PDA

View Full Version : Blade Show 2010

swatsurgeon
05-25-2010, 14:56
Once the festivities are over, it would be great for all of our resident knife makers/blade masters to post pics and descriptions of items they may have shown/sold at the Blade show so the rest of us who couldn't make it to Atlanta this year can see what the rest of the knife world saw.
Thank you in advance.....

ss

mcarey
05-25-2010, 16:03
I will try, I will send my wife out to capture the photos and post the keepers.:munchin

PiterM
05-25-2010, 17:05
I'll post my usual CRK report of course :D

swatsurgeon
05-25-2010, 17:31
I wonder what Mr. Harsey is keeping locked away behind the barley, yeast and hopps door......there has to be some major project that will roll out soon (just guessing since the "T" series is no longer.
Inquiring minds want to know...and see pics!!

ss

Pic is not Mr. Harsey...just someone performing what we believe is the same or similiar act of creating the next Harsey knife

Ken Brock
05-25-2010, 20:32
I'll go ahead put up a few that I'm taking with me

Ambush Master
05-25-2010, 21:14
Looking Forward to it!!!! Had to miss last year, so this will be FUN!!!!

Later
Martin

Tatonka316
05-26-2010, 02:49
I can't wait to go! I have never been, so I am so very excited to see everyone there ... oh, and look forward to drooling over some blades!!!:D:D:D

molon labe:lifter

The Reaper
05-26-2010, 03:40
The year I went, I had a ball.

I hoep that everyone attending has a safe journey and gets what they want out of the show.

Y'all have fun, now. Y'a hear?

TR

Razor
05-26-2010, 13:43
I'll go ahead put up a few that I'm taking with me

Cool stickers...where'd you get 'em? :p

Ken Brock
05-26-2010, 21:01
Cool stickers...where'd you get 'em? :p

I had Harsey make them for me and I just stamp my name on them

:cool:

Ambush Master
05-26-2010, 21:07
I had Harsey make them for me and I just stamp my name on them
:cool:

I've always heard that it was Frontsight!!:D:munchin

Richard
05-26-2010, 21:20
Send pics of the SEALs tactical bowsaw booth display. :p

Richard :munchin

x SF med
05-27-2010, 12:39
I think the stickers Mr. Brock put up are photoshopped ... friggin redneck knifemakers... almost as bad as loggers turned knifemakers. :p

Ken Brock
05-27-2010, 22:09
I think the stickers Mr. Brock put up are photoshopped ... friggin redneck knifemakers... almost as bad as loggers turned knifemakers. :p

hahahahaha, they could be!

I was once a bulldozer operator too!

can't trust them either :D

x SF med
05-28-2010, 10:04
hahahahaha, they could be!

I was once a bulldozer operator too!

can't trust them either :D

so that's where you get all your steel... from the wrecked bulldozer blades :eek:

nice knives... I need to buy one or more... if i ever get the $$$....

swatsurgeon
05-28-2010, 11:09
so that's where you get all your steel... from the wrecked bulldozer blades :eek:

nice knives... I need to buy one or more... if i ever get the $$$....

they're worth it....Ken made me a Double D to my specs and it is a wonderful knife...sits on my SWAT vest waiting to serve.

ss

DJ Urbanovsky
05-29-2010, 12:52
I'm still finishing all of my stuff. Progress pics are on the site. If I get a chance, I'll post pics here.

Les George
06-01-2010, 10:09
I'll get some pics of Ken's knives for ya'll, failing that, I'll get funny pics of Ken....

:lifter

(DJ Too)

Debo
06-01-2010, 13:35
I have drill that weekend so I won't make it this year. Looking forward to the pictures. Horrigan is showing up with a pretty slick laminate knife this year. Sexy.

D.

x SF med
06-01-2010, 19:59
they're worth it....Ken made me a Double D to my specs and ...ss

Wow, SS... Ken made you a steel bra... DADT is still in effect, right? And you gave away the size of your moobs... :rolleyes:

swatsurgeon
06-01-2010, 22:36
Always willing to tell all actually...... Yeah right. His style steel bra will pierce a heart or aorta just right, surgeon's style.
ss

The Reaper
06-02-2010, 04:08
Wow, SS... Ken made you a steel bra... DADT is still in effect, right? And you gave away the size of your moobs... :rolleyes:

Should you be checking out his moobs in your condition?:D

TR

x SF med
06-02-2010, 10:00
Should you be checking out his moobs in your condition?:D

TR

The PT is going well, I'm back to 6+ METs for close to an hour ... hopefully they'll allow me to lift again soon...

I wasn't checking the Doc's moobs, just commenting on his comment, HH6 has the real thing here at home. :D

Bill Harsey
06-02-2010, 13:31
Blade show... When's that again?

Tatonka316
06-02-2010, 22:11
Hi Bill!

That's what a week in Fayetteville with do to you!!! See you and everyone on Saturday!!!:D:):rolleyes:

Ambush Master
06-02-2010, 22:28
Will be arriving ATL around Noon tomorrow!!

