PDA

View Full Version : National Guard SGM John Letuli

Team Sergeant
03-25-2010, 16:17
Can you guess the "SPECIAL FORCES" FRAUD IN THIS PICTURE?

National Guard SGM John Letuli

North Carolina Army National Guard, 30th HBCT

We've been tracking this dirtbag since last November. He's on the CSM list. He's probably still on the Army National Guard CSM list. This scumbag deployed with the 101st last NOV to Iraq, as a "Special Forces" SGM, but funny thing, Letuli ain't never been in Special Forces, ever.

You see those CSM's on the right, that's CSM Malloy, CSM of the mighty 101st Airborne Division, he's the real deal. The CSM on the far right, that's CSM Grippe, he's also the real deal. The two SGM's on the left, I don't know but I'm sure they are the real deals. That piece of shit in the middle wearing A SPECIAL FORCES COMBAT PATCH is a NORTH CAROLINA NATIONAL GUARD SGM AND A TOTAL FRAUD.

FOR SIX MONTHS WE'VE BEEN TRACKING THIS BOTTOM FEEDER WAITING FOR ACTION, NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL. NOW HE'S GOING TO BE FAMOUS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY THIS AND SEND IT TO EVERY MILITARY WEBSITE YOU KNOW. THIS SCUMBAG SHOULD BE IN JAIL, BUT HE'S WALKING ABOUT USING MILITARY BENEFITS AND WILL MOST LIKELY BE ALLOWED TO RETIRE AS A SGM. AS FAR AS I KNOW NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO HIM, NOTHING.

[Edit to add, we've been tracking this dirtbag since SEPT of last year, not NOV, I just checked my emails.]

Team Sergeant
03-25-2010, 16:49
Getting your face in in the local newspaper, great, standing next to the 101st CSM for a photo op, outstanding! Getting busted wearing a SPECIAL FORCES COMBAT PATCH THAT YOU DID NOT EARN, PRICELESS!!!!!

From Samoa to Iraq, Via North Carolina
By Sgt. Robert JordanPublished: August 16, 2009
Posted in: News

BAGHDAD — The U.S. Army is the biggest “family” in the world, spread across thousands of miles, but for one Soldier the familial relations seem surprisingly close to home.

Command Sgt. Maj. John Letuli, of Lillington, N.C., with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team, found a tie to his native Samoa with four other senior enlisted U.S. Army leaders in Iraq.

They have all served with U.S. Pacific Command Sergeant Major Iuniasolua Savusa, who assumed the Camp Smith, Hawaii-based position this summer. Savusa’s last post was as command sergeant major of NATO’s International Security and Assistance Force and U.S. Forces in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Letuli, who claims ties to Iliili/Futiga, American Samoa, and Malie, Independent State of Samoa, deployed as the Iraqi security forces team Multi-National Division – Baghdad command sergeant major.

He shares the distinction of having served with Savusa with Iraq-based Command Sergeants Major John Swart, 30th Heavy Brigade Combat Team; Lawrence Wilson, Multi-National Force – Iraq; Rory Malloy, Multi-National Division – Baghdad and Frank Grippe, Multi-National Corps – Iraq.

Letuli says he looked up to Savusa throughout his time in service. “He is an inspiration,” said Letuli. “We all admire him. He has done so much, and everybody speaks highly of him.”

As the Iraqi security forces team sergeant major, Letuli works with Iraqi security forces and all branches of U.S. forces in the country.

http://www.nc.ngb.army.mil/index.php/2009/08/from-samoa-to-iraq-via-north-carolina/

The Reaper
03-25-2010, 17:02
Incredible.

Six months and no action.

Looks like someone is trying for a cover up, just waiting for it to blow over.

If I were one of the CSMs in the pic, or his commander, I would be pissed.

TR

greenberetTFS
03-25-2010, 17:31
Incredible.

Six months and no action.

Looks like someone is trying for a cover up, just waiting for it to blow over.

If I were one of the CSMs in the pic, or his commander, I would be pissed.

TR

TR, Doesn't the "Stolen Valor" act cover shit like he's trying to pull off ? :confused:

Big Teddy :munchin

The Reaper
03-25-2010, 18:17
TR, Doesn't the "Stolen Valor" act cover shit like he's trying to pull off ? :confused:

You would think that, AR 670-1, the UCMJ, and the Army Values would as well.

TR

Richard
03-25-2010, 18:19
You would think that, AR 670-1, the UCMJ, and the Army Values would as well.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Richard

CSM-H
03-25-2010, 18:57
Hey to all, below is the e-mail I just sent to CSM Savusa. Included is the CSM's email. Hope this helps bring the dirt bag dow.

CSM Savusa, Hey there you may not remember me; CSM(R) Earnie Holifield we lived across the street from each other at Fort Campbell. Before I go any firther congrats on your continuing climb in the CSM ranks and a job well done.

I saw a picture of you on the internet with several CSM (while) in Iraq. One of the CSM’s is an individual named Letuli. He has a SF combat patch and is wearing an SF tab……Both of which are unauthorized and unearned. His record in all over “The Quiet Professionals” web site as a fraud and apparently has been called on it several times but is still wearing unauthorized badges and patches.

