PDA

View Full Version : Sunni-Shiite conflict (Question)

nmap
03-29-2010, 17:31
A few days ago, I received an e-mail filled with breathless prose about an incipient conflict between Sunni dominated Islamic nations and Shiite dominated nations, particularly Iran. The piece suggests that 2/3 of global oil reserves are within the area of conflict, leading to the supposition that $200 per bbl oil prices await.

Clearly, they are selling a product and seek to create a sense of urgency. Therefore, I recognize that they have probably overstated things rather badly. On the other hand, the area seems to have chronic instability - and I really don't know anything about the current state of the area. The mainstream press provides minimal detail. And, clearly, anything that has an effect on the markets intrigues me.

So....any thoughts, comments, or insights on the possibility of such a conflict?

By the way - after some hesitation, I include part of the piece. I suspect it will cause a chuckle or two.

-----Excerpt Begins------------------

Could oil and gas prices soar to record new levels by 2011?

You'd better believe they could.

In the report below you'll see proof on how a devastating 1,354-year- old destructive force has been unleashed in the Middle East - and how it could be about to freeze world access to OPEC oil in a way even the Iraq wars never did!

You'll even learn the steps you need to take to shield your wealth if this happens.

I urge you...if you read anything this weekend, make it the report below.

Byron King
Resource Expert for The Daily Reckoning

1,354 Years in the Making:
The "NEW" War
That Could Rocket Oil
Past $220 Before 2011
by Byron King, Editor

What could be eight times bigger than the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan — and lethal enough to at least DOUBLE the price of gas and oil next year?
Brace yourself for the "new" and bloody war nobody saw coming... by bunkering down against soaring energy costs, thanks to a "safe haven" financial plan that could pay you gains up to 668%...

Nobody in the Pentagon will talk openly about it. Nobody in the White House knows what to do.

But make no mistake...

What I'm about to show you could be the deadliest surprise threat to your money and livelihood of the coming year.

I say "new" because as you'll see there's not much new about it at all — the pressure's been building behind this for the last 1,354 years!

Yet for the first time in history, that pressure has found its release. I’m imagining a volcano of blood.

When it blows, you could see your savings get SLAMMED... the dollar thrown into a TAILSPIN... and, here's what will stun the still-recovering world economy, gas and oil prices doubling or even tripling by sometime early in the coming year.

How on earth is that possible?

It's the last thing most people expect, from market pros to bumbling D.C. bureaucrats... but if nothing changes in what I'm about to show you... this is a page in future history books that's already writing itself.

I'll show you the evidence myself.

If I'm right, as many as eight key Islamic countries are hurtling headlong toward a bloody "new" war — with each other — that's been FOURTEEN CENTURIES in the making.

This could begin as early as the next 12 to 18 months. And with no less than 66% of the world's key energy reserves smack dab in the crosshairs.
Sound impossible?

Even if I'm only half right, and we get an oil-state stalemate unlike anything the world has ever seen — you could see oil soar past the old high of $147.30 per barrel, well on its way to as much as $220... with gasoline bucking against a ceiling of $8 per gallon.

I'll show you how this unfolds below.

You'll see the maps, I'll name the names. And I'll reveal to you the stunning web of "secret revenge" that lies behind it all... waiting over 1,354 years for this moment!

-------Excerpt Ends----------------

Richard
03-29-2010, 17:47
Things aren't always what they seem...

http://www.natebloch.com/thetalk.html

Richard's $.02 :munchin

SF-TX
03-29-2010, 19:00
Things aren't always what they seem...

http://www.natebloch.com/thetalk.html

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Reminds me of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhw5VDy8Do

nmap
03-29-2010, 19:13
Thank you both - I think I understand the point. ;)

Penn
04-06-2010, 07:06
Reminds me of Sister Marie.....

Mississippi10
04-06-2010, 07:27
Something-teen years ago, Sadaam and the ayatollahs had a pretty good little tiff going - but they didn't let it screw up the bread and butter oil production. The various branches of Islam have been at each other's throats for 1300+ years, as stated, but it's always been very localized or very low-intensity or both.