PDA

View Full Version : Three Reported Killed in Greek Protests

Richard
05-05-2010, 12:20
Demonstrations against tough new austerity measures in Greece claimed their first fatalities on Wednesday with three people reported to have died inside a bank building set ablaze by protesters. The reports came as workers across Greece went on strike over deep spending cuts and new taxes aimed at staving off economic collapse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/world/europe/06greece.html?hp

And so it goes...

Richard

SF18C
05-05-2010, 12:24
hmmm, Maybe time to dump those I-funds in TSP??????

ZonieDiver
05-05-2010, 12:32
I wonder what's going to happen in the good old US of A when/if we ever have to install "austerity measures"? A lot more than three, methinks.

akv
05-05-2010, 14:23
Yes, I wouldn't think the Greek's are singularly irresponsible, the other PIIG nations will chime in too IMHO.

jatx
05-05-2010, 19:05
When the Euro collapses, we'll all feel so much better that it's because there were elections going on in Bavaria...:rolleyes:

Paslode
05-05-2010, 19:18
I wonder what's going to happen in the good old US of A when/if we ever have to install "austerity measures"? A lot more than three, methinks.

Nmap has some interesting thoughts on that.

Nationally HCR, Cap'n Trade, VAT would seem like austerity measures. In the Kansas there is no talk of cutting the budget, the legislature is looking at taxing Sugar, increase gasoline tax, tobacco ( too name a few) and the EPA is digging into everyone pocket who has a home built prior to 1978.