I would appreciate it if you could take time from your busy schedule to look into this issue as it is a big one to us in and around the SF community. V/R, CSM (R) Earnie Holifield

PS: for those who want it to contact CSM Savusa - PM me. Edited by Richard.

rltipton
03-26-2010, 15:14
Perhaps if you live away from the flagpole the Army doesn't care as much? I recall a SGM in SWC getting in BIG trouble for wearing a Ranger Tab, Scuba bubble, and MFF wings he was not authorized back around '98ish. He DID earn his SF tab, but that was it. Sad part was he was well liked and respected, and a damn good company SGM, then that. Ugh... How insulting to the whole community, but not nearly as bad as this assclown. grr

So is the POW network in on exposing this guy, and what else can we do? How can I help?

Pete
03-27-2010, 10:03
SGM Letuli, either you are or you are not.

There is no middle ground.

So just when did you go to the Q Course?

Which SF Group did you serve overseas with and when?

Simple answers work best.

Team Sergeant
03-27-2010, 10:44
SGM Letuli, either you are or you are not.

There is no middle ground.

So just when did you go to the Q Course?

Which SF Group did you serve overseas with and when?

Simple answers work best.

SGM Letuli was asked this very question and lied.

I'm sure SGM/CSM Letuli will now retire will full military benefits.

SGM/CSM Letuli probably didn't realize that wearing a Special Forces COMBAT PATCH that he did not earn, was just a little mistake and will be overlooked by his North Carolina National Guard Command and the US Army.

greenberetTFS
03-27-2010, 10:56
SGM Letuli was asked this very question and lied.

I'm sure SGM/CSM Letuli will now retire will full military benefits.

SGM/CSM Letuli probably didn't realize that wearing a Special Forces COMBAT PATCH that he did not earn, was just a little mistake and will be overlooked by his North Carolina National Guard Command and the US Army.

TS,if your right it's a real bitch and makes you believe the NG doesn't care enough to properly handle this type of situation!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

SF-TX
03-27-2010, 12:43
TS,if your right it's a real bitch and makes you believe the NG doesn't care enough to properly handle this type of situation!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

Each state handles the situation differently. In Texas, we have busted several and they have been dealt with appropriately.

abc_123
03-27-2010, 20:05
Each state handles the situation differently. In Texas, we have busted several and they have been dealt with appropriately.

TX isn't the only state that will clean house.

Team Sergeant
04-06-2010, 08:24
I just wanted to make sure that everyone also know this scumbag is also wearing an SF "TAB" he did not earn.

Five bucks says he walks with full military benefits, E-9 rank and an honorable discharge.

We've also found out this individual has been engaged in this sort activity (pretending to be a Special Forces soldier) since he was a SSG.

I'm sure his North Carolina National Guard Commander is proud of National Guard SGM John Letuli.

TS

1stindoor
04-15-2010, 20:42
I was just curious to know if there was any new information on this knucklehead?

Team Sergeant
05-14-2010, 18:27
North Carolina National Guard SGM John Letuli

Guess what someone told me today, that SGM John Letuli is not this individuals real name.

And that he was actually active duty US Army under a different name, was thrown out of the Army and then went to Samoa and enlisted in the National Guard under a different name and SSN.

All of you please feel free to forward this information to the North Carolina NG and the FBI or else this fraud is going to retire from the US Army as a Sr. Enlisted NCO with full military honors and retirement pay.

This individual needs a prison uniform.

greenberetTFS
05-29-2010, 12:20
I just hope this pecker head doesn't show up at some hallowed ground in that uniform he has disgraced.......... :mad::mad::mad:

Team Sergeant
06-05-2010, 13:57
WOW, North Carolina National Guard SGM John Letuli sure has "friends" in high places!!!!! Go read this blog:

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=18312

Oh shit, someone stepped on their crank, seems all those that said something "good" about North Carolina National Guard SGM John Letuli (scumbag and lying fraud)they ALL CAME FROM THE SAME COMPUTER!!!!!!

Jonn Lilyea Says:
June 5th, 2010 at 9:38 am
In case no one has figured it out yet, these are all the same guy;

The IP is coming from Sanford, NC (outside of Fayetteville) and he’s been googling “John Letuli” to get here. I suspect it’s John Letuli himself.

SGM John Letuli you're cracking me up.....;)
I'm sure the North Carolina National Guard is proud of you.

Not only are you a lying scumbag and bottom feeder, seems you also possess the intellectual capacity of a dust-mite.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror is beyond me.

Team Sergeant

Green Light
06-05-2010, 14:36
This guy's about as sneaky as an elephant in tennis shoes. Throw the book at him!

Team Sergeant
06-05-2010, 14:44
This guy's about as sneaky as an elephant in tennis shoes. Throw the book at him!

The next story that needs to be investigated is some of the Sr. Army Samoans that KNEW National Guard SGM John Letuli was a fraud and a liar and allowed him to remain in uniform.

I've been told that more than one Sr. Enlisted Samoan (CSM's and SGM's) knew Letuli was thrown out of the Army under a different name and re-enlisted using a different Samoan name.