Later
Martin

orion5
06-03-2010, 00:24
This thread was spiraling out of control, which I was enjoying....but anyway, you Boyz have a great time. Anne's going to have her hands full since I can't be there to supervise. hee hee... :munchin

The Reaper
06-03-2010, 03:40
'Fraid I can't make it this time, gents.

Y'all take some good notes and pics and let me know how it turns out.

And make sure someone brings a quart jar of 'shine for Harsey to get him started.

TR

Peregrino
06-03-2010, 08:01
If Harsey spent a week in Fayetteville and didn't holler, we're going to have words.

Tatonka316
06-03-2010, 09:19
... I "think" he was "workin'"!?!?!:confused::eek:;)

DDD
06-03-2010, 10:49
I'm going to get into Atl 'round noon 1 o'clock tomorrow.

x SF med
06-03-2010, 13:55
... I "think" he was "workin'":confused::eek:;)

molon labe

Yeah, right.... working... that's what it was... :rolleyes:

swatsurgeon
06-06-2010, 13:37
just read that the Spartan/Harsey knife won best collaboration at Blade show....anyone able to verify this??
Also read that there is a new Harsey being made in italy...Fox ?,extrema ratio ?, inquiring minds can't wait to hear about this one!!! Could this be the new home of Harsey designs since Lone Wolf isn't??

ss

orion5
06-07-2010, 09:32
just read that the Spartan/Harsey knife won best collaboration at Blade show....anyone able to verify this??

ss, Just heard from Bill that they did indeed win...don't have any details yet.

CONGRATULATIONS Bill, mcarey, and Mildot!!!!

Beautiful work... may you all have a productive and fulfilling year!

o5

DJ Urbanovsky
06-08-2010, 19:57
Got home at 5.30am today.

Wow, what a show. The best so far.

Those of you I know for sure I met were Jeff, Mark and Bill. It was great seeing/meeting all of you.

Jeff, so good to see you, bro. I did the CAD work on the thing we talked about on the way home in the truck. Will call you this week to talk about details.

Mark, thanks for letting me drool over the new Spartan/Harsey colab. Everything is right about that knife. You guys really knocked it out of the park.

Bill... Man, there's nothing better when one of the masters comes over and compliments you on your work. Thanks so much. Will follow your orders and get those pics posted as soon as I have some more forged out in about two weeks. And like I just said to Mark, amazing job on the colab knife.

Those of you I met and didn't realize, thanks for stopping by. Everybody was cool, complimentary, and well, just plain beautiful.

Any of you guys sitting on the fence about either the Model 1 LE or the new Reeve Nyala, get off it and buy yourself one. They are both full of awesome.

Tatonka316
06-08-2010, 20:38
It was truly an honor for me to attend Blade Show with everyone! Something I will always remember:D:D:D Spartan Blades made my trip possible, and it was so great to meet your family Mark and to see how WELL received THE knife was!!!

Thanks to Bill and Chris for the tremendous hospitality, amazing work and true professionalism!!! And so good to see you, Ambush Master --- keep your knees in the breeze!!!

DJ - thanks again for everything, and we'll talk soon! This week I am at SFA Convention so next week works for us to link-up.

S.Gossman
06-09-2010, 02:13
I would have loved to have gone this year. Had a great time last year. Congrates to Bill and Spartan Knives.
Scott

The Reaper
06-09-2010, 05:27
Congrats, Bill, Mark, and Curtis!

Hey, Bill, did you see the Colonel there at Charlie Och's?

TR

Ken Brock
06-09-2010, 07:17
I finally got to handle some Spartan blades and meet the owners. Nice work guys!

Mr. Harsey and Ambush Master, always a pleasure

Team Sergeant
06-09-2010, 08:33
Well done gents!

And well done Chris and Anne Reeve!

I have some knives to order!
TS

mcarey
06-09-2010, 08:55
A pic of the three of us at the show Sunday. A great show and a surprise to win Best Collaboration! Great to see old friends and meet others from PS. Thanks Tatonka, Ken, Gerry, DJ, Ambush Master, COL N., Charlie Ochs and all others that stopped by to visit. :D

The Reaper
06-09-2010, 09:28
A pic of the three of us at the show Sunday. A great show and a surprise to win Best Collaboration! Great to see old friends and meet others from PS. Thanks Tatonka, Ken, Gerry, DJ, Ambush Master, COL N., Charlie Ochs and all others that stopped by to visit. :D

Glad to see COL N WAS there. Plan to ask him how it went next week.

Bill, you are looking a little peaked, are you okay?

TR

Bill Harsey
06-09-2010, 10:08
TR,
I'm fine but it was tough leaving the luxury resort spa zen style grinding room at Spartan Blades and having to work in public.

It was a little intimidating to review the knives placed in our competition category as the work was outstanding. In spite of my work Spartan won one hell of an award, well done guys!!!

Chris Reeve took home a couple of the heavy awards too. Good job to all at CRK.

