PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to everyone!

Rheinhardt
04-25-2010, 01:50
After a long period of consideration, I've decided that the 18X program is simply not for me. While serving in the Special Forces is still my dream, I'd like to do so with a bit more experience under my belt- after all, it's not just my life on the line, but that of my entire team.

To this end, I just signed an airborne 11X contract. After completing OSUT and jump school my plan is to begin working toward the Ranger tab. This, I think, should better prepare me for the real-life circumstances involved in being an operator.

With time, hard work, and a great deal of luck, I hope to earn my place in the SF. I can't thank you all enough for running such an informative and helpful site, and most of all for being there for us newbies. I look forward to learning much more from this community in the weeks before I begin training and long after completion.

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy." -Norman Schwarzkopf

Richard
04-25-2010, 03:35
This, I think, should better prepare me for the real-life circumstances involved in being an operator.

Rheinhardt,

You need to work on your vocabulary a little more.

If you seek to be an operator, go work for the phone company or join the Navy and attend BUDS/SEAL training. However, if your goal is to become an SF soldier, your decision is a sound one which shows a capacity to research, learn, and self-evaluate in a way which should serve you well.

Good luck! ;)

Richard

JJ_BPK
04-25-2010, 08:09
If you seek to be an operator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINRNwq_TXQ&feature=related

:D:D:D:D

Utah Bob
04-25-2010, 09:57
Other than the "Operator" faux pas, you seem to have a pretty good mind set. There is no substitute for experience. With a few years of Infantry/Ranger service under your belt you may prove to be a valuable asset to SF.
Good luck to you.

NousDefionsDoc
04-25-2010, 10:52
Good on you for having the maturity to realize you aren't ready. Good luck. The Ranger Regiment is a fine place to start. Keep your face out of the kool aid pitcher and you'll be fine.

greenberetTFS
04-25-2010, 12:27
Sounds like good advice to yourself...............;)

Big Teddy :munchin