It makes sense now having heard that Army Sr. Samoan Enlisted soldiers wanted to keep this Letuli story hush hush.

Team Sergeant

Sonic03svtCobra
06-06-2010, 17:15
Deserves nothing less then a dishonerable discharge with jail time and a nice story on the cover of the NY Post telling everyone what a dirtbag he is.
anyone pull a criminal records check on him yet.

Team Sergeant
06-08-2010, 22:11
Deserves nothing less then a dishonerable discharge with jail time and a nice story on the cover of the NY Post telling everyone what a dirtbag he is.
anyone pull a criminal records check on him yet.

Sad thing is that he's going to receive a slap on the wrist and be allowed to stay a Master Sergeant, and, most likely retire as an E-8 with full military benefits.

The Special Forces Tab and Special Forces Combat Patch were not the only items National Guard SGM John Letuli was lying about in his records.

Funny how this story of a lying SGM coward doesn't make the Army Times, I guess the hush hush of the Sr. Samoan Army Enlisted had an effect.

A little bird has told me that a few Samoan CSM's,SGM and an SFC at Ft Bragg (and else where) knew full well National Guard SGM John Letuli was a fake and a fraud.

I'm thinking the Army Inspector General needs some new mail to read. This story is bigger than the spineless coward known as National Guard SGM John Letuli.

National Guard SGM John Letuli you are a bottom feeder and a spineless coward poser.

TS

greenberetTFS
06-10-2010, 16:10
What happen to the FBI's follow up on this scum bag? Or the Stolen Valor act?
I think I've mentioned the Samoan Ist Sgt Keoloa(?) Who was at the Division theater recruiting potential young troopers to enlisting in SF by taking a short discharge and reenlisting for 6 years.......... About 100 guys did it,myself included and were assigned to the 77th Special Forces Group,this was around April 1956.......We were all under 21 and ended up being called "Bank's Babies"..........;) It didn't last long they had a cut back and we were the first to be assigned to the 11th Airborne Div. in Germany.........1St. Sgt. Keoloa was nicked name the "Pineapple" but no one had the"cojones" to say it to him in person.......;) He was 6'5'' tall and his body was built like a rock.......He was the real ma-coy Samoan,and I think we should have called him Big Bad John instead............;)

Team Sergeant
06-30-2010, 20:31
SGM John Letuli was seen yesterday, on Ft Bragg wearing CSM rank.

Do you need me to type that in again?

SGM John Letuli was seen yesterday, on Ft Bragg wearing CSM rank.

What is wrong with our Army leaders?

Richard
06-30-2010, 20:37
The Samoans I used to hang with in SF would not have allowed this guy to stain the reputations they had earned through their honorably tenacious service - they would have handled this one 'in house.'

Times have certainly changed.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Eagle5US
06-30-2010, 21:17
Nothing surprises me anymore....NOTHING.
And I am NOT proud to be able to say that.

Eagle

- 27 down, 3 to go.
Heaven help me to make it......

heathk
07-07-2010, 20:15
Someone tell me this POS is not walking away. I"ll look him up and beat his ass myself...

Richard
07-07-2010, 21:32
And here's our 'hero' in all his 'official' self-awarded glory - what a jackass. :mad:

ZonieDiver
07-07-2010, 22:39
This is a very sad situation. Is there no one in SF who is willing to risk their 'star <s> or stripes on setting this right, pushing it to the max???

Team Sergeant
07-08-2010, 11:20
Someone tell me this POS is not walking away. I"ll look him up and beat his ass myself...

letuli is not only "walking" but he's going to retire at least as an E-8.

And let's not forget he placed real soldiers lives in danger while serving as a "Special Forces SGM" in Iraq, well, until he went AWOL.

My new theory is no one will touch letuli because if they bust him (prison) he will then squeal like the bottom feeding coward he is and give up the names of some of the current and former Samoan Sr. Army Enlisted, SGM's and CSM's that knew he was a fraud.

Yup, he's going to walk on this one, not bad for a bottom feeding coward.

greenberetTFS
07-08-2010, 11:35
letuli is not only "walking" but he's going to retire at least as an E-8.

And let's not forget he placed real soldiers lives in danger while serving as a "Special Forces SGM" in Iraq, well, until he went AWOL.

My new theory is no one will touch letuli because if they bust him (prison) he will then squeal like the bottom feeding coward he is and give up the names of some of the current and former Samoan Sr. Army Enlisted, SGM's and CSM's that knew he was a fraud.

Yup, he's going to walk on this one, not bad for a bottom feeding coward.

I give up,no Stolen Valor punishment,nothing can touch him now.......... :mad: WTF, this really is a shame,a dirty rotten shame!!!!...........:mad:

swatsurgeon
07-08-2010, 12:59
has anyone contacted the news media to let them have a field day with this one?

ss

Eagle5US
07-08-2010, 17:43
If I can get some no shit paperwork...I'll walk it over to the Commandant of the SGM Academy here on Bliss.
MAYBE that would get SOMETHING going??? I find it tremendously difficult to believe that "no one cares" about this bullshit.

