PDA

View Full Version : MSG (Ret) Ralph Raymond Trout Jr.

Pete
05-11-2010, 13:48
MSG (Ret) Ralph Raymond Trout Jr

"Ret. Master Sgt. Ralph Raymond Trout Jr., 76, of Madisonville, KY. passed away on Monday May 10, 2010 at 9:28 a.m. at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville, IN.

He was born on March 22, 1934 in Rock Island County, IL. to the late Ralph Raymond Trout Sr. and Delpha Spiznogle Trout. He was a retired Master Sergeant with the U.S. Army 5th Special Forces Group, he served four tours in Vietnam. He was formerly employed with International Harvester. He was a member of VFW Post 5480 and was of the Baptist faith.

In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by a daughter, Nancy Lynn Trout; two brothers, Robert Trout and Edward Trout.

He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Anna Trout; two daughters, Diane Krieder of Milan, IL. and Andrea Lynn Trout of Madisonville; two sons, Jeffrey Lee Trout of CA. and Thomas Andrew Trout of Madisonville; two sisters, Carol Trout of Rock Island, IL. and Patricia McDonald of Milan, IL.; one brother, Richard Trout of Rock Island, IL.; two grandchildren, Delaney Krieder and Avanlee Krieder......."

Link through the funeral home has a link to a guest book.

http://www.harrisfuneralinc.com/index.cfm

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28532&highlight=Trout

ZonieDiver
05-11-2010, 14:16
Rest In Peace, Master Sergeant.

Green Light
05-11-2010, 14:25
Well done, Top. Rest easy.

JJ_BPK
05-11-2010, 14:43
RIP Warrior, Vaya con Dios..

Link through the funeral home has a link to a guest book.

Done, Thanks..

Red Flag 1
05-11-2010, 14:55
Rest In Peace MSG.

koz
05-11-2010, 14:55
Thank you for your years of service and sacrifice. Rest in Peace.

robert2854
05-11-2010, 18:20
REST IN PEACE, BOSS. WE ALL APPRECIATE AND RESPECT YOUR SERVICE

Ret10Echo
05-11-2010, 19:19
Rest in Peace warrior...

rdret1
05-11-2010, 21:26
Rest in Peace MSG Trout.

FILO
05-12-2010, 01:49
RIP MSG Trout.

Rogue
05-12-2010, 06:53
Rest in Peace

jasonglh
05-12-2010, 15:21
He will be missed.

He was just a cool old dude its no wonder we hit it off. I pulled his chain when I asked about his master paratrooper tattoo. He was surprised that I knew what it was. We talked about his service and he said no one had asked about it in years and just hadn't talked about it. Like several of the older SF guys I have met he didn't seem to think his service was that big a deal or that multiple tours in Vietnam was unusual yet was still proud of his service. He said he had great times in the service and told me a few of the fun stories. From his record and the scars it safe to say not all the stories were fun but I dont think he would have done anything different.

When he retired from the service he went back home to Ill and worked for International Harvest. I still own 2 Farmalls and a big IH. It was a funny he worked at IH but didnt drive a Scout he had an early 70's Bronco with the removable roof. I have been keeping an eye out to restore a 71 Bronco at some point and talking about it for at least the last 10 years.

He came back here when he retired from IH because he wanted to be close to Ft Campbell again. He wound up buying a house here because he thought the houses in Clarksville were overpriced.

We just really hit it off and neither of us expected things to turn out like this. In hindsight thinking about some of the things he said and did I suspect somehow he knew he was sicker than he seemed.

He will be missed.

greenberetTFS
05-13-2010, 15:39
God Bless,Rest in Peace,Warrior............... :(

Big Teddy

MtnGoat
05-14-2010, 06:29
Rest In Peace, Master Sergeant.

Blue skies and soft landings.

Goggles Pizano
05-14-2010, 11:48
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti, Amen.
In pace requiescat Top.
Dominus vobiscum.