PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Emerald Coast--your new home

heron20
04-26-2010, 13:47
I’m Don Holloway an old retired Army guy and part of the transition team helping the 7th relocate to the Eglin AFB area. Just trying to spread the word on how to contact us and our resources. Not repeat NOT selling stuff. Our organization is here to provide service to 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) soldiers and families. I work with the local Regional Workforce Board through the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation (think Department of Labor). I teach the Transition Assistance Program at Eglin (Army ACAP) through the VA and help active duty military and vets connect to jobs and resources. Our organization is working in conjunction with local government, schools, etc. We’ll provide information at a town hall meeting in Fayetteville on May 10-11. We have several staff members who specifically work with military spouses - one of their programs is Career Advancement Accounts, $6K for spouses of active duty to attend to school.

The town hall meeting will be held at the Crown Expo Center in Fayetteville. Seminars will start at 9 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m. on Tuesday and at 9 a.m. and noon on Wednesday.

Our website: www.jobsplusonestop.com

Relocation website: www.welcometonorthwestflorida.com

My contact info is available through either website or shoot me a note here.

By the way, looks like construction at the cantonment area is coming along nicely. Can't wait til the 7th arrives in force.

Don