Eagle

The Reaper
07-08-2010, 19:24
If I can get some no shit paperwork...I'll walk it over to the Commandant of the SGM Academy here on Bliss.
MAYBE that would get SOMETHING going??? I find it tremendously difficult to believe that "no one cares" about this bullshit.

Eagle

I would say that DA looking photo with the SF Tab and someone pulling his 2-1 or whatever the ERB is called these days should do it.

Ask the Commandant if that is how an E-9 in the NCO Corps should be demonstrating the Army Values.

He has an active IG complaint against him in the Guard.

It is also possible that action is pending or has been completed and he is still walking around post with his CSM uniform on.

TR

Pete
07-20-2010, 07:17
This week's Army Times has a story about SGM Stoney Crump up at Walter Reed.

He's been fired after ".........wore or claimed honors that he did not earn, Army officials confirmed."

Still wondering about our guy. What's up with the high muckety mucks and CSMs in SF?

Team Sergeant
07-20-2010, 09:02
This week's Army Times has a story about SGM Stoney Crump up at Walter Reed.

He's been fired after ".........wore or claimed honors that he did not earn, Army officials confirmed."

Still wondering about our guy. What's up with the high muckety mucks and CSMs in SF?

SF Command doesn't own letuli's ass, big Army and NG does.

He's going to be allowed retire with full VA benefits. I'd also bet a million bucks based on his lying and fraud the coward puts in for and receives 100% PTSD for being in the sandbox with the 101st ABN Div. Any bets?

Team Sergeant
08-29-2010, 11:39
Guess where our resident scumbag, liar, fraud and coward will be working........

National Guard SGM John Letuli word is out you bottom feeding coward.

I cannot believe you are still in uniform. You got something on the North Carolina Army National Guard Commander?

"his next duty assignment will be the Camp Butner Training Site in Stem, NC.
Its a NC National Guard training. The deal is that he's being shuffled there until his retirement, which is roughly 18-24 months."

Dozer523
08-29-2010, 20:19
"his next duty assignment will be the Camp Butner Training Site in Stem, NC.
Its a NC National Guard training. The deal is that he's being shuffled there until his retirement, which is roughly 18-24 months."[/COLOR] Not on the full time dime, I hope.

hjcook
08-29-2010, 20:35
I am taking this on as an "additional duty," and I will see what I can stir up in both the NGB and the NC training site where he is supposed to be employed. I will also be seeking some publicity for this dog crap excuse for a soldier. I will be reporting back as soon as I make some progress.
De Oppresso Liber !
H

alright4u
08-29-2010, 21:33
This fool is not the man, not even remotely, like those real SF NCO's and old COL's you and I plus many others here admired, wanted to emulate, and; I just wanted to earn that respect. Many a man we knew died. This POS need not get near any real SF man.

1stindoor
08-30-2010, 06:31
The deal is that he's being shuffled there until his retirement, which is roughly 18-24 months."[/COLOR]

I feel ill.

Snaquebite
08-30-2010, 08:20
I am taking this on as an "additional duty," and I will see what I can stir up in both the NGB and the NC training site where he is supposed to be employed. I will also be seeking some publicity for this dog crap excuse for a soldier. I will be reporting back as soon as I make some progress.
De Oppresso Liber !
H

COL Cook,

You just may have the right connections that we have been seeking. Good luck.

Team Sergeant
10-31-2010, 22:03
Got an email today from a real soldier concerning the North Carolina National Guard coward, fake fraud and liar the Samoan SGM john letuli.

Guess who is the cowards best friend?

The CSM of the North Carolina National Guard. ( I don't know who that is, yet.)

Now we know why letuli's not been busted and he's going to retire an E-9. YES E-9.

Screw all you real soldiers of the North Carolina National Guard, there's nothing you can do.

SF COMBAT PATCH, FAKE, SF TAB, FAKE, SF MFF Wings, FAKE, PURPLE HEART, FAKE.

AND THIS SAMOAN BOTTOM FEEDING COWARD WILL BE ALLOWED TO RETIRE AS AN E-9.

PERSONALLY, I'D SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE NORTH CAROLINA NATIONAL GUARD OVER THIS ONE.

Team Sergeant

Richard
11-01-2010, 04:32
My Uncle Leonard served as an Infantryman fighting across Central Europe in Co I, 120th Inf Rgt of the 30th ID during WW2. The pic is of him taken at Malmedy, Be, in 1944. He and the honest vets who gave their all in earning the reputation of the 30th would surely be rolling over in their graves if they knew of the fraud now taking place within that storied unit.

The State CSM is SCSM Stephen W. Boyles who has a tracked vehicle/aviation repairer background. His bio is at:

http://www.nc.ngb.army.mil/pa/documents/Boyles%20Bio%20-%2020091007.pdf

The NCARNG IG info is at:

http://www.nc.ngb.army.mil/index.php/resources/ig/

I wonder if the Governor and the Raleigh newspapers are aware of this fraud taking place in their midst? I will be writing them today. :mad:

Richard :munchin

Green Light
11-01-2010, 05:05
Richard - Now THAT'S a soldier! In the thick of it with a smile on his face. No Rambo for that guy. My respects to your uncle. Everyone who was in that regiment in Belgium deserves our respect. It's a shame that there are those who wear that lineage who can't live up to the integrity and warrior ethos of their forebearers.

