PDA

View Full Version : Depth Perception

FuerzaEspecial
04-27-2010, 17:46
Hey guys, I ran a search and couldn't find anything.
My question is...
Do Special Forces need require depth perception? I know HALO requires depth perception. But I've been thinking about joining the National Guard and joining SF?

The reason why I ask is b/c I did my MEPS recently and failed the depth perception, I went to a regular eye doctor afterwards and passed it there.

Scimitar
04-27-2010, 17:58
Hey guys, I ran a search and couldn't find anything.
My question is...
Do Special Forces need require depth perception? I know HALO requires depth perception. But I've been thinking about joining the National Guard and joining SF?

The reason why I ask is b/c I did my MEPS recently and failed the depth perception, I went to a regular eye doctor afterwards and passed it there.

What did your recruiter say about this?

It is not uncommon for MEPS eye tests to be "off" a little. It's a not a professioanl test. I always advise guys who are boarderline anything in the eye department to get a medical from their Eye Doctor before going to MEPS so that if they do fail they can show their recent "Professional" test.

You will likely require a extensive written doceument from the eye Doctor and request a waiver through your recruiter.

Again, have you talked to your recruiter about this?

Scimitar

Richard
04-27-2010, 17:58
(1) Go here - http://www.bragg.army.mil/sorb/SORB_SPECIALFORCES.html

(2) Ask your question.

(3) Good luck...the short bus will be along for you soon.

Richard

Scimitar
04-27-2010, 18:00
Oh I just missed the fact that is your first post...
stand-by...a nice man will be along shortly to show you how wrong you are. :munchin

S

FuerzaEspecial
04-27-2010, 18:14
It's my first post but I've been a member of this web site for a few weeks already and have read many forums.

shortbrownguy
04-27-2010, 18:16
It's my first post but I've been a member of this web site for a few weeks already and have read many forums.

Epic fail:munchin

The Reaper
04-27-2010, 18:19

Reread the rules and stickies, and do not post again till you can tell me what you have failed to do.

I also am not keen on your user ID, unless you are already SF. Pick a new user name and get back to me.

Do you have a Fuerzas Especiales tattoo as well?

Scimitar:

Have you reacquainted yourself with the stickies for this forum recently?

TR

FuerzaEspecial
04-27-2010, 18:19
I've already talked to my recruiter, and I'm retaking the depth perception at the base in 2 weeks. If I fail it, they'll use my doctors note (which I got recently) and worst case scenario I'll go for a waiver.
The reason why I asked guys is b/c I tried out for a Combat Weather with the AF unit that works with the 19th special forces. But if I don't "make it" due to this depth perception BS I'm already preparing my self for plan B.

FuerzaEspecial
04-27-2010, 19:19
Reread the rules and stickies, and do not post again till you can tell me what you have failed to do.

I also am not keen on your user ID, unless you are already SF. Pick a new user name and get back to me.

Do you have a Fuerzas Especiales tattoo as well?

Scimitar:

Have you reacquainted yourself with the stickies for this forum recently?

TR

No I don't have a Tattoo! LOL!!! hahahaha... thanks for the laugh. Any who, can you change my user name then Reaper? By the way my user name was not "describing" nor was I "proclaiming" to be anything. It was the spanish translation as you already know of special forces, I did it as it was the first thing that came to my mind when I joined here to give tribute to SF and the Kaibil.