peace, when we pay our respects to the fallen and give thanks for their sacrifice. And we've gathered here in moments of war, when the somber notes of Taps echo through the trees, and fresh grief lingers in the air.

Today is one of those moments, where we pay tribute to those who forged our history, but hold closely the memory of those so recently lost. And even as we gather here this morning, all across America, people are pausing to remember, to mourn, and to pray.

Old soldiers are pulling themselves a little straighter to salute brothers lost a long time ago. Children are running their fingers over colorful ribbons that they know signify something of great consequence, even if they don't know exactly why. Mothers are re-reading final letters home and clutching photos of smiling sons or daughters, as youthful and vibrant as they always will be.

They, and we, are the legacies of an unbroken chain of proud men and women who served their country with honor; who waged war so that we might know peace; who braved hardship so that we might know opportunity; who paid the ultimate price so we might know freedom.

Those who rest in these fields fought in every American war. They overthrew an empire and gave birth to revolution. They strained to hold a young union together. They rolled back the creeping tide of tyranny, and stood post through a long twilight struggle. And they took on the terror and extremism that threatens our world's stability.

Their stories are the American story. More than seven generations of them are chronicled here at Arlington. They're etched into stone, recounted by family and friends, and silently observed by the mighty oaks that have stood over burial after burial.

echoes
05-26-2010, 15:27
We will do our best to celebrate our fallen brothers in your absence.

May those fallen to preserve the Freedom of the United States of America, never be forgotten! We do Remember, and will Never Forget.

Found this tee today, and I like the message:

"Ride On, FREEDOM"

Holly

greenberetTFS
05-26-2010, 15:44
YGBSM!!!!! :mad:

I guess your kinda pissed,huh!....................:(

Gypsy
05-26-2010, 18:03
I will be at Arlington, with my memories of my son and all our brothers that have given ALL for the warrior next to them.

I think of your son every day, when I use my pen. In doing so, I also think of all the men and women who've given full measure for our Country. God bless.

And does it matter if Obama throws some leaves on a tomb?........."

This is beyond freaking disgusting. :mad:

Tatonka316
05-26-2010, 20:23
Thank you, Gypsy and ALL my family here on PS.com!!! It means the world to me to have your thoughts, prayers and friendship. I could not do this without YOU!!!

molon labe

sf11b_p
05-27-2010, 01:55
I would rather he not attend Arlington, or any other service this Memorial Day.

It's beyond the idea of one day, it's the other days that have gone by that should draw attention to his neglect of this one.

I believe I've read or seen moments that other Presidents have had that have shown what they feel. Visits to hospitals, letters written to family's. Taking moments to be with those who've served and their family's. Time spent with those who've lost their loved one. Done quietly and privately. Done without publicity, though later word of it may have spread. Done on all the other days.

I may have missed something that this President has done, other than make opportunity for a backdrop or chance to move his agenda. I don't think so though.

Pete
05-27-2010, 04:35
.....I hear you. What you're saying makes a lot of sense, and we do have to be careful about the political battles we fight. My issue is: why would the President go last year and elect not to go this year?.........

Been there, done that, got the photo op......

Like when he met the caskets - just a photo op.

LarryW
05-27-2010, 06:15
I noted the body language and facial expressions POTUS displays whenever he passes a person in uniform. He doesn't deserve to be in the same company of men and women who gave their lives for his freedom. Yes. I'd feel better if he just didn't show himself at all. I feel for him the same as I feel for all Chicago sewer trout. (spit)

Green Light
05-27-2010, 08:35
:mad:
I can't even type a response I'm so infuriated!!

Just freakin' WOW. I feel the same fury. It's hard to believe that these people don't understand. I'm at a loss. Has our country really sunk to that level? Is it really just "throwing leaves?" I don't know what to say except that POTUS' trip this weekend was purchased by those who he turned his back on.

echoes
05-27-2010, 17:55
Has our country really sunk to that level? Is it really just "throwing leaves?"