I won't sully his memory by mentioning the name of that fake in the same post.

Viking
11-05-2010, 05:51
Looks like CSM Boyles needs some range time and to pick better friends.

Richard
11-05-2010, 05:58
From what I saw and heard when training Guard units, politics is as integral to the functioning of a Guard HQs as is toliet paper to a useable latrine stall in the barracks - and this case certainly confirms that observation.

greenberetTFS
11-06-2010, 14:50
Richard,

Isn't that the picture they took of you at your retirement party?...........:D;):D

RB
11-09-2010, 14:18
JFHQ-NC-IG Staff:
State Inspector General - COL John Sutton
Deputy IG - MAJ Mark McMahan
Detailed IG (M-Day) - MAJ Chris Castro
Assistant IG - MSG Thomas Childers
Assistant IG - MSG David Lewis

How to contact us: * Phone: 919-664-6266

What is an Inspector General?
The Inspector General is a special staff officer of the commander, providing the commander with a sounding board for sensitive issues. The IG is an extension of the commander’s eyes, ears, and conscience. The role of the Inspector General is to determine and report on the economy, efficiency, discipline, morale, esprit de corps, readiness, and resources of the command. In other words, the Inspector General is interested in every aspect of the command.

Col Sutton, I'd say you're dead in the middle of this one.

JFHQ-NC-IG Functions:
The four basic functions of the Inspector General are used to accomplish our mission. Those functions are as follows:

* Assistance – Anyone may submit a complaint or request for assistance to an Army/ Air Force IG concerning matters of interest to the Army/Air Force.
* Inspection – IG’s conduct inspections at the direction of the commander. An IG inspection may focus on organizations, functions or both and may or may not be compliance oriented.
* Investigation – IG’s only conduct investigations when directed by the commander. The investigation will focus on violations of policy or regulations. The commander may also direct an investigation into alleged mismanagement, unethical behavior, or misconduct.

This one, too....pay close attention to the 'unethical behavior' part....

* Teaching and Training – Teaching and training is integral part of the first three functions. IG’s by their very nature possess a wealth of knowledge and experience. They use this knowledge and experience when assisting, inspecting, and investigating to teach Soldiers/Airmen at all levels about policies and procedures.

Things to remember about the IG:

* Anyone can file a complaint and/or request for assistance either orally or in writing to the IG.
* Airmen/Soldiers cannot be denied access to an IG. They do not have to go through their chain of command. They do not need permission to call or see an IG. They do need to exercise common sense and they cannot leave their place of duty without permission.
* No retribution will be taken against a Soldier who submits a complaint to an IG, however, anyone who knowingly submits an untruthful statement to an IG can be charged under the UCMJ.

Consider this thread my complaint....along with a written statement sent earlier today.

Get'sum TS! :mad:

greenberetTFS
11-09-2010, 15:10
From what I saw and heard when training Guard units, politics is as integral to the functioning of a Guard HQs as is toliet paper to a useable latrine stall in the barracks - and this case certainly confirms that observation.

Remind me again why we went with SF NG Groups and dropped the SF Army Reserve Groups!.............:confused:

The Reaper
11-09-2010, 18:21
Remind me again why we went with SF NG Groups and dropped the SF Army Reserve Groups!.............:confused:

Combat Arms were supposed to be consolidated in the Guard, Combat Support and Combat Service Support in the Reserves.

TR

The Reaper
11-09-2010, 18:26

Combat Arms were supposed to be consolidated in the Guard, Combat Support and Combat Service Support in the Reserves.

A complaint has already been filed with the NCNG IG. Given the length of time, it would appear that either they did not pursue it, or the chain of command was informed and elected to do nothing (beyond pulling him out of his BDE CSM slot).

Next step would be a DAIG complaint.

TR

PRB
11-09-2010, 20:29

Because of the Guards Status (Governors, Senators, Congressmen) and political pull the comment was made at the time...
"SF is going to lose two Groups...they can be in the Reserve or Active duty but two will go......"

Richard
11-09-2010, 20:46
Remind me again why we went with SF NG Groups and dropped the SF Army Reserve Groups!

Post GW1 and the reorganization of the neo-kumbayah Army, non-AD Combat Arms were to be consolidated in the Guard and Combat Support and Combat Service Support in the Reserves.

Under the plans, the majority of combat arms perceived to be necessary for the post-Cold War world scenario(s) were to be active duty with the majority of the support elements comng from the reserves as needed (since the Reserves are under direct federal control while the Guard remains predominantly under state control unless mobilized). Reserve CS/CSS were (presumably) easier to mobilize and integrate with AD forces due to their direct civilian/military skill interface while the Combat Arms forces were viewed as needing an extended 'train up' period before useful integration with IN/AR/FA/ADA/SF units.

Under this scenario and because the SF units were deemed Combat Arms, they came out of the Reserves and were consolidated under the Guard.

I was in the OACS-CMO, 21st TAACOM, at the time working for LTG Pagonis and involved with the CA slice of this 'doctrinal three ring circus' for USAREUR/USEUCOM/NATO - made me realize it was time to retire.

