PDA

View Full Version : Mark Twight/ Gym Jones

relentless
03-23-2010, 17:16
Men, I was tasked with finding all the information I can about "Gym Jones" ( http://www.gymjones.com). After doing a quick search on these forums, I only found a few results under mark twight:
1. "So who's doing something new"
2."Cross-Fit workout;From Men's Journal"
3. " PT - Bodyweight Only Training"
4. "Kiss or Kill: Confessions of a Serial Climber"

...but nothing for "Gym Jones".

The 2005 kiss or kill thread was a great start to getting an idea of Mark Twight's military involvement, but TR in his infinite wisdom ignorantly shot down the thread, and it didn't go anywhere. So, I'm reintroducing this topic.
Does anyone's units here use gym jones/mark twights methods/workouts to train? His foundational start as a climber/mountaineer must reflect in some physical way in most of his workouts. I believe this would be a great way to train for Astan if he does correlate the two.

" What's unique about Gym Jones isn't the equipment Twight rolls out when workouts are in full swing. Rather, it's the frequently life-threatening nature of the jobs for which his athletes are training. The guy you're spotting or timing has more important things in mind than simply getting a pump. "There are people in there who officially don't exist, if you catch my meaning, but you sleep better because they do," John explains. "It's a whole different world when you're training with folks whose lives are on the line."
-http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0801/is_8_70/ai_n32097549/pg_6/?tag=content;col1

Mark has also been a DOD contracter and the internet has little to nothing about his involvement. Can anyone share anything about this?

fng13
03-23-2010, 17:31
:eek::munchin

The Reaper
03-23-2010, 17:45
The 2005 kiss or kill thread was a great start to getting an idea of Mark Twight's military involvement, but TR in his infinite wisdom ignorantly shot down the thread, and it didn't go anywhere.

Please elaborate on my ignorance.

TR

dac
03-23-2010, 18:59
Oh, there you go again TR! Now THIS thread got shot down...

:munchin

Peregrino
03-23-2010, 19:38
Relentless - I must have misplaced my sense of humor - probably left it at work. I just wasted 30 seconds verifying that you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I don't have to tolerate attitudes from peers let alone internet clowns. I hope you have a nice day wherever you wind up in life but you're no longer invited to hang out here.

Books
03-23-2010, 19:40
You know, I don't post much for these kinds of things, but "WOW, What an IDIOT!!" That was pretty much awesome, in the true sense of the word. I think this would mark the finest example of situational awareness yet demonstrated, well. . . anywhere??!?

Relentless. . . I'm sure you're a very nice person. Go away.

craigepo
03-23-2010, 19:56
If you're wondering if punks like that ever get what's coming to them, don't.

I stomp 'em.

The Reaper
03-23-2010, 19:57
Relentless - I must have misplaced my sense of humor - probably left it at work. I just wasted 30 seconds verifying that you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I don't have to tolerate attitudes from peers let alone internet clowns. I hope you have a nice day wherever you wind up in life but you're no longer invited to hang out here.

I did the same thing looking up all of his posts here. I saw little, if any contribution, though he did call another guest a disrespectful name recently.

If you are not a QP, nor an SF candidate, nor a well-mannered, respectful guest, you should probably read rather than post, and avoid starting new threads name calling a QP.

Adios, have a very SF day.

TR

Pete
03-23-2010, 20:11
Just :D x 100

Jeez, my eyes are all squinty. Let me blink a couple of times so I can read the first post again.