Sir, am so saddened that Our Brave Soldiers have to ask this question. But I must speak up, and speak loudly for those of us civilians in our great Country, America, that stand behind all of You! For Your Service...because we do not stand in front of You.:(

Holly

Richard
05-27-2010, 21:06
I've been thinking about this - and - I have to wonder if the POTUS might not be planning to appear somewhere in SWA { ;) ;)* } on Monday. :confused:

* Wink - Wink

Peregrino
05-27-2010, 21:44
I've been thinking about this - and - I have to wonder if the POTUS might not be planning to appear somewhere in SWA { ;) ;)* } on Monday. :confused:

* Wink - Wink

Not if he's planning to make that concert.

The Reaper
05-28-2010, 01:01

* Wink - Wink

Holding your breath?

I looked for the pink font.

TR

Penn
05-28-2010, 07:43
Mr. Korn, you obviously have never served our Country in Uniform, for if you had, your diction, would have shown the respect for those who have paid the ultimate price for your freedom of speech, and not the disrespect you expressed of their sacrifice on your behalf.

The laying of a wreath is not a superficial act, nor is a Commander and Chief speech at our only National Cemetery, in Arlington, a frivolous photo op. It is the symbolic representation, by the President of the United States of America, to echo in some way, the sentiment so eloquently expressed by President Lincoln, in his letter to Mrs. Bixby, on the loss of her five sons during the Civil War.

You should always remember that America's, apolitical Soldiers, die at the discretion of American political leadership. Therefore, paying respect to those who have died at the behest of our political leadership, is more than just throwing leaves on a tomb.

It should also bring a moment of pause, in that a sentiment such as yours, if it were to become the prevailing attitude; would beg to question, just who would protect our freedoms, if the vigilance and sacrifice is for naught, disregarded as you so wonderfully expressed.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.
Dear Madam,--
I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.
I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.
I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
A. Lincoln

Richard
05-28-2010, 09:53
...our only National Cemetery, in Arlington...

Choose a state.

http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/division_flsh.asp?dnum=4

The oldest National Cemeteries (of which there were 14) were established in 1862 - Arlington was established in 1865.

http://www.cem.va.gov/hist/datesest.asp

http://www.nps.gov/vick/forteachers/upload/National%20Cemeteries.pdf

However, Arlington is the location of the Tomb of the Unknowns and its 24/7 guard by the 3rd US Infantry under this charge:

My dedication to this sacred duty Is total and wholehearted.
In the responsibility bestowed on me never will I falter.
And with dignity and perseverance my standard will remain perfection.
Through the years of diligence and praise and the discomfort of the elements,
I will walk my tour in humble reverence to the best of my ability.
It is he who commands the respect I protect.
His bravery that made us so proud.
Surrounded by well meaning crowds by day alone in the thoughtful peace of night,
this soldier will in honored Glory rest under my eternal vigilance.

IMO - our commitment to eternally honor those unknowns is the highest honor we can pay to all - which is why I personally feel it is a monumental mistake for the POTUS, as Commander-In-Chief, to not make the effort to personally recognize that national sense of duty at that location and on that day which our nation has set aside for just such a purpose.

And so it goes...

greenberetTFS
05-28-2010, 10:09
Mr. Korn, you obviously have never served our Country in Uniform, for if you had, your diction, would have shown the respect for those who have paid the ultimate price for your freedom of speech, and not the disrespect you expressed of their sacrifice on your behalf.

The laying of a wreath is not a superficial act, nor is a Commander and Chief speech at our only National Cemetery, in Arlington, a frivolous photo op. It is the symbolic representation, by the President of the United States of America, to echo in some way, the sentiment so eloquently expressed by President Lincoln, in his letter to Mrs. Bixby, on the loss of her five sons during the Civil War.

You should always remember that America's, apolitical Soldiers, die at the discretion of American political leadership. Therefore, paying respect to those who have died at the behest of our political leadership, is more than just throwing leaves on a tomb.

It should also bring a moment of pause, in that a sentiment such as yours, if it were to become the prevailing attitude; would beg to question, just who would protect our freedoms, if the vigilance and sacrifice is for naught, disregarded as you so wonderfully expressed.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.
Dear Madam,--
I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.
I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.
I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
A. Lincoln

Penn,

Very well stated,excellently put so that even he might understand it..............:(

Penn
05-28-2010, 12:57
Richard, my brother is located in the newly formed Washington Crossing National Cemetery, but for some odd reason, I have always considered Arlington our "National Cemetery", even though I am fully aware of the National Cemetery system. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Richard
05-28-2010, 13:44
Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

LOL - Shouldn't that have been posted in pink text? :D

I understood what you were saying and I think most ffolkes feel the same way - I do, too, but due less to its location than to the Tomb of the Unknowns being located there and making it 'our' National Cemetery more than anything else.