And so it goes...

abc_123
11-09-2010, 22:26

TR

Rgr. There is both logic and illogic in this arrangement. Yes, the NG adds complexity and more asspain over the USAR, but at the same time there is truth in the statement that the nation is not at war until the NG is at war. Like it or not, as things stand now, it is not possible to undertake a large-scale, sustained combat operation without the NG. Period. This acts as a de facto check on the power of the Executive Branch. Is this a bad thing? Was this not one of the many lessons to come out of the Vietnam era?

Sure, did politics play a part in the specific decision on the SF Groups int he USAR and NG? Sure, no doubt. However, was the end result a bad thing, given our system of civilian control of the military? I don't think so.

Pete
11-29-2010, 08:29
Senior NCO Busted for Unauthorized Medals

http://www.military.com/news/article/senior-nco-busted-for-unauthorized-medals.html?ESRC=eb.nl

"A senior noncommissioned officer with the North Carolina National Guard will be leaving the service a stripe lighter as a result of a Guard and Army investigation into his wearing unauthorized unit patches, tabs, decorations and badges..........."

Slap on the wrist.

Team Sergeant
11-29-2010, 09:12
"former Command Sgt. Maj." John Letuli, now that's funny.

Ouch, bet that is going to leave a mark.... Many Thanks to Bryant Jordan! (and Christian Lowe)

Senior NCO Busted for Unauthorized Medals
November 29, 2010
Military.com|by Bryant Jordan

A senior noncommissioned officer with the North Carolina National Guard will be leaving the service a stripe lighter as a result of a Guard and Army investigation into his wearing unauthorized unit patches, tabs, decorations and badges.

Officials would not offer details on the actions of former Command Sgt. Maj. John Letuli, but a retired Green Beret who had been pressuring for the investigation since September 2009 said he is outraged that the Guard and the Army appear to be letting Letuli retire with just "a slap on the wrist."

Retired Master Sgt. Jeffrey "JD" Hinton said he has written Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, hoping for a congressional inquiry into how the Army and North Carolina Guard handled their investigation of Letuli, including why he is not being more seriously disciplined.

The investigation was launched after Hinton published photos of Letuli on his website, Professsionalsoldiers.com. In one photo, Letuli is wearing a Special Forces patch and tab on his BDUs; in another, he is in Class As, wearing the Purple Heart and Soldier's Medal ribbons, and a Military Freefall Badge, or "HALO wings" -- none of which he earned.

As a result of the investigation, Letuli is in the process of retiring, but as a master sergeant, not a command sergeant major.

"Punishment has been dispensed," Maj. Matthew Handley said in a Nov. 22 e-mail. "The [punishment's] nature and severity I am not in a position to divulge."

Letuli is currently assigned to the 139th Regiment of the North Carolina National Guard. He declined a request for an interview.

Because he was on active duty at the time the allegations surfaced, First Army Division East based at Fort Meade, Md., took the lead in the investigation, Handley said. Calls and e-mails to First Army's public affairs and Judge Advocate's office were not returned.

Hinton, founder of ProfessionalSoldiers.com -- an online forum geared toward the Army spec ops community -- said he began looking into Letuli's patches, awards and decorations after a Soldier deployed to Iraq sent him a photo of Letuli with other command sergeants major. Hinton said the Soldier became suspicious of Letuli after asking him some questions about Special Forces that the senior NCO would not answer. Hinton, who is a retired Green Beret, said he contacted people in the active-duty Special Forces community for information.

"I sent the picture to Special Forces Command and they came back immediately and said, 'he's not SF,' " Hinton said. At that point, he began using the Freedom of Information Act to secure copies of official records, including a listing of Letuli's assignments, decorations, medals and badges.

The record does not list a Purple Heart or Soldier's Medal. It notes Letuli has a basic parachutist badge, but not the Military Freefall Badge.

Hinton said he's angry that Letuli appears to be retiring with full benefits, with only the loss of one stripe as punishment. "He needs to be court-martialed and thrown out," Hinton said. "How does an E-8 or E-9 get away with this, with only a slap on the wrist? I don't get it."

© Copyright 2010 Military.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.military.com/news/article/senior-nco-busted-for-unauthorized-medals.html

swatsurgeon
11-29-2010, 13:34
TS,
The good news is that PS.com is being recognized (as are you) of finding the frauds and exposing them. They are on notice that anyone is open to verification of awards earned and displayed. The public may not know any better, but PS.com has become an auditing and investigative tool for the army special forces community.
You should be proud of that fact.....the punishment may never fit the crime, but that is out of the realm of this site. You expose them as frauds and frequently find ones like Bill Hillar who takes advantage of both public and private entities and gains recognition, profit, etc and those are the ones who need to fall hard and fast.....AND BE ORDERED TO MAKE RESTITUTION TO THE GREEN BERET FOUNDATION :lifter

Great job IMHO.

ss

Snaquebite
11-29-2010, 23:27
I'm bumping this back to the top....This needs to be seen and hopefully will make its way throughout the media and Army hierachy.

Dozer523
11-30-2010, 06:42
"outraged" That's a good word.:D
Nice job TS!

