View Full Version : Ear plugs
timewilltell
03-15-2010, 13:07
I cant find a clear answer on this. Am I allowed to use ear plugs while training?
The Reaper
03-15-2010, 13:14
I cant find a clear answer on this. Am I allowed to use ear plugs while training?
What training are you doing?
You might want to use the Search button before starting new threads.
TR
timewilltell
03-15-2010, 13:21
During SFAS, and SFQC. Right after I hit the submit button I kicked myself in the ass for not be specific enough.
timewilltell
03-15-2010, 13:23
Ear plugs for water based activities, not the shooting range.
Ret10Echo
03-15-2010, 13:47
Hey partner.....why not slow down and take a breath before you hit the submit button again.
In fact that pause would be a good time to fill in your profile information. :rolleyes:
Snaquebite
03-15-2010, 13:58
TWT.... (I like that abbreviation)
Do not post again until you have re-read and followed ALL the instructions you received when you signed up (Today).
SEARCH/READ More......Then and only start new threads (if you can not find an answer). At that time, ask your question, be literate and specific.
Right after I hit the submit button I kicked myself in the ass for not be specific enough.
That is why there is an EDIT button. Spend some time and get familiar with the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timewilltell
Hello,
I found this forum while looking for information. I want to sign the 18x contract, but I need to get into shape first. I find this forum very helpful and I like the idea I can ask someone who has actually been through everything.
Thanks.
Welcome all.
I would suggest a lot of reading and thorough use of the Search button before asking anything.
TR
That is all.
Dozer523
03-15-2010, 17:17
twt?
but he's so cute.
timewilltell
03-15-2010, 20:57
Here is some background on myself. When I was young I had to have tubes put in my ears. Now it seems that everytime I swim I get water in my ears. I know their are water exercises during SF training, that is my main concern. I love water and would not let it stop me from succeding. It still pops into my head though. I have tryed searching for this topic on google and this forum. I am not having any luck with it. The only information I am finding is about hearing protection when shooting guns. I hope I am not missing anything, it sucks when you ruin a first impression. :boohoo
Thank you for your time. I respect all of your anwsers.
Surgicalcric
03-15-2010, 21:09
What problems occur as the result of water in your ears after swimming: pain, infection, tinnitus, etc??
What makes you think you wont have to swim after the SFQC in places where you dont have the luxury of putting in ear plugs.
If the mere 50 meter pool swims are a cause for concern on your part you may want to look elsewhere for future military employment.
Crip
timewilltell
03-15-2010, 21:16
Thanks for your input Crip. I was never assuming that I would always have the luxury of being able to wear them. Like I said in my last post, it is not something that will hold me back from anything. I still swim all the time without ear plugs here. I just dont do stuff that I know causes more water to go into my ears. I was just curouis about it, I still have my mind made up. Thank you all for your two cents.
Just remember - the concern is not whether this problem affects you the individual, but whether this problem affects your team. There was a thread posted a while back concerning an individual afflicted with folliculitis - who had put hardly any thought into how his problem would affect the unit as a whole. I suggest you search for it and read the thoughts of the QP's in that one.
greenberetTFS
03-16-2010, 08:34
twt?
but he's so cute.
Dozer,behave yourself...... ;) He's just a snotty nose kid trying to find himself.... :cool: Ear plugs!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Big Teddy :munchin
Dozer523
03-16-2010, 12:01
Dozer,behave yourself...... ;) He's just a snotty nose kid trying to find himself.... :cool: Ear plugs!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Big Teddy :munchin well he's lookin' in the wrong place!
But you're right. I'll be postin' the "penalty avatar" TS . . . , you don't have to say it. sh!t.
Snaquebite
03-16-2010, 12:32
Remember this.... I still think it should be a sticky...
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting