PDA

View Full Version : Chem Recon Det

Machine
03-23-2010, 01:47
Hey guys as I stated in my introduction upon returning home I have a slot waiting at the chem recon det. I searched looking for more info on it but maybe I'm just not doing something right. Anyone have any info? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jay

Machine
03-29-2010, 23:12
Ok I have googled and searched and just can't find a lot of info. Of course being in Afghanistan my computer time is limited.

The Reaper
03-30-2010, 07:26
Is there a specific question here?

Have you tried to contact the gaining CRD?

TR

Machine
03-30-2010, 22:20
I guess the question I am asking is what kind of role a Det like this would play in a deployment.

Surgicalcric
03-30-2010, 22:29
I guess the question I am asking is what kind of role a Det like this would play in a deployment.

Have you called/emailed the 200th CRD in Birmingham and asked this question?

Crip

Machine
03-30-2010, 22:35
I have been in contact with the Det in Gadsden. Being here and having limited time to answer and reply to emails, the conversation is usually based around when I'll be back, getting me in the slot, scheduling schools, etc...

So basicly I figured this would be a good place to ask and get unbiased info. Every company always claims to be the pride of the BN regardless of where you are so sometimes it's best to ask outside the box. If that makes sense. Im exhausted lol

The Reaper
03-31-2010, 08:19
Again, what SPECIFICALLY are your questions?

TR

Machine
03-31-2010, 22:25
Ok how to word this...

In our non-chemical war zones what kind of role would a Det like this play once the BN deploys?

JJ_BPK
04-01-2010, 04:34
Ok how to word this...

In our non-chemical war zones what kind of role would a Det like this play once the BN deploys?

KP

Machine
04-01-2010, 04:46
Well Touche lol

Telecustom
08-31-2010, 19:10
Our CRD was the convoy crew for CJSOTF-AP. Another GRP had their CRD ran the detention center. It all depends on what GRP your in.

Pariah
09-02-2010, 17:21
Our CRD was the convoy crew for CJSOTF-AP. Another GRP had their CRD ran the detention center. It all depends on what GRP your in.

Sounds like some CRDs were being improperly utilized for their jobs. We actually do have have skills sets to assist teams. It's just a matter of the higher ups knowing our capabilities, and utilizing them correctly.

Telecustom
09-02-2010, 18:45
Well, CBRN guys being misused is nothing new. My Chem DET got really good at LN/TCN guard and I became a USR High Wizard.

Peregrino
09-05-2010, 10:21
Chem Dets are used IAW their capabilities and to the extent their respective commands have confidence in their capabilities/leadership. CRDs and Chem Dets are contributing to the war effort just like everybody else and nobody is going to discuss the hows here. That's all that needs to be said in this forum.

chemical cookie
09-20-2010, 20:41
Chem Dets are used IAW their capabilities and to the extent their respective commands have confidence in their capabilities/leadership. CRDs and Chem Dets are contributing to the war effort just like everybody else and nobody is going to discuss the hows here. That's all that needs to be said in this forum.

This and pretty much every post in this thread sums everything up in a nut shell. Who did you talk to and what did they say. PM me if you have any questions.