PDA

View Full Version : "Full Spectrum Disorder"

JGarcia
08-01-2004, 17:19
I was at Barnes and Noble today, perusing the current events section, when I noticed a catchy title peering at me from the bottom shelf. Full Spectrum Disorder.

The writers creds are that he retired from the US Army and spent time in an unnamed special direct action unit at Ft. Bragg, participated in the battle of Mogadishu with that same unnamed direct action unit, etc.

His last name is Goff. I have not bought the book, but after reading a couple of paragraphs it seems interesting. Goff touches on the situation in Iraq, and mentions looping and the intiative, saying that the insurgents are seizing the initiative and giving the US Commanders hell, etc. I dont mean that what he talks about is brilliant or anything like that.

Since this is the book review forum I wanted to know if any of you had read the book and might offer some thoughts before I buy it on Tuesday.

The Reaper
08-01-2004, 17:44
STAN Goff?

TR

Ambush Master
08-01-2004, 17:47
From Amazon.com :

Full Spectrum Disorder: The Military in the New American Century
by Stan Goff

The Reaper
08-01-2004, 18:22
Originally posted by Ambush Master
From Amazon.com :

Full Spectrum Disorder: The Military in the New American Century
by Stan Goff

Stan is a headcase.

Absolutely 100% guaranteed to be left wing propaganda and not even worth the read.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
08-01-2004, 18:40
Make him go away Boss. Make it stop.

Team Sergeant
08-01-2004, 19:10
Never heard of him.

NousDefionsDoc
08-01-2004, 19:16
Reaper, does that look like somebody we know?

Team Sergeant
08-01-2004, 19:19
LOL, I know who your'e talking about!!!

NousDefionsDoc
08-01-2004, 19:23
It looks a little like him, doesn't it?

Team Sergeant
08-01-2004, 19:26
It does and he would take offense!

Kyobanim
08-01-2004, 19:28
I need a lawyer. 2 of the images on this page (http://home.igc.org/~sherrynstan/) are mine and used without permission. The HALO and Combat Medic were made specifically for this site.

Team Sergeant
08-01-2004, 19:31
Originally posted by Kyobanim
I need a lawyer. 2 of the images on this page (http://home.igc.org/~sherrynstan/) are mine and used without permission. The HALO and Combat Medic were made specifically for this site.

LOL, I'd be more than happy to send him a "remove" order...

Roguish Lawyer
08-01-2004, 23:21
Originally posted by Kyobanim

K and TS:

I am at your service. Let's discuss privately.

CPTAUSRET
08-02-2004, 00:43
Originally posted by The Reaper
Stan is a headcase.

Absolutely 100% guaranteed to be left wing propaganda and not even worth the read.

TR

At one time he was a hell of a soldier, then something happened, and he became a totally rabid left wing radical/liberal:

Terry

The Reaper
08-02-2004, 05:34
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Reaper, does that look like somebody we know?

Spitting image, and I just saw him this past week.

TR

Guy
08-02-2004, 07:03
Is this guy married to a black woman? He looks like a guy, I met while in Haiti and got into a wierd discussion about politics.

JGarcia
08-02-2004, 12:43
What happend that caused this guy to go off the deep end?

NousDefionsDoc
08-02-2004, 12:48
Originally posted by NG_M4_Shooter
What happend that caused this guy to go off the deep end?

Hackworth + money

JGarcia
08-02-2004, 12:57
Can you expand on the Hackworth theory? Is Hackworth one of the dark side? I never know what to really think about him.

NousDefionsDoc
08-02-2004, 13:02
He has made a career out of bashing the leadership. Paid negativity and it doesn't matter whether he's right or not or even who the leadership is.

I see Stanley as following in Hackworth's footsteps.

RedGun
06-14-2009, 11:23
Stan Goff is quite a piece of work along with Hathagay....I mean way. For those unfimiliar with the pathos of this efemminate soul, here's snap shot of the madman:

"This is in many ways the most radical proposition of Marxism, so it merits more than a passing thought. Once we begin to dispense with ideas that are abstracted or naturalized out of history, the ideological edifices of patriarchy and capitalism begin to crumble." (Stan Goff)

My damn recruiter lied again! I don't remember him saying anything about the Green to Red Beret program. :mad:

Books
06-20-2009, 11:13
I read the book. He's a committed Marxist and while he's super smart (no joke, serious mental horsepower) and writes well, his book has this level of conspiracy/desperation running through it that undermines his arguments (many of which are specious). I think he may be crazy. . . like really crazy. If you ever wanted to know what the commies think? Here you go.

PRB
06-20-2009, 11:21
He's got the loon look if I ever saw it and I've seen it.
Makes you wonder about his transformation but he deff looks like he drinks his own bath water

MVS2
06-20-2009, 11:30
I read the book. He's a committed Marxist and while he's super smart (no joke, serious mental horsepower) and writes well, his book has this level of conspiracy/desperation running through it that undermines his arguments (many of which are specious). I think he may be crazy. . . like really crazy. If you ever wanted to know what the commies think? Here you go.

I agree. His presentations, interviews, and lectures, he projects different personalities depending on who/what group he advocates. He makes some valid arguments in them, but they're cluttered with these personality shifts and thier associated tangents.