Mike
05-28-2010, 15:01
Got to say-Zero is a douche, but during the dedication of the VN Vet Memorial in in 1982, R Reagan chose to leave town.

He did show up for the 3 GIs Statue in '84, but he was already a day late and dollar short.

The Reaper
05-29-2010, 00:12
Got to say-Zero is a douche, but during the dedication of the VN Vet Memorial in in 1982, R Reagan chose to leave town.

He did show up for the 3 GIs Statue in '84, but he was already a day late and dollar short.

I was not a fan of the Wall either, but I have grown to accept it.

I like the three soldiers statue.

TR

Richard
05-29-2010, 08:41
Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Memorial Day Ceremony and Presidential Visit

http://www.cem.va.gov/MemorialDayVisit.asp

Utah Bob
05-29-2010, 09:17
The official ceremony will begin at 11:30 a.m.
President Obama will depart at 11:35.

Richard
05-29-2010, 09:26
President Obama will depart at 11:35.

Sure that's not 11:25? :rolleyes:

edoo118
06-01-2010, 07:37
It appears a little rain scared Zero away:

Storm Disrupts Obama Memorial Day Event

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/05/31/thunderstorm-disrupts-obama-memorial-day-event/

echoes
06-03-2010, 16:37
"Heavy thunderstorms caused President Barack Obama to cancel a Memorial Day wreath-laying ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill., on Monday."

“Excuse me, everybody listen up,” Obama told the crowd at the event, according to a White House pool report. “We are a little bit concerned about lightning. This may not be safe. A little bit of rain doesn’t hurt anybody but we don’t want anybody struck by lightning.”

The lightning was an obvious sign, sent from the Heavens above, where former Soldiers now stand watch, IMHO. The message was clear, and sent as a wake-up call...instead, he chose to ignore it, turn tail and run, IMHO. "Damn shameful"...as my Uncle would say, as his regular Army service in WWII took him through every type of weather and action that could be thought up!

Holly:(

Utah Bob
06-03-2010, 17:13
"Heavy thunderstorms caused President Barack Obama to cancel a Memorial Day wreath-laying ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill., on Monday."

“Excuse me, everybody listen up,” Obama told the crowd at the event, according to a White House pool report. “We are a little bit concerned about lightning. This may not be safe. A little bit of rain doesn’t hurt anybody but we don’t want anybody struck by lightning.”

The lightning was an obvious sign, sent from the Heavens above, where former Soldiers now stand watch, IMHO. The message was clear, and sent as a wake-up call...instead, he chose to ignore it, turn tail and run, IMHO. "Damn shameful"...as my Uncle would say, as his regular Army service in WWII took him through every type of weather and action that could be thought up!

Holly:(

I saw that storm. I woulda turned tail and run too.:D

echoes
06-03-2010, 17:24
UB,

I did too Sir...it came through here just this morning...:)

Looked and felt like the hand of God himself! Makes me wonder what Our Brave Soldiers that are "up there," are teaching 'em!;) ??? Hmmm.

Holly

LarryW
06-03-2010, 18:53
(Utah bob) I saw that storm. I woulda turned tail and run too.

Don't think you would have, sir. You would've probably handed POTUS a copper rod and told him, "Hey, Dear Leader, you're better than God. He can't do this to you! Run out there in the rain and wave this Magic Obama Pipe in the air and shout loud and clear 'You can't tell me what to do! It's time for some change!' You can control the weather!"

Utah Bob
06-03-2010, 21:37
Don't think you would have, sir. You would've probably handed POTUS a copper rod and told him, "Hey, Dear Leader, you're better than God. He can't do this to you! Run out there in the rain and wave this Magic Obama Pipe in the air and shout loud and clear 'You can't tell me what to do! It's time for some change!' You can control the weather!"

And while he was doing that I'd be beating feet in the other direction...:D