PDA

View Full Version : just a little back up i made today.

senatorshep
05-20-2010, 22:45
so i hammered out the basic design with my forge. then i tried out my hand at free hand grinding. this is my first attempt at free hand grinding. the bevels are real ruff, but im happy for the practice. tell me what you think good or bad. also this is my first post, nice to meet you all. there is a lot of people in this forum i respect. i hope to not let you down with future projects of mine.

rdret1
05-20-2010, 23:20
Doesn't look bad for a first attempt. You need to make an introduction first though.

JJ_BPK
05-21-2010, 04:36
so i hammered out the basic design with my forge. then i tried out my hand at free hand grinding. this is my first attempt at free hand grinding. the bevels are real ruff, but im happy for the practice. tell me what you think good or bad. also this is my first post, nice to meet you all. there is a lot of people in this forum i respect. i hope to not let you down with future projects of mine.

Very good start.

If this is your forge,, I'll triple that complement.. :eek::D

You will find that this crowd likes sharp-n-pointy things,, A lot..

Welcome to PS.com.. :D:lifter

MasterOfMyFate
05-21-2010, 08:29

That must be a GREAT feeling, like a step down from the birth of a child! Used it on anything? What did you make it from?

senatorshep
05-21-2010, 08:55
That is in fact a picture of my forge. and this knife was made out of half a rail road spike. the tracks run right behind my house, so i have buckets of them.

MasterOfMyFate
05-21-2010, 09:01
That is in fact a picture of my forge. and this knife was made out of half a rail road spike. the tracks run right behind my house, so i have buckets of them.

How much would you charge for one of those "tactical shanks?"

senatorshep
05-21-2010, 09:24
How much would you charge for one of those "tactical shanks?"

well, it costs me nothing to make. so free i would say. my skills are not good enuff to sell anything yet. just pay shipping that should be fine.

Dozer523
05-21-2010, 09:25
That must be a GREAT feeling, like a step down from the birth of a child! Used it on anything? What did you make it from? Oh GREAT! Now you've done it. Chicks'll be here any second.

"let me tell YOU it ain't noth. . . ";

NoRoadtrippin
05-21-2010, 10:14
Oh GREAT! Now you've done it. Chicks'll be here any second.

Hahaha they are on a bit of the warpath lately with all of Snaquebite's recent additions to the comedy zone.

MasterOfMyFate
05-22-2010, 03:49
Oh GREAT! Now you've done it. Chicks'll be here any second.

Ha! I guess like WE wouldn't understand birthing a baby..... They wouldn't understand (Well, the MAJORITY of "them" for the most part) the over-whelming feeling of success you get from designing, creating and using your own tools/contraptions. Makes you feel like a :lifter manly-man!:lifter

Combat Diver
05-22-2010, 08:00
Matt,

Welcome and nice blade! I grew up there in the Texas hill country. Miss the canoeing and fishing on the Gualdalupa River there.

CD