PDA

View Full Version : An expression of gratitude

the squid
03-10-2010, 14:04
If this is not the appropriate place, I apologize.

Gentlemen, I have been a part of this forum for 3 years now, give or take. When I joined I was a junior enlisted Sailor and I now stand on the cusp of becoming a leader in your Army.

I say this not to brag, but I wish to express my sincere gratitude for the wealth of mentorship made available on this board simply because a group of tough men who have done a difficult job decided to start a board.

In terms of the big picture, I am unimportant, I join your Army knowing that it existed before me and that it will certainly exist after me. I try not to post as much as others because at this point in my career I am still a boy among men and I don't think my input is yet appropriate.

I didn't ask for most of the wisdom I received, but I want to thank all of you for providing it nevertheless.

Back to my lane.

The Reaper
03-10-2010, 14:06
Congratulations and best of luck.

Don't let us, or your teammates down.

TR

craigepo
03-10-2010, 14:51
In terms of the big picture, I am unimportant, I join your Army knowing that it existed before me and that it will certainly exist after me.

Wrong.

Every soldier, and every mission, is of the utmost importance.

Lead well. Take care of our troops. Protect our country.

Gypsy
03-10-2010, 17:47
Congrats and best wishes to you. And...thank you.

echoes
03-10-2010, 18:03
Thank You for Your Service!;)

Holly

Peregrino
03-10-2010, 19:51
In terms of the big picture, I am unimportant, ........... at this point in my career I am still ...............

Insignificant yes, unimportant no. "For want of a nail ---"? Everyone matters, it's just some matter more than others. Your job as a leader will be to use everyone to their maximum potential while making allowances in your plans for their weaknesses. Drop the excessive humility, it's unbecoming. You will gradually "find your balance" (Sun Tzu "know yourself ---"). Enjoy the adventure, best of luck. (Something else you'll have to make for yourself if you ever want to have any! :p)

Team Sergeant
03-10-2010, 20:53
Well done, now go and make your family and country proud.

Team Sergeant

LarryW
03-11-2010, 07:06
craigepo said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squid
In terms of the big picture, I am unimportant, I join your Army knowing that it existed before me and that it will certainly exist after me.

Wrong.

Every soldier, and every mission, is of the utmost importance.

Lead well. Take care of our troops. Protect our country.

From one former sailor to another: "Barvozulu, shipmate. Post." :)

Red Flag 1
03-11-2010, 08:07
Congrats, and best of luck.

Drop by from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

RF 1