PDA

View Full Version : "THIS MEDAL, I'M WEARING IT, BUT IT DON'T BELONG TO ME."

chance
04-01-2010, 01:26
I know it may be corny, but everyday I watch, read or listen to at least one story of a great American that has givin there all in the name of our country or the brother hood of Warriors. And I do this to honor them for as long as there story is told or heard they are not forgotten, but today I would like to share one that I have watched many time's. just add the www.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5DxRO_MJko&playnext_from=TL&videos=zJHCqxU1ajY&feature=grec

Green Light
04-01-2010, 09:14
I don't know how you can watch something like that without tears welling up in your eyes. Those who earn that medal are magnificent human beings. I've had the honor of meeting or serving with several. They are the embodiment of what selfless sacrifice means.

greenberetTFS
04-01-2010, 10:38
I don't know how you can watch something like that without tears welling up in your eyes. Those who earn that medal are magnificent human beings. I've had the honor of meeting or serving with several. They are the embodiment of what selfless sacrifice means.

I completely agree,I had a book on the recipients that earned that medal and their stories were incredible...........:lifter

Big Teddy :munchin

Utah Bob
04-01-2010, 14:44
Virtually every MOH recipient seems to think that the medal belongs to their buddies. Good men all.

Tatonka316
04-01-2010, 14:50
Over the past fewyears, it has been one of the greatest honors of my life to get to meet and actually know several of these amazing men! It was amazing to see so many at COL Howard's interment at Arlington in February, and Utah Bob is right - they ALL would much rather talk about their brothers and how much thoses men mean to them!

Thank you for sharing this videoclip! I had seen it when it ran initially on NBC, but it is NOW in my "Favorites" so I can watch it often!!!:D

molon labe:lifter

Team Sergeant
04-01-2010, 18:28
There's a couple of them that joined this website. (And no I'm not going to tell you who they are, we know and that's all that matters.)

I will also tell you there are men out there today and for the last nine years that deserve the CMH, but will never be awarded only because of who we currently fight, no living soldier will be awarded, period.

I'm sure you can figure out why. It's sad the lenghts we go not to "offend".

TS

Tatonka316
04-01-2010, 18:44
Thank you TS - I couldn't agree more!!! I personally know several warriors, as I am sure many of us do, that should have been awarded the Medal of Honor but I am concerned that it will probably never happen.

But, for each of these amazing men, like those that have received the Medal of Honor - THEY are and continue to be more concerned about their brothers. I will spend the rest of my life thanking them for all of us.

molon labe

Ambush Master
04-01-2010, 19:29
As most of you know, Bob Howard was my CO at CCC. Also while I was there Doug Miller received his, TWO MOH RECIPIENTS in Recon Company at the same time. Jon Cavaiani went through Phase One with me and I came to know Fred Zabitosky and a couple of other Recipients through the SOA.

Several that attended Col Howard's ceremony gathered at the Hyatt in Crystal City the night before. To a man, they are all like a long lost friend and humble beyond belief.

God Bless Them ALL!!
Martin

Gypsy
04-02-2010, 11:28
There's a couple of them that joined this website. (And no I'm not going to tell you who they are, we know and that's all that matters.)

TS

Knowing they are here is enough, at least for me.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

hoepoe
04-03-2010, 10:01
Extraordinary men indeed.

Humbling.

Hoepoe