Green Light
11-30-2010, 18:33
That SOB is a disgrace to master sergeants! He should be a private. Try retiring on that! He'll probably spend the rest of his days regaling the bubs at the bar about his SF days on a retired E8 paycheck. May he "rust" in peace.

JJ_BPK
12-02-2010, 07:56
I have been reading some of the comments,, this A$$-Ho actually has supporters??

25061581: Walt Edwards (ret, Army), Nov 29, 2010 10:31:35 PM

I have personally served with John Letuli on several occassions and I am disappointed that he felt the need to falsify his military experience. However, I can tell you that he is a caring NCO who has outstanding work ethic. He is also human and has obviously made a mistake. I don't think that he should be drawn and quartered. There are plenty of others out there who have done worse and walked away without even a look. Bottom line this boils down to what I think is a witch hunt. But before you cast stones, check your own Windows. If you don't care for my statements UFA. John call me, my number hasn't changed and I still got your 6.

sinjefe
12-02-2010, 08:02
It is truly unbelievable that anyone can stick up for this guy. Putting awards and decorations on your uniform that you have not earned and lying about it completely negates all the "caring and good work ethic". It is the corrupt belief in moral equivalency. The guy is a scumbag.

wet dog
12-02-2010, 11:05
Great, let's make our own Letuli, someone find a fairly descent looking and fit young man , say 18 yrs. old.

We will put more more medals, badges and awards then Murphy and Gritz combined, fabricate endless mission success stories, copy and paste NCOER's, 2-1, DD-214 and get him photographed in class A's, and ACUs in the field, real action stuff. We could even make him the youngest MSG on active duty, 18Z. Post it all over the internet so the MSM will pick it up. Once he makes it to the Larry King show and Oprah, we have TS expose the failing of the establishment in allowing this to be exhibited without vetting.

"But he's a nice guy".

Richard
12-02-2010, 11:26
I found this pic of that clown in appropriate attire for appearing among REAL Sergeants Major who truly earned the right to that title and bear it with pride and honor.

MVP
12-02-2010, 14:36
Have any of the other Sergeants Major in the picture weighed in on letuli?

MVP

Blueboy
12-02-2010, 23:03
Truly oustanding. Thank you TS and others for protecting the honor and integrity of our Regiment.

De Oppresso Liber,

Jamie

1stindoor
12-03-2010, 06:56
I found this pic of that clown

Great Pic!

greenberetTFS
12-03-2010, 13:48
I found this pic of that clown in appropriate attire for appearing among REAL Sergeants Major who truly earned the right to that title and bear it with pride and honor.

Richard,

I knew that your Photoshop would come in handy..............;)

Big Teddy

wet dog
12-03-2010, 13:57

"Sir, we are the C.L.O.W.N.S., we were never here, you know nothing about us, Clandestine, Liberating, Offensive, Weapons, (used for) National Security".

"Do you understand?"

PVT/E1 Letuli, (ret.)

wet dog
01-25-2011, 13:29
Got an email today from a real soldier concerning the North Carolina National Guard coward, fake fraud and liar the Samoan SGM john letuli.

Guess who is the cowards best friend?

The CSM of the North Carolina National Guard. ( I don't know who that is, yet.)

Now we know why letuli's not been busted and he's going to retire an E-9. YES E-9.

Screw all you real soldiers of the North Carolina National Guard, there's nothing you can do.

SF COMBAT PATCH, FAKE, SF TAB, FAKE, SF MFF Wings, FAKE, PURPLE HEART, FAKE.

AND THIS SAMOAN BOTTOM FEEDING COWARD WILL BE ALLOWED TO RETIRE AS AN E-9.

PERSONALLY, I'D SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE NORTH CAROLINA NATIONAL GUARD OVER THIS ONE.

Team Sergeant

This is the best post for the entire Letuli thread.

1stindoor
01-25-2011, 13:43
"Sir, we are the C.L.O.W.N.S., we were never here, you know nothing about us, Clandestine, Liberating, Offensive, Weapons, (used for) National Security".

"Do you understand?"

PVT/E1 Letuli, (ret.)

If you were around in the mid early 90's then you would remember the print that had the "Clandestine Liberators Of Wimpy Nations" at the top.

Stras
01-25-2011, 13:51
Command Sergeant Major Stephen W. Boyles is the Senior Enlisted Leader and State Command Sergeant Major for the North Carolina National Guard.

Pete
01-25-2011, 14:07
Command Sergeant Major Stephen W. Boyles is the Senior Enlisted Leader and State Command Sergeant Major for the North Carolina National Guard.

Well, we now know what "CSM" Boyles thinks about the whole "Integrity" issue - not much it would seem.

Hey Boyles - the next time you're fixin' to drop the hammer on some young troop remember what you didn't do to Letuli.

And all you young troops in the NCNG you now know what kind of man "CSM" Stephen W. Boyles is.

wet dog
01-25-2011, 14:17
Great, let's make our own Letuli, someone find a fairly descent looking and fit young man , say 18 yrs. old.

