PDA

View Full Version : Early 10 SFG Beret Crest

geckoman
03-06-2010, 13:47
Anyone have front and back photos of an original early Trojan horse beret crest. Thank you,

Stras
03-06-2010, 18:08
Anyone have front and back photos of an original early Trojan horse beret crest. Thank you,

Don't have a photo handy, but the jewelry store on the Marktstraße in Bad Tölz is still in business and is making them from the original molds. They run about 60 Euros for one. The son is now running the family jewelers.

orko
03-18-2010, 12:36
This one came from the jewler in Tolz casted from the origional mold. The jewler there won't ship stateside so I had a friend send the package(twice actually, it was caught in customs for 6 weeks the first time).

The pin design changed slightly over the years. The first ones had no hinge, Pin would often break off. Dover insignia also made a version that was sold at the local PX almost identical except pin was not made of silver and had clutch back type fasteners.

Stras
03-18-2010, 15:18
This one came from the jewler in Tolz casted from the origional mold. The jewler there won't ship stateside so I had a friend send the package(twice actually, it was caught in customs for 6 weeks the first time).

The pin design changed slightly over the years. The first ones had no hinge, Pin would often break off. Dover insignia also made a version that was sold at the local PX almost identical except pin was not made of silver and had clutch back type fasteners.

I have an extra, the photo is actually of 2 pins. if your interested shoot me a PM.

You could have asked me to pick you one up when I was over there. :D

I'm over there quite a bit.

rdret1
03-19-2010, 08:29

I have an extra, the photo is actually of 2 pins. if your interested shoot me a PM.

My wife still proudly wears a knecklace with that pendant that I got her back in '85.