PDA

View Full Version : The widow requests we do a 15-6

JAGO
04-06-2010, 07:48
Suppose they have the same process as we?

v/r
phil

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100318/158244746.html

Russian special forces applicant beaten to death in sparring test
© RIA Novosti.
23:0118/03/2010
MultimediaPhoto:Earning the maroon beret: how the special forces are tested

The father of a 4-year-old girl who was seeking to join the Russian Interior Ministry special forces died on Thursday in the Ural's Sverdlovsk Region after being severely beaten during a sparring exam, medical staff said.

"The doctors said his left hemisphere was virtually turned into mincemeat," Artem Borisov's wife, Anna, was quoted as saying by regional media.

In the sparring exam against experienced fighters, Borisov defended himself for 10 minutes before falling unconscious. All attempts to bring him round failed and the 27-year-old was hospitalized in a coma.

He died on Thursday in intensive care without regaining consciousness. Doctors said that even if he had survived he would have been permanently disabled.

Anna Borisova has asked the Nizhny Tagil investigative committee to investigate her husband's death, and sought help from the city's Soldiers' Mothers Committee. A criminal case has not yet been opened.

This is not a first time a candidate for police special forces has been beaten to death during a sparring test.

In April 2009, Moscow Region police officer Viktor Kritsenkov died in intensive care after sparring with seven special forces officers.

98G
04-06-2010, 08:53
Suppose they have the same process as we?

v/r
phil

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100318/158244746.html

Russian special forces applicant beaten to death in sparring test
© RIA Novosti.
23:0118/03/2010
MultimediaPhoto:Earning the maroon beret: how the special forces are tested

The father of a 4-year-old girl who was seeking to join the Russian Interior Ministry special forces died on Thursday in the Ural's Sverdlovsk Region after being severely beaten during a sparring exam, medical staff said.

"The doctors said his left hemisphere was virtually turned into mincemeat," Artem Borisov's wife, Anna, was quoted as saying by regional media.

In the sparring exam against experienced fighters, Borisov defended himself for 10 minutes before falling unconscious. All attempts to bring him round failed and the 27-year-old was hospitalized in a coma.

He died on Thursday in intensive care without regaining consciousness. Doctors said that even if he had survived he would have been permanently disabled.

Anna Borisova has asked the Nizhny Tagil investigative committee to investigate her husband's death, and sought help from the city's Soldiers' Mothers Committee. A criminal case has not yet been opened.

This is not a first time a candidate for police special forces has been beaten to death during a sparring test.

In April 2009, Moscow Region police officer Viktor Kritsenkov died in intensive care after sparring with seven special forces officers.

Their training in the Ural Federal District gets some of the more sever accidental training deaths and dismemberments I've heard about. When I was working in Chelyabinsk (neighboring province to Sverdlovsk) I was with the governor of the province and the local administration when a report came in that a trainee lost all 4 limbs and some more that I will leave unmentioned. Between beatings and left out in the cold (Siberian side of the province) he barely survived and his mother was uncertain what do do. I am not sure he was happy to survive it. Russia is not exactly special needs friendly.

The guys with me at the table shrugged and said it happens but this time Moscow was likely to intervene and slow some of the abuses down. They did for a few months. After a few more vodkas, the scar contest ensued. More from training than Afghanistan or Chechnya. Tough group. I am not sure our politicians could have matched them.

Richard
04-06-2010, 09:03
"...defended himself for 10 minutes..."

Must've been using the ol' French 'Maginot' method of defense - didn't work to well for the French, either. :rolleyes:

Richard

SF18C
04-06-2010, 12:41
How do you lose all four limbs in TRAINING!? How can that even happen!? What were they training with axes or something?

Learning how to escape when being “drawn and quartered”. It was right aftrer keelhauling!

98G
04-06-2010, 14:13
Learning how to escape when being “drawn and quartered”. It was right aftrer keelhauling!

As I recall, something about loss of blood and severe frost bite. And training is their term for hazing as well as actual training.

akv
04-06-2010, 15:59
Somehow I don't think this results in Russia dropping Bayonet training :confused: