PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon reflex or Aimpoint

expdnarc
04-22-2010, 06:19
I have an opportunity to purchase a Trijicon reflex for my carbine, could someone who has used this and an Aimpoint please give me the pro and con of the two sights I don't have the ability to look at the two side by side.

JJ_BPK
04-22-2010, 06:38
I have an opportunity to purchase a Trijicon reflex for my carbine, could someone who has used this and an Aimpoint please give me the pro and con of the two sights I don't have the ability to look at the two side by side.

You need to use your Google Foo and the search tab. There have been several discussions on illuminated 0x sights.

Search, Read, and come back with a synopsis of your discoveries.

In all likely hood you will have found your answer..

FREE Hint, the bits-n-pieces that can be mounted on a weapon are either personal choices or mission driven.. In one case it's up to you, in the other, you have no choice...

expdnarc
04-22-2010, 07:50
Thank you JJ, I have a bit better idea of what to expect with a Trijicon reflex. It seems that the Trijicon is considered outdated by quite a few and the Eotech has a strong following as does the Aimpoint. I will be using this on a personal carbine so there is nothing prohibiting me from setting it up as I want. As I mentioned I have the opportunity to purchase a Trijicon and at a decent price. I have used the Aimpoint when I was with the 101st, and liked it well enough but I find them pricy. I used the Eotech serving as a LEO and liked it as well, with points going to the Eotech because I preferred the wider field of view and because it did not distort any colors looking through optic. Most of what will be going on my carbine will be because I have it already or it was something that I always wanted to try. I came across a Knights RIS for a song as well as some Knights sling attachment points. Everything else was traded for the only other parts that I have actually purchased being a 14.5 barrel ( I will be pinning a hider to comply with ATF) and a lower receiver. But I am starting to ramble on now, thanks for the help and take care. Any further personal experiences with the Trijicon would be appreciated.

The Reaper
04-22-2010, 08:53
Tried it, didn't like it. YMMV.

Plenty of 0x optics discussion already, as mentioned. Nothing new here.

TR

Razor
04-23-2010, 10:39
I have a Trij reflex I bought several years ago. The dot washes out pretty easily, even on line at an indoor range. I'll often turn the polarizing filter all the way to "blacked out" and use it as an occluded sight to be able to see the amber dot. While not having to worry about batteries is nice when you're isolated and in the middle of nowhere, I can resupply pretty easily nowadays and powered sights are much better in battery life management than even a few years ago. Given a choice, I'd get a powered optic, and just keep a good function check/maintenance schedule for it.