PDA

View Full Version : BIG OUCH!!!

Ambush Master
03-20-2010, 12:32
Last night in our narrow Pantry, I snagged my right foot in the Handle/Loop of one of the bags from SHOT Show and went down HARD!!

While exiting, I snagged the bag, but was just far enough from the threshold to not have anything to "GRAB"!! I went down and my "First Point Of Contact" was my left thigh. I also have a partially separated rib and some pain in my right knee and elbow. The Thigh is my main concern. It is swolen and the skin is tight, but there has not been any discoloration. I'm thinking that the Bursa surrounding the muscle group has been damaged.

Any ideas for Rx or therapy??

Thanks
Martin

wet dog
03-20-2010, 16:46
Sorry to hear the news, have you been icing the injury at all since the fall last night?

Time to start the heat in healing damaged tissue. Take some anti-imflam meds, aspirin, stay hydrated and call your doc Monday morning. Be sure to keep any weight off of the leg, keep still and take a nap. I recommend a few good movies, a cold beers in the left hand and the TV remote in the right.

Keep us in the loop on how things improve, good luck.

WD

orion5
03-20-2010, 21:13
M, jeez I'm sorry to hear that. :( Please take it easy and hopefully the wife will give you some pampering. Since it's snowing out tonight/tomorrow, good excuse to stay home!

And, uh, in the interim if you need someone to shine up the Triumph, let me know? :D

o5

Ambush Master
03-20-2010, 21:25
ALL.

It's not as bad as I feared. I'm moving OK, and as of this evening can take deep breaths without gritting my teeth. The leg is loosening up, and, I'm not applying any heat to it!!

Later.
Martin

CPTAUSRET
03-21-2010, 08:40
A M:

Sorry to read about this...I hope it all works out well for you.

T

Ambush Master
03-24-2010, 21:08
Well, today a "Bruise" has presented both below my knee and on the inner thigh!!

I did take the stairs to the second floor this morning, so I'll forego that route for a while!!

Take care.
Martin

Dozer523
03-24-2010, 22:30
just cuz it says TMC 14 don't mean we can read the x-ray.
ya might want to have someone take a look at it with eyeballs.:D
Sorry to hear you're banged up.

Axe
03-25-2010, 11:44
I hope you recover quickly.

greenberetTFS
03-25-2010, 12:29
Last night in our narrow Pantry, I snagged my right foot in the Handle/Loop of one of the bags from SHOT Show and went down HARD!!

While exiting, I snagged the bag, but was just far enough from the threshold to not have anything to "GRAB"!! I went down and my "First Point Of Contact" was my left thigh. I also have a partially separated rib and some pain in my right knee and elbow. The Thigh is my main concern. It is swolen and the skin is tight, but there has not been any discoloration. I'm thinking that the Bursa surrounding the muscle group has been damaged.

Thanks
Martin

Do you have any Jameson Gold to help medicate the pain? ;)

Big Teddy :munchin

Buck
03-25-2010, 12:33
M, jeez I'm sorry to hear that. :( Please take it easy and hopefully the wife will give you some pampering. Since it's snowing out tonight/tomorrow, good excuse to stay home!

And, uh, in the interim if you need someone to shine up the Triumph, let me know? :D

o5

My God woman, looking at your Avatar would be healing power enough for me...lol. And yes, I'm back, been gone a few weeks if nobody has noticed my lack of posts....:munchin

Buck

P.S. Oh, and almost forgot, if AM passes on the polishing, I could definately use some :)

JJ_BPK
03-25-2010, 13:02

Thanks
Martin

WHISKY,, Your choice,, Get well soon.. :D:D:D:D

ZonieDiver
03-25-2010, 14:23
And, uh, in the interim if you need someone to shine up the Triumph, let me know?

Is THAT what they're calling it these days. We used to have another phrase or two for it, but I like that one! :D

Get well, AM!

Ambush Master
03-25-2010, 19:01
Is THAT what they're calling it these days. We used to have another phrase or two for it, but I like that one! :D

Get well, AM!

She was referring to my Triumph Bonneville.