PDA

View Full Version : General Officer Announcements

Stras
04-13-2010, 18:32
U.S. Department of Defense
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs)
News Release

On the Web:
http://www.defense.gov/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=13451
Media contact: +1 (703) 697-5131/697-5132 Public contact:
http://www.defense.gov/landing/comment.aspx
or +1 (703) 428-0711 +1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 288-10
April 13, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Officer Assignments

The Chief of Staff, Army announced today the following assignments:

Maj. Gen. Stephen R. Lanza, director, J-9, U.S. Forces-Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, to chief of public affairs, Office of the Secretary of the Army, Washington, D.C.

Maj. Gen. Michael S. Repass, commanding general, U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C., to commander, Special Operations Command Europe/director of special operations, U.S. European Command, Germany.

Brig. Gen. Peter C. Bayer Jr., chief of staff, I Corps, Fort Lewis, Wash., to director of strategy, plans and policy, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Brig. Gen. Alan R. Lynn, commanding general, 311th Theater Signal Command, Fort Shafter, Hawaii, to commanding general, Signal Center of Excellence, and Fort Gordon, Fort Gordon, Ga.

Brig. Gen. Bradley W. May, commanding general, U.S. Army Basic Combat Training Center of Excellence and Fort Jackson, Fort Jackson, S.C., to director, Iraq Training and Advisory Team, U.S. Forces-Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq.

Brig. Gen. Bennet S. Sacolick, deputy commanding general, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, Fort Bragg, N.C., to commanding general, U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, Fort Bragg, N.C.

The Reaper
04-13-2010, 18:58
Pretty rare to give a BG SWCS.

Usually the senior SF MG on active duty. Recently has been the USASFC CG moving up.

Hmm.

TR

Peregrino
04-13-2010, 19:16
Hmm.

TR

Worth discussing at your place w/libations. I believe some course (literally & figuratively) changes are in store for SWCS.

On related news - the O-6 Command List came out this morning. Guess who's getting TNG GP and who's getting 7th! Once in a Blue Moon good things happen to good people. :D

JimP
04-13-2010, 19:49
good move putting Ben Sacolick at SWC. He's a hell of an individual.

NousDefionsDoc
04-13-2010, 20:23
Well, who's getting 7th Pilgrim?

Peregrino
04-13-2010, 20:28
Well, who's getting 7th Pilgrim?

You can't be the only one on here that's interested! :p

(Antonio Fletcher - current G3 USASFC(A) and my boss' boss. A really good guy; GO material IMNSHO. He leaves this summer for War College and gets 7th either immediately before or immediately after they move to Eglin.)

NousDefionsDoc
04-13-2010, 20:32
Never heard of him (I'm old) but if you say he's good, he's good. When is the move? I hear rumors, rumors...

Peregrino
04-13-2010, 20:34
IIRC BRAC says they must be in place NLT Aug 11. Now returning you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mojaveman
04-13-2010, 20:44
Very interesting.

I knew MG Repass when he was a LT in 3/5 back in the day. He's a West Point graduate.

The Reaper
04-13-2010, 21:46
You can't be the only one on here that's interested! :p

(Antonio Fletcher - current G3 USASFC(A) and my boss' boss. A really good guy; GO material IMNSHO. He leaves this summer for War College and gets 7th either immediately before or immediately after they move to Eglin.)

Outfreakinstanding!

That is good news.

IIRC, he took 3/7 to OEF. Good man!

TR

Ret10Echo
04-14-2010, 04:49
Very interesting.

I knew MG Repass when he was a 1LT in 3/5 back in the day. He was a West Point graduate.

Saw him and said hello at Col Bob Howard's memorial ceremony. He doesn't seem to have changed all that much from when I knew him in Group.

Green Light
04-14-2010, 11:29
Pretty rare to give a BG SWCS.

Usually the senior SF MG on active duty. Recently has been the USASFC CG moving up.

Hmm.

TR

I guess everyone else was busy. Not my favorite guy. I don't think he's been in an SF assignment since he was a CPT.

The Reaper
04-14-2010, 17:55
I guess everyone else was busy. Not my favorite guy. I don't think he's been in an SF assignment since he was a CPT.

I believe that you are correct.

TR

Green Light
04-15-2010, 04:03
I was in C-3-7 when he was a CPT. His quote to me was "If you wanted to be an officer, you should have gone to OCS like I did." While he was "touring" in DC, his WO led his detachment during Just Cause.

Irony is just the universe getting even. :D