We will put more more medals, badges and awards then Murphy and Gritz combined, fabricate endless mission success stories, copy and paste NCOER's, 2-1, DD-214 and get him photographed in class A's, and ACUs in the field, real action stuff. We could even make him the youngest MSG on active duty, 18Z. Post it all over the internet so the MSM will pick it up. Once he makes it to the Larry King show and Oprah, we have TS expose the failing of the establishment in allowing this to be exhibited without vetting.

"But he's a nice guy".

The Reaper
01-25-2011, 14:18
It occurs to me that the state TAG and CSM serve at the pleasure of the state governor.

Anyone want to ask Governor Bev Perdue why she would allow this sort of political cover-up to occur in her State Guard?

http://www.governor.state.nc.us/forms/contact.aspx

Office of the Governor
Constituent Services Office
116 West Jones Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Phone: (800) 662-7952 or (919) 733-2391
Fax: (919) 733-2120
governor.office@nc.gov

Governor’s Office
Office of the Governor
20301 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-0301
Phone: (919)733-4240
Fax: (919)733-2120

If she doesn't take some action, the News and Observer might be interested in a corruption in the Guard story.

http://www.newsobserver.com/about/contact/

The News & Observer
215 South McDowell Street
P.O. Box 191
Raleigh, NC 27602
Main: (919) 829-4500
Customer Service: (800) 522-4205

Frankly, it looks like a cover-up or cronyism to me.

All of the soldiers I have known who wore unauthorized awards and decorations were not just allowed to retire in their current rank, they were UCMJed.

TR

craigepo
01-25-2011, 15:39
I would give the governor's office one chance. If they don't do the right thing, let the press know about it. Let the citizens of that great state decide what is the right thing to do. No free speech when you are still working for Uncle Sam.

greenberetTFS
01-25-2011, 17:30
I have been reading some of the comments,, this A$$-Ho actually has supporters??

If this guy is wearing an SF tab then he's just as much a "disgrace as his BSing buddy"......:(: He's got his 6 my ass!.............:mad:

MtnGoat
01-25-2011, 18:00
I will let some know that is a very good Friend with U.S. Representative Mike McIntyre, I know for some he is of the other side.. but this man is a strong support of Fort Bragg and Special Forces.

Team Sergeant
02-06-2011, 08:29
I have in my possession definitive proof that;

JOHN T LETULI WAS IN FACT PRIOR ENLISTED UNDER THE NAME OF JOHN L TUAPOLA.

I was told he was thrown out of the US Military during his first enlistment after committing a criminal act.........

Funny how the US Army and North Carolina army national guard didn't find that information.

He will be (or already has been) discharged as a SGM.

Great job to the North Carolina National Guard.

There's nothing better than a criminal receiving retirement benefits on behalf of a corrupt North Carolina Army National Guard Leadership and the taxpayers dime.

Team Sergeant
02-06-2011, 19:39
Look at the request numbers and dates, then look at the names of the records requested.

Same person, two names. Yeah it could have been a archive mistake on the name, until you see letuli's picture of him holding his real name.........

I was told by someone he was thrown out of the military, he then went back to Samoa and re-enlisted using another name.

And you are going to fund his retirement.

Time to bring down another house of cards.

Team Sergeant

Team Sergeant
02-07-2011, 09:28
National Guard SGM John Letuli aka John T Luapola, after what we've just uncovered we are now digging deeper into your past.

We now have documents showing you served in the US Army under two last names.

We are after more documents and we will find them.

A very large media outlet is also involved with your story and is also doing their own digging.

We're not done with the North Carolina National Guard leadership that allowed you to serve after finding out you were a complete liar and fraud.

I'm not done with you yet you bottom-feeding coward.

Team Sergeant

uplink5
02-07-2011, 10:34
National Guard SGM John Letuli aka John T Luapola, after what we've just uncovered we are now digging deeper into your past.

We now have documents showing you served in the US Army under two last names.

We are after more documents and we will find them.

A very large media outlet is also involved with your story and is also doing their own digging.

We're not done with the North Carolina National Guard leadership that allowed you to serve after finding out you were a complete liar and fraud.

I'm not done with you yet you bottom-feeding coward.

Team Sergeant

hehehehehehehehehehe......
(Could he and his would be protectors really be this dumb?)

Oh, and since you, "SGM John Letuli aka John T Luapola" are truly a hero in your own mind with cowards legs... hiding behind a stolen identity, as well as a stolen TAB! .....and who know what else?

know that:

Cowards die many times before their deaths
The valiant never taste of death but once.

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, Julius Caesar

and your valiant options are long gone buddy!!!

jd.........:munchin

Richard
02-07-2011, 14:03
Maybe Luapola was his maiden name before he fell in love with his heroic dream persona and married himself. ;)

exsquid
02-07-2011, 23:57
AKO lists him as John Tuapola Letuli. A quick Google search of "John Tuapola" gets numerous hits for "John Tuapola-Letuli". Sneaky sneaky guy.

x/S

wet dog
02-08-2011, 00:57
AKO lists him as John Tuapola Letuli. A quick Google search of "John Tuapola" gets numerous hits for "John Tuapola-Letuli". Sneaky sneaky guy.

x/S

The entire island is either 1st or 2nd cousins, same name does not surprise me.