I got to walk around a bit with Col. N and talk with him, also introduced him to the president of Crucible Steel and Col. N should have some forging steel coming his way.

Al Mars daughter Ryan was there and there may be knife related news to follow.

Thanks to all I got to meet and speak with, big room and lots of good people.

CRUSADERSTEEL
06-09-2010, 11:11
Bill, Mark, Curtis.... Man congratulations on the award!! To win get best colab with such tough competition really says alot about what expect from Spartan Blades! I am glad I was able to get one ordered before they were all gone. Cant wait to see whats next!!
Again.. Congrats!

LongWire
06-09-2010, 11:22
Congrats Guys on a Great Knife!!!

Les George
06-09-2010, 19:30
Congrats on the award, I saw the knife and it was well deserved!

Great to see everyone again and nice to meet everyone I met for the first time!

Hey Bill, not gonna tell them how you tried to break my knife? :lifter

Bill Harsey
06-10-2010, 05:28
Congrats on the award, I saw the knife and it was well deserved!

Great to see everyone again and nice to meet everyone I met for the first time!

Hey Bill, not gonna tell them how you tried to break my knife? :lifter

Les,
all I did was an edge bend test with limited stuff on an unstable surface. but you seem to have some good stuff in that knife.
Get your self a 1/4 inch brass rod, put it flat on a solid bench surface and then push the edge down over it to see how far it will deflect. PUT ON SAFETY GLASSES!
The goal is to flex the edge and see if it returns without either forming a bend or cracking.

JJ_BPK
06-10-2010, 05:41
Congratulation to all involved..
Job very well done..
and much deserved..

:lifter:D:D:lifter

Les George
06-10-2010, 07:57
Les,
all I did was an edge bend test with limited stuff on an unstable surface. but you seem to have some good stuff in that knife.
Get your self a 1/4 inch brass rod, put it flat on a solid bench surface and then push the edge down over it to see how far it will deflect. PUT ON SAFETY GLASSES!
The goal is to flex the edge and see if it returns without either forming a bend or cracking.

I know boss, I just still think it was hilarious! :)

Bill Harsey
06-10-2010, 10:22
I know boss, I just still think it was hilarious! :)

Les,
That's why I like you. Ok, maybe I did try and break your knife but I couldn't do it.
Les makes tough knives that are made to cut well. Read his bio. I think Les knows about breaking stuff too.

Thanks for what you have done in service to this nation.

Les George
06-10-2010, 20:02
Les,
That's why I like you.

I thought it was my rugged good looks and boyish charm? :cool:

mcarey
06-11-2010, 06:25

You are a fine knifemaker and are staying in shape - I don't know about rugged good looks, but you seemed to be charming the ladies. Just an observation from a trained observer.;)

Les George
06-11-2010, 08:47
You are a fine knifemaker and are staying in shape - I don't know about rugged good looks, but you seemed to be charming the ladies. Just an observation from a trained observer.;)

And the pity of it is, I am not allowed to date - at all! You would think with a European wife you would get a little more leeway, but you would be twelve kinds wrong!

Good seeing you again Mark, talk soon, I think I am gonna have some more questions about that thing we talked about. I'll wait till it's closer to time to use the info to get it again. That way I have less time to forget! :confused:

Ken Brock
06-11-2010, 08:55

oh boy

where are my hip waders?

:D

x SF med
06-11-2010, 09:15
oh boy

where are my hip waders?

:D

Over by the Broken bulldozer blades for making fish hooks and knives...:eek:

Bill Harsey
06-11-2010, 09:41
Mr. Brock,
Hope the show went well for you. You had some great looking work on your table.

Mark,
Did you get any pictures of Les charming the ladies? Maybe we could get a good price on his doing some grinding for us. :D

mcarey
06-11-2010, 16:24
Mark,
Did you get any pictures of Les charming the ladies? Maybe we could get a good price on his doing some grinding for us. :D

Bill, What happens at Blade (the pit) stays in the pit!;)

Bill Harsey
06-11-2010, 20:37
Almost forgot to report :D
Chris Reeve won "Highest Quality Manufacturer in the Indusrty" again...

...and also "Knife of the Year" for his new folder with Grant and Gavin Hawk.
The Hawk boys (father and son) do some amazing stuff and it's very good to have them on the team.

Les George
06-11-2010, 21:34
Bill, What happens at Blade (the pit) stays in the pit!;)

That's why you're my boy Mark! :)

Nice talking to you again Bill! :D

DDD
06-12-2010, 17:23
Just got back from working with some Marines in Hawaii, the SOC PD was agreat hit. I showed it off, tested it's effectiveness on some tissue, and then showed them my hat with a website on it. Ken's stuff still impresses the Marines and I'm saving my lunch money to get something from Les (if I can find one that fits my dainty little hands). Les builds his knives to fit mitts like Bill's and I just don't measure up:D

LibraryLady
06-12-2010, 23:33
... Les builds his knives to fit mitts like Bill's and I just don't measure up:D

You're not the only one to have this problem with some of these knife makers... :rolleyes:

LL