PDA

View Full Version : SF Unit in Springfield, Missouri?

czechsix
05-07-2010, 23:27
I have been hearing from a local national guard contact that they are trying to form an SF unit in Springfield, MO. I wasn't sure if this had any validity or if anyone had any further information or had heard rumors. They have a potential spot already picked out for the training area. Any information would be useful. Thanks!

Surgicalcric
05-08-2010, 05:41
There are quite a few states vying for a NG SF company to be re/located to their state but as of a couple weeks ago there were no plans to locate a new or relocate an existing SF company/BN to MO.

Crip

Richard
05-08-2010, 08:07
...there were no plans to locate a new or relocate an existing SF company/BN to MO.

Probably don't want to be added to the MIAC's list of threats to the solons ( :rolleyes: ) of the Show Me State...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13232178/MIAC-Strategic-Report-The-Modern-Militia-Movement

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22312&highlight=MIAC

Richard

czechsix
05-08-2010, 11:06
haha missouri can be ridiculous for sure. its a great mix of liberal-progressives and bible-belt hermit cowboys and a little bit of the kkk too.

thanks for clearing it up. didn't know how seriously to take a campaign for a new unit around here. guess chicago will have to suffice :p

craigepo
05-08-2010, 19:51
We tried to get Missouri to take an SF company back when 12th Group was going away. Mel Carnahan(D) was governor, and the state wouldn't even think about it.

sticks
07-20-2010, 09:14
Just my thoughts on the subject:

While there are plenty of Missourians that have served in these capacities, and many who yet will, won't they just go the route that is already available to get there? What would be the point of locating a unit in MO? The NG unit in Boonville is an infantry unit looking to become Ranger certified to a man...how much manpower of the quality required will there be to fill the slots? Missouri is as good a place as any to have a unit/group, I suppose, but how much sense does it make from a supply/demand standpoint